Drunk control at the Bridgetown Grill

sorabji.com: I need advice: Drunk control at the Bridgetown Grill
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nelly lacking in bar etiquette on Saturday, April 29, 2000 - 10:33 pm:

Why is it that, the one time i want to eat somewhere and i'm alone but i think hell just go ahead because those chipotle shrimp are calling to me, and it's packed so i sit at the bar, the very SECOND i sit down a drunken man, badly in need of dental work, appears at my elbow?

"You really fine, do you know that?" (etc. etc.)

(try to ignore)

"I'm not bothering you, am I?" (etc.)

"Do you think you're too good for me?" (etc.)

And what is the trick to making them disappear? This one eventually got bounced - one of the waiters was on his case already.

Is it something about me? Is there a ritual to this I don't know? A particular retort that always works? Or is it just that I'm unattended by a male?

By semillama on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 12:27 am:

"Are you prepared to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour?" would probably be a good retort.

or, you're an idiot magnet.

By Gee on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 01:24 am:

does saying "Go away." not work?

By semillama on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 12:18 pm:

Nope.

By moonit on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

I'm an idiot magnet. I had this really drunk horrible man practically rubbing himself up and down my leg one night when i was pretending to be irish. I kept telling him to <imagine irish accent> 'get out of my personal space you feckwit' </irish accent> Jules thought it was funny.

By R.C. on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 07:59 pm:

Best Way to Get Rid of Nasty Drunks Trying to Mack When You're Alone in a Bar:

Insult them. Speedily & in no uncertain terms.

"If I wasn't Lesbian when I walked in here/you've I've definitely convinced me to switch sides now. So fuck off!"

"Sorry/I'm not free. Or cheap. My manicure cost more than everything you've got on. So why don't you move over to the bargain basment section?"

"If you're not gone by the time I count to five/my drink will be all over yr head & my knee will be shaking hands w/yr groin. Got it?"

Ya gotta be MEAN when fending off assholes. Humiliation is the only message they understand.

By Nelly on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

thanks R.C. i was hoping you'd have some words of wisdom. i'm going to have to practice those a bit before trying 'em out. and i don't think the manicure one is for me. i've never had one.

By Margret on Monday, May 1, 2000 - 12:47 am:

That makes it even more insulting. Mmmm, chipotle shrimp.

By J on Monday, May 1, 2000 - 02:20 am:

Tell them you can,t pay your bar tab,can they help you out? If they do fuck them. Just kidding..maybe.No,I was just kidding,but if you want to try it...it works.

By patrick on Monday, May 1, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

Bridgetown Grill? Isn't that like jocko central, all the frat boys from GA Tech?????

By Nelly on Monday, May 1, 2000 - 08:07 pm:

that's the one downtown, this was the one in L5P

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:44 am:

oh right. i miss the yacht club.

By R.C. on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 10:19 pm:

Or you can always break into the Village Idiot mode & pretend to be retarded or something. That'll scare off even the worst drunks.

My homeboy used to break into his Kid-from-the- Short-Bus routine when we'd blow a joint & go into Macy's or wherever. He'd follow me around/ pretending I was his Mom.

God, that was funny! I really need to call that boy...

I always tried to play along/but I cd never get into character for more than 5 min. before I was ROFL.

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen a mentally retarded/Downs Syndrome person in a bar. Are they medically-prohibted from drinking or something?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact