how do i...

sorabji.com: I need advice: how do i...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Sister on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 12:31 am:

one of you must know how to find the address of a person if i have their full name and phone number... not that i'm stalking anyone, just that knowing where he/she lives would be... nice. it would make my day better, that's all. thanks, you cats always come through in the clutch.

By J on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 08:49 am:

Just do a reverse search with the phone #.

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 11:30 pm:

??? I'm confused.

You already know the person. You already have their full name & phone#. Why not just call them up & ask for their address?

By cyst on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 01:03 am:

do you know their license plate number?

if it's an oregon plate, you can send $5 to the dmv and they'll send you the registration information.

By R.C. on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 04:45 am:

WHOA!!! CYST, ARE YOU SERIOUS!

So they guy you sent to prison for 3-5 for raping you/yr crackhead ex-husband/the jerk you blew off while leaving the bar last Saturday nite -- ANYBODY can get your address from DMV if you've got Oregon tags?

If that ain't a good enough reason to move, I don't know WHAT is!

THAT is some truly scary shit!

By N.a.a......... on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 08:27 am:

i need afvice on how to pass a fucking german oral exam- any ideas will be gratefully accepted.
    oh by the way, bit of a long shot here but j, are you by any chance from wales? probably not but something you said rings bells
    gotta go revise
    wish me luck :]

By cyst on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 09:47 am:

I'm completely serious.

a few years ago, some guy bought the state-issued cd-rom full of everyone's plate numbers and addresses and out it up on the web for anyone to look at for free.

his page got a lot of press attention and there were a bunch of stories about stalker guys looking up chicks' addresses or whatever. so the web guy got harassed and apparently eventually he took the site down.

but it's all public information (at least here in oregon it is). I wish the guy had left the site up. if these people had a problem with the info's being public, then they should have complained to the state instead.

but I'm sure commercial organizations will soon make a lot of that public record shit available on the web with some ads or whatever.

By J on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 10:27 am:

N.a.a....,I live in Arizona,born in West Virginia,and btw,I,m female,it seems I come off as male to some,I don,t know why.Cyst,and Sister,I bought a Net Detective kit about a year ago,it wasn,t quite what I was hoping for.The Starting Page site has some pretty good links under people search,I,m hunting down a dog myself.

By Patrick on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 12:27 pm:

to - N.a.a......... open wide and say ACHTUNG!

ok that was dumb.

By Cheeken on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 11:03 pm:

cyst, i'm an orygunion too, and i recall all the hullaballoo about that doods webpage. i think he should have left it up, and let the ppl who don't want their stuff public to talk to the state, cuz if you request it, i think you can make it not public...or at least not accessible for 5 bucks.

and stalkers really aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be, anyway....sheesh, talk about a bad rap.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact