senseless infatuation

sorabji.com: I need advice: senseless infatuation
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Anonymous coward on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 04:24 pm:

help me out here.

There's this amazing woman that I, um, sorta have fallen in love with.

Problem.

She's 11 years older than me.

She lives across the country.

You know who you are, I guess.

Right.

What do I do about it?

By Cat on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 06:55 pm:

How can we help? All chip in for a bus fare?

Is it just one-sided infatuation or does she return your feelings?

If it's one-sided, you need to write bad poetry and not send it, create a little shrine to her and make daily offerings of flowers, and generally wallow around and know that in six weeks, you'll probably feel the same thing for someone else.

Having crushes is normal...and it can be quite delicious when it gets the hormones all worked up.
    You just have to try to keep a lid on it and not let it make you miserable.

If she returns your feelings, then maybe you should be planning a little cross-country odyssey armed with some lubricant. And take pics and post em.

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

What are the all-important 11 years spanning?
    Has she told you to put it up her ass?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 08:07 pm:

Need more data.

You're at sorabji now, busta. You need to let it all out.

And if it's the same woman I have fallen for, better forget the whole thing.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 08:30 pm:

On a hunch...that you, Zephyr?

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 12:31 am:

my guess is it's antithesis.

By Kymical on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 12:40 am:

i say
    1) age ain't nothin' but number. unless someone is like 16 (which will get you 15-20)
    in other words if you aren't bothered by it (which i am not sure you aren't cause you state it in the problem.) and if she isn't bothered by it, NEXT!

2) does she even know? if she doesn't i say the least you can do is let her in on the big secret. better to be rejected far away instead of close up.

3) for the love of pete give it a shot. if you have no faith in the whole thing, if it is indeed a "problem" then let it go. if you think it can be something beautiful and wonderful, and cheesy, sappy and filled with hot snotty sex, then sell everything you own and get going.

or just let her know you would do that. assuming your feelings are that strong.

*please bear in mind that i am the biggest hypocrite around here.*

By Antithesis on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 06:10 am:

Bell_jar: you wound me. Isolde is not yet across the country from me, our age difference is less than 11 by a fair amount, and I already know how I'm going to cope with her leaving. That, and our IPs don't match.

Coward: Usually when people say this sorta thing, they already know what they want to do, and are looking for feedback. Do you WANT to go cross country? how long have you known her? (plus all the other questions already asked) How old are you?

My advice is to go meditate for an afternoon: realize exactly where she fits into you, exactly how far you are willing to go for her; also examine your own connection to your surroundings, and attempt to see the universe from the point of view of everything your eyes come across.

Right. Then, realize that if you know where you and she both fit in your life, you probably know what you want to do; that you don't need our approval of your plan, made up solely of it's rightness for YOU.

then go do it, whatever it is.

By TBone on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

Have you physically met her, or is this some online romance thing?

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:06 pm:

sorry, sorry, sorry. the whole across the country thing is what got me. and i'm a dumbass so i could never figure out ip addresses. blah.

By Z on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:13 pm:

I was getting all funky the other day...gimme a break.

I guess i kinda have a crush on mavis, thats all.

Somebody hit me.

By Z on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

Cat, I love the thing about bus fare...

By semillama on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:43 pm:

That's sorta sweet, Zephyr.

But you better forget the whole thing ;)

She makes a great friend though, so get over this crush as soon as you can, to avoid possible future awkward moments ( I speak from many years of experience on things like that...)

By Zephyr on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:58 pm:

Wow.

Less of a beating than I expected!

Thanks.

I'll get right to it.

By Zephyr on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 02:02 pm:

Oh, and bell_jar, I posted that from the library, not my usual morass of ipaddresses.

It would be nice to know how to glean such things as ips.

By TBone on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 02:23 pm:

Why did you expect a beating? It's all good.

We don't ALWAYS turn on people so quickly...

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

i'll beat you if you want me to.

By Cat on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 04:17 pm:

Z, you have exceedingly good taste.

By Isolde on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 06:33 pm:

Indeed.
    nope. I'm getting nervous. I'm leaving in 51 hours.

By semillama on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 06:47 pm:

view source, dammit! How many times do I have to say it?! Now the belt's coming off!

By semillama on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

Oh, and because there's a song for every moment:

"I was young and foolish once, I feel old and foolish now."

By Zephyr on Sunday, September 3, 2000 - 02:11 am:

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 02:57 pm:
    i'll beat you if you want me to.

You don't even have to ask...I'll even pay for the airfare!

Cat, thanks. I pride myself in liking worthwhile people.

It's been a while since i've had free time to make some quality posts.

By Gee on Monday, September 4, 2000 - 05:58 am:

did you two meet in the flesh ever?

nosey nosey nosey.

By semillama on Monday, September 4, 2000 - 02:19 pm:

Which two, thou gossip columnist?

By Zephyr on Monday, September 4, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

Who, me and who? or who and who?

I can probably assure you it's a no.

I've never met anyone here in flesh.

Yet.

By Gee on Tuesday, September 5, 2000 - 01:42 am:

I was refering to Zephyr and Mavis. I already knew that Semillama and Mavis are buddies.

my friend Ron came back from Israel and brought me some pepsi. I can't wait to taste them. Pepsi's of the World continues!!

By J on Tuesday, September 5, 2000 - 02:11 am:

Elvis Presley would love you Gee,I'm glad you are back:)

By semillama on Tuesday, September 5, 2000 - 07:58 pm:

I had some Bazooka Joe from Israel once. Didn't taste too different. The comics were all backwards.

By Pez on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 12:47 am:

one of my friends gave me german chocolate. she'd forgotten that she'd put it in her suitcase and could get plenty more at home.

that reminds me...i need to email her. haven't written her since she went back.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 01:47 am:

Elvis was my first crush.

I bought a pair of underpants for a male friend of mine. is that a weird thing to buy for a Friend? we're close.

they're like novelty undies. they have an elephant face on the front with a long nose he can put his hoohaw in. there's a little button on the end of the nose and if you press it you hear jingly music. the back is thongish. I figure if I beg really hard he'll put them on for about ten seconds.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 09:26 am:

My Lord! Send us pictures.

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 11:00 am:

Vidios!We need sound and movement.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 11:31 am:

I guess we do, ey? I'm not sure I'll be able to handle this...

By patrick on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 12:16 pm:

you guys just think that thing is a toy dontcha??

jes dress em up and giggle, for your pleasure

oh how cute, the elephant's trunk........its its a weenie!!!!!

for her pleasure......

and they say howard stern is a boob for playing bongos on a chicks ass with a flouder while she sings hotel california

sheeeeeeesh leave us our dignity would ya

don't make the poor boy put on the underwear, for the love of some sorta god, please don't

By Mavis on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 12:19 pm:

oh god thoses elephant dick-slings are so demeaning! even worse than the frederick's of hollywood santa one.....ugh.

i think bunches of grapes would make good clothing.

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 12:27 pm:

Patrick,unless you've been in bed with a flounder,a set of bongos and a good ass,I think you should reserve your judgment,you just never know, till you've fondled a flounder,if its pleasurable or not.

And "dignity" in the bedroom----get on with you now.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 12:45 pm:

no czarinia, I think you misjudge, i thought stern's comedy was god damn brilliant....funniest god damn sight i've seen in a long time...

By Trace on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

I am lurking

By Cat on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 05:13 pm:

Well lurk quietly.

By semillama on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 07:23 pm:

It's not lurking if you announce it - sheesh!

You're still a long way from graduating from Ninja school.

By Mavis on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 07:26 pm:

lurk off....

By Catty Bitch on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 08:41 pm:

lol

By Gee on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 02:06 am:

no one told me if it was weird to buy underthingys for a friend of the opposit sex.

(and then ask to see them in it)

weird?

By patrick on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 12:34 pm:

it sounds humiliating.

the wife once got a cock ring, when she worked at an adult/lingerie shop........i took one look....
    and told her she was out of her mind. Although, it was kinda fun when we body painted.......blue snakes et al.......perhaps because i was simultaneously painting her as well it was demeaning......

so perhaps if you offer to something of yourself in return it won't be weird or humiliating for him.

ever taken a male dog to the vet? ever see the look on the dogs face when the doc grabs his nuts for an exam?

By semillama on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 12:51 pm:

That's how I look all the time.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 02:12 pm:

That explains a lot.

By Morlock on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 08:46 pm:

Gee, it totally depends on the friend. My friends and I have "naked game night:" we play random board games or card games while in the nude.

Mostly I think we do it just for the look on the pizza-delivery guys face.

"No way! there's NO WAY Boardwalk is worth two-thousand dollars!"
    "Shut UP and gimme the dice!"
    "So, you gonna buy the damned property, or just sit and..."
    *DING-DONG*
    "heh." "heh." "heh."
    COME IN!!!!!!!

well, hell. it's cheaper than tipping, that's for sure. (I KNOW that somewhere in the rule book, it says that if they run screaming from your house, you don't hafta tip 'em.)

right. back to the threadishness. If you ask your friend to show off his elephant-style privates in private, he might get ideas. Maybe you're an elephant fetishist? (I'm in the middle of hooking up with one of my best friends, otherwise, I'd say "if your close friends, it won't matter." Ya keep thinkin' that, then they jump you. Just ain't fair.)

Get him nicely messy at a party, then get the entire crowd to start chanting his name (or his little friends name, if you know it? THEY ALL have names. Little known fact: T.S. Eliot's poem "the naming of cats" was actually going to be called "the naming of cocks," but his editor interfered.)

By agatha on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 12:16 am:

i think the real question is not whether it is wierd to buy your male friend undergarments, but whether or not it is wierd to buy your male friend elephant thongs. underwear=not neccessarily wierd. elephant thong=fucking bizarre.

By Pez on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 02:12 am:

so tell me...are the buttcheeks supposed to be the ears?

By Gee on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 02:16 am:

as luck would have it, fucking bizarre is exactly what I was going for.

I'm giving him more than just underwear. I'm giving him a Memory that will last a lifetime.

By Pez on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 02:17 am:

yeah. elephants never forget!

By Isolde on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 08:20 am:

Or a memory that will scar him for a lifetime.

By semillama on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

Fo rthe record, my penis does not now, nor ever has, had it's own name.

By Dougie on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 01:29 pm:

That's a shame, sem. Must be rough on the little guy being called "Hey You."

By TBone on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 02:58 pm:

So where does tearing your underwear in front of company fit into this picture, agatha?

By Trace on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:16 pm:

Now I need a pic of that!

By Mavis on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:25 pm:

sem, forgive me for saying this in public, but i think your penis needs it's own zip code......

By patrick on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

im still failing to see why you two aren't makin babies

By Mavis on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:50 pm:

that's a long story, patrick.

some days i don't know either....

By Cat on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 04:08 pm:

You're a very wise man Patrick. What do you think Mavis and Sem would call their babies though? I'm thinking "Bob" would be in there somewhere. Oh and of course, Anita.

By semillama on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 05:25 pm:

I think I would hold out for "Zebulon"...

My penis, in fact, does not require it's own zip code.

However, it does have quite an abnormally large magnetosphere.

Mavis is right, the story is long and probably totally different when told from each side.

By Morlock on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 06:28 pm:

In that case, you should both tell me, and I'll put it into my synth-morph-story-o-matic, and I'll deliver back a nice, (X-rated) version of "What Sorta (Didn't Really) Happen(ed)."

Aw, c'mon. please?

Plus, I'll add an extra story in for free. It'll be called... um... "Gee and the episode of the exploding elephant underpants."

By Suck My Dick on Saturday, September 9, 2000 - 02:46 pm:

UNDERPANTS WOULD EXPLODE WITH ME IN THEM! I'M TOO BIG 'CAUSE PEOPLE WANT TO SUCK ME!

By J on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 06:16 pm:

Suck you

By Trace on Monday, September 11, 2000 - 07:40 am:

Or, to paraphrase Nate, Suck you, you ass

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact