Polyamory

sorabji.com: I need advice: Polyamory
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 12:33 am:

Does anyone here have any experience with polyamory? Is it as fufilling as just focusing on one person? Am I just nuts? Does it work out/last?

any info would be quite spiffily respected

By droop on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 12:50 am:

i find it difficult to love more than 0 people at a time.

called me old fashioned.

though we keenly encourage clusterfucking here.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

Well, what type of clusterfucking?

there seems to be just a few too many definitions, leaving me thoroughly confused about the whole matter (not really)

By J on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

Bring a few friends over and we can "talk" about it.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 03:06 pm:

Sure. Where and when?

By Kalli on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 06:29 pm:

Just make sure everyone is blindfolded and drugged. ;)

Actually, I used to think it was possible. Hell, it might still be. The key is honesty and communication. Sounds reaaaaaaal fucking easy right? No. This is the thing people have the hardest time being; honest. The reason most polyamourous relationships don't work is because it's easier for us to tell lies than to hurt people we love. Sucks, but it's true. So, it's the lack of honesty in being able to communicate with everyone involved. That *HAS* to be there. The other element of honesty comes with being honest with yourself. The other thing human beings are by nature, jealous. We all feel it, even when we know we shouldn't. It's real hard seeing someone you love, be in love with someone else. It might be easy to watch your girl-boy/friend fuck another person (I never got off on it) but it's reaaaaaaallly hard to watch them make love to someone else. It might be cute for a little while, but in the long run, it'll kill someone. Now, if all people involved are in love with eachother, that might eliminate this little element, but come on now. Most of us aren't good at loving one person, fuck trying to love multiple people.

Course, I'm all about experimentation...so figure it out on your own butternutts.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 07:06 pm:

Well, thanks, Kalli, experimentation is what being a hormone enraged teenager is all about, no?

anyway, I think that it IS possible, especially if both of the original couple are involved in other relationship, however, I can really only imagine this working best between groups of bisexuals...(damn uptight teenage society won't accept us)

By patrick on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 07:23 pm:

yes Zephry......things are easier if both sides are bisexuals.......

or weasles

By Isolde on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 07:47 pm:

Polyamoury--only works if you're drunk and or psychotic. (If you mean group sexness). If you mean loving multiple people, but not neccesarily in the same room, it can work through communication and such. But it's kind of pointless.

By Kalli on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 11:03 pm:

im with pat on the weasel thing.

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 01:40 am:

Could this have anything to do with the smoking weasel tatoo Ryan has? It's from some band.

By Czarina on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 02:39 am:

Does this mean weasles are polyamorous?I didn't know.

By Zephyr on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:10 am:

umm...ok...but weasels smell funny...

By Kalli on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:30 am:

so do ferretts but i stil love em'

By patrick on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 10:48 am:

thats a Screeeching Weasel tattoo J...... a punk band, led by an infamous Ben Weasel.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 12:17 pm:

sometimes *I* smell funny.

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

The Screeeching Weasel was his first,he got fake I.D. and did it behind my back.If you are going to get a tatoo,think about it,he use to like I.C.P. too but I bet now that he doesn't,he is probably glad he didn't get a tatoo of them.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:43 pm:

That's foul advice. Don't think about a tat. In fact, the more spontaneous you can be, the better. You feel like getting a naked lady tattooed on your genitals today? Do it man. Run out and do it now. How about a Nazi sign on your eyelid? Hell yea!

Uherm.

Sorry.

I actually, just decorated myself a little bit more a couple of months ago.

See. Lookie:

http://www.endless.org/~calliope/images/tat.jpg

Mine (I have a couple tats) ARE all spontaneous (decided on within a couple of days), but yer right, I don't recommend doing tats that way. Hell, I remember in high school when I thought Freddie Mercury was my god. If I had tattooed "Queen" on my back, I'd be weeping now.

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 09:10 pm:

Coulda tatooed "Who Wants to Live Forever?" on your back. That'd been cool.

By K on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 11:01 pm:

hahahaha or "fat bottomed girls they make the rocking world spin rounnnnnnnnd"

By moonit on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

I'm not getting my tat until I get to my next weight goal.

thats supposed to be helping me stick to the whole 'gym/eat heatlhy plan'

it works sometimes.

clusterfuckit.

By Kallli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 08:44 am:

i *refuse* to diet. my mom diets all the time and eats all kinds of fat free food. i can't bring myself to do it. i love food. i love knowing that when i eat, im enjoying what i eat.

i don't drive, so i bike and walk everywhere i go. that keeps me in shape.

i just refuse to eat diet stuff. and gyms scare me. big muscle boobed girls and guys. eeeep.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 11:32 am:

no one has to diet, just don't eat shitty foods. people eat all this shit and wonder how come they're overweight. it's like hello, you live on cheeseburgers and french fries. you eat at pizza hut every friday night.
    your body is a machine and you gotta fuel that bitch properly to make it run right. that doesn't mean you have to eat tofu and fat free everything though. just think a little about what your putting into your body.
    i got two tattoos in one week about a month ago. i got my first tat about ten years before.
    wild hair up my ass i guess. i like them. although the skin cream i used as a lub made me break out. i wanna show the thing off and it's covered with zits.

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 02:21 pm:

Dieting's actually supposed to be bad for you, or something. You should just eat what you like and run

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 02:58 pm:

Jay-
    that sounds pretty foul.

intriguing tho...

whatd you use on it? AD lotion is the best thing---so they say...

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:05 pm:

you mean that no-ad suntan lotion? i was using vaseline intensive care skin cream.
    funny, i never got zits on my.......

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:15 pm:

inner nose?

no..it's called AD lotion. It's vitamin lotion. I know they sell it at most decent tat parlours.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

i'll check it out next tat i get. i think i just overdid it with the vaseline cream. to much of anything will probably make you break out. plus summertime with my sweaty ass shirt rubbing against it.
    speaking of inner nose . the girl who did my tattoo had a booger hanging out of her nose the whole time i was getting it. you'd think with all the mirrors in those places she woulda seen it. too bad she was kind of good looking. boogers are a big turn off for me though.

By J on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

I wonder if people that eat scabs like boogers too.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

Probably. With salt.

By semillama on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 06:45 pm:

what's good for fresh tattoos is Preparation H ointment.

I need a new one. I am considering a ful color "Green man" emerging from leaves and foliage on my right upper arm. have to wait til I go to Seattle aain.

By Mavis on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 07:00 pm:

there's a fantastic place here in portland, sem called "medusa"...we should go together!

By Dougie on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 08:19 pm:

I still have yet to get a tatoo. If I ever did, it'd be a Celtic Cross. On my ass. Or my wienie. Or both.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 09:14 pm:

very religious of you.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 09:27 pm:

Nothing to do with religion. Celtic cross is a beautiful icon, that's all. Might rethink the geography though.

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 09:43 pm:

Do tats on such nether reigons hurt?

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 09:48 pm:

i heard a story about a guy who was getting his unit tattooed and they had to stuff a q-tip down his hole to keep the cum from shooting out.
    take that for what it's worth.
    i believe it about as far as i can shoot it.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 10:35 pm:

Yuck, now I'm definitely changing the geography. I'd imagine they hurt like hell, Zeph, although I'm not an initiate.

By Humbert on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 12:30 am:

Feckin' weasels. Watchin' me all the time with their beady little eyes. Like I don't know what they're up to. I've cottoned onto their little schemes. Not going to catch me sleeping, dad gum it. Damn weasels.

By Kalli on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 08:07 am:

You're gonna get the green man? Mmmm. I'm jealous. I have an affliction for the green man. I've got bunches of little statues and wall hangings and art work and such of him.

But I think the green man is more of a guy's symbol. It'd look a little silly on my punk ass.

I did get the pheonix though. That's my little spiritual tat.

By Jay on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 08:15 am:

i ate to many mushrooms one time and had little green men chasing me around my apartment complex.

By K on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 08:16 am:

those weren't your hallucination.

i've seen em too.

By Zephyr on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 08:41 pm:

Well, back to the original topic of the whole post, I'm going to test my theory tonight...and as far as I know, it WILL work.

By Cat on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 10:26 pm:

It will only work if you take pictures and post 'em. Other than that it will disintegrate into a screaming heap. But if you plan goes according to plan, that's probably not a bad thing.

Best of British luck to you, tho it's not my cup of tea.

By Zephyr on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 05:45 am:

I'm in love.

Yeah.

It was great. It was fantastic. I love Tiggy so much.

All that, and I met her on the bus!

God, wow, I have to do that again.

(no, no, no...nothing happened...but it WILLL! and I WILL post!)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact