A bet

sorabji.com: I need advice: A bet
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Zephyr on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 12:25 am:

Last night, at Fridays after my girlfriend and i and her best friend and one of their friends went to see Scary Movie, I went outside to call my parents...and when I came back, the other members of my group were deep in debate over ....right this is all pointless information...i'll just skip over this

anyway, my girlfirend and her friend, ben, made a bet that they would "hook up"...and the bet got around to being that if they did, then I and her best friend would have to do exactly what my girlfriend and her firend did.

Well, they held up their end of the bargain.

What to do? I don't want things to get weird with my friend...but at the same time, I'm not sure I don't want to fall out on the bet. I don't even remember what the stakes were.

Whatever.

Stupid adolescent crap.

By Kymical on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 12:51 am:

hmmm..
    i have made bets in life. but usually there is a lesson, a higher moral to be learned type thing.

since there appears to be none. i think you should let the pay up be swept under the carpet.
    the whole "sex with friends while in a commited relationship" is a bad idea.
    just my feelings tho. seen too many people do it and it turns to crap. but it does work well if you are actually looking to break up with who you are with at the time.

By Cat on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 01:12 am:

Zephyr, I came top of the class at the school of monogamy, so maybe I'm bringing my own bias to this...but I reckon Ben and your gf were dying to bonk and the bet was just a paltry excuse.

Sorry mate, but you should dump her fast. And then do the best friend anyway.

Unless you're cool with an "open" relationship. In which case, do the best friend anyway.

By Zephyr on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 01:51 am:

oh crap. FUCKING FLY

By Zephyr on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 01:55 am:

I hate flies.

Fucking worthless peices of shit with wings.

That bite.

Real bad.

Yeah...I personally am all for open relationships...I just find it a bit weird that she was so protesting of me being around other girls.

It all does fit into place, though...she HAS been a bit obsessive over him lately.

oh well.

Here goes...muhwahwahwa.

By dave. on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 09:20 am:

muhwahwahwa?

By Bell_jar on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:14 am:

i had always suspected that i was a freak, but it amazes me that people have sex at 16. although i was known as the smart girl, the drug-user and a radical with lesbian tendencies in high school and no boys ever took notice of me, intimidated by my being more intelligent than their inbreed asses i'm sure, the thought of sex never crossed my mind.

there was a guy who looked very familiar, but from where i'm not sure, at this party a few weeks ago raving on and on about some 16 year old girl who had a fake id and how he couldn't tell how old she was. he was asking how he could be blamed. the goody-goody side of me came charging out as i was drunk as hell and about to engage in sex with a guy barely knew, so i needed to console myself by making this most familiar looking guy feel bad about himself. sex is a responsibility. you are willing to accept any consequences that may come along with sex. this should tell you that you should know the real age of a girl if you're willing to take the responsibility of a child or an STD or jail.

then i went off to drop some acid and have sex with a guy that i knew for about two weeks. fuck responsibility.

By J on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:43 am:

I saw Scary Movie this Fri.,it was pretty funny I thought.I met my husband when I was 16 and he was 20,I lied and told him I was 18.He was very hurt and angry when he found out how old I really was,but it didn't stop him.

By Isolde on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 03:39 pm:

Scary Movie hasn't come to my local shit hole. Will it ever?
    Do them all, then dump them. Or say: "Um, that was a stupid bet. Bye."

By Jay on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 03:48 pm:

i wouldn't even entertain the idea of going to see a movie called "Scary Movie".
    how good could it be.
    it would only irritate me to watch.
    most movies put out these days are bad enough. i don't want to pay to see one that is purposely bad. jesus.
    i don't see what the big deal is. your girl did the nasty with gentle ben over there like you knew was going to happen. they don't seem to worried about it all. so strap a johnnie on your jimmy and hit it with the new girl since your girlfriends cool with it.
    never miss an opportunity to swap spit.

By Dougie on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

I rented "Bringing Out the Dead" and "Talented Mr. Ripley" this weekend. First one especially good, except for Nicholas Cage's character's annoying flashbacks to that girl "Rosa" whom he couldn't save every 2 seconds. Also, Ripley was pretty good.

By Bell_jar on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

when i was five my mother caught me holding hands with another little boy, so she took me to the library with her to check out some books. when we got home she showed me book after book of herpes and what it looks like and that you can never NEVER get rid of it. that is reason number two that i didn't think about having sex at 16. it had only been 11 short years since the horrifying sex talk had taken place.

By Isolde on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 04:57 pm:

I have canker sores. Aren't they related to herpes?
    *panicked aura*

By Bell_jar on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 05:07 pm:

yeah, that's why they have a hard time testing for herpes. the test isn't reliable if you've ever had canker or cold sores.

By Isolde on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 05:12 pm:

Hm. *examines the inside of her mouth with trepidation* That sucks. Can the oral pass to the genital, because that's what I've heard, but I'm not sure--and furthermore--can the oral, dormant, pass to the genital?

By Kalli on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 06:34 pm:

holy shit im never having oral sex again if thats true.

cuz, im sorry, but those dental damn things, defeat the whole purpose.

By TBone on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 06:53 pm:

So...

why did they have to make up this bet to have sex?

Stupid kids.

I guess at 16 I wasn't having any sex at all either, so I dunno. Maybe it works differently.

By Isolde on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 08:04 pm:

Dental dams, while a kind thought, simply don't work in field testing. Unless one is very old or very slow.

By K on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:25 pm:

i've never actually used one, but they were handing them out along with mint flavored condomns at an aids-dance-a-thon thing in boston that i went to in high school.

i did suck on the minty condom...ill admit that...cuz i was 16 and was smoking a cig, and figured it would help mask my breath from my mother.

confessions.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 01:11 am:

holy shit...i made NO attempt to be cognizant when i replied to some of the above...damn. I must have been dead last night.

Oh well.

Busy day today: Almost late for my math class at mercer...(county community college)...and i fell asleep in the middle...then I got to work, where there was WAY too much to do. All kinds of network problems cropped up, and people needed to back up stuff on the server, despite access being nonfunctional. Oh, and we ran out of cat-5, just enough left to hook up the Nippon Columbia people.
    And then I had to set up some phone servers, only to find out we don't have phone lines for them, and the mouse refused to work on 2 of the old NT boxes i dug out of a closet to fix up. Also, the sales dude called upon me yet again to do some competetive research/evil scheming, and one of the programmers is demanding that i learn windows applications of c++ so i can code too...

god. There goes my summer.

All that, and I was late for a babysitting appointment, and the mom came home early, so i got to go for a walk before going home, and while i was walking i ran into some people (one that i know, who had a massive crush on me (nonmutual...ha) and then 3 others from god knows where ...we all happen to know the same people though) and i blew like an hour getting to know them and then i just walked back, and ran into my best friends parents...real cool people. Just sometimes a bit weird, still i love them. They treat me like a son sometime(scratch that, all the time!) I just wish i spent more time around doug...we were literally best friends for like forever, and we've kinda split ways as of late...not too cool.

anyway, WAY TO GO OFF ON A TANGENT

Um, details from when I'm not falling asleep every 5 minutes.

No sex happened (unless they lied...). I believe that I should have defined "hooking up"...its a very vague and broad term.

In this case, it meant making out and a handjob...go figure. Not sex. I wouldn't be suprised...but no.

Lauren is obviously looking for a more physically oriented relationship...I'm not. Which causes some friction. (some? how about alot)

I plan on retaining my virginity until i'm really in love, with the right person. WHich means probably not now. Which means a BIG ass conflict with lauren.

I had no part in making the bet in the first place...I was just about forced into an agreement to participate, after having it explained oh so vaguely to me.

I still hold alot of faith in polyamory AND true love, how naive of me. I don't care. Sometimes it's still good to hold ideals.

I see nothing wrong with engaging in sex...so long as it's right for you. and if its justified by love. and if you can be responsible and mature about it. I don't think im at that point yet, so im going to hold off until i know i am ready.

Society seems to get more and more debaucherized and less and less innocent as each year of childern passes. I mean, I look at my younger brother, and at other kids in his age/school group, and they are definitely much "worse" (depending on your point of view) than my age group was at that age.

I guess society is going through yet another cycle, like i mentioned in the (in)Dependence thread, muhc like the romanempire. but maybe not. maybe we all just need to die, or something, might actually do life in general some good.

anyway, HOW THE FUCK DID I GET TO TALKING ABOUT THIS FROM THE ORIGINAL TOPIC OF A THREAD THAT I STARTED?!?!??!?!?!?

oh well.

I don't think that i'll enjoy carrying out my part of the bet, considering I really dont like steph at all in that way...shes just a good friend. oh well. fuck it. you only live once.

right.

By Gee on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:24 pm:

wait till you're in love to have sex, but get all the free handjobs you can from girls you don't like. that makes sense.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

No it doesn't.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:48 pm:

Why would it, anyway? If you wanna know, I think I'm going to refuse to uphold my side of the bet, because I'm an ass.

By TBone on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

Good.

They wanted to "get together."

They did. The bet was an excuse. Your part doesn't really matter.

Although, as these things go, they'll probably make a big deal out of it anyway.

That makes you an ass? You'd only be an ass if you "got together" with this chick you don't like for the sake of a bet.

By Zepyhr on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 01:04 pm:

Sorry. I was saying what they probably would say about me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact