Geek Boy

sorabji.com: I need advice: Geek Boy
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Isolde on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 02:15 am:

I had to do it. Everyone else posts with their love trials and tribulations, I'll air mine too.
    Geek boy and I hung out until two this morning. It was great fun. We went to see Airplane, which was some funny stuff. I thought about reaching out and grabbing his hand, and then I thought "nah, I'd better not." The movie was good. We went back to my place and had a little awkward moment of The Box in the background and me needing to change my shirt and then we played Monopoly in the cafe and had tea and didn't talk about geeky things once. I tried to convince him to play Zelda with me, but he wasn't going for it--he still is a little ill and wanted to sleep. Silly boy. We tried to order smints, but the secure server was broken. I went home.
    But first. We went for a stroll to get to his house. (Of course, we strolled everywhere, but this was a dark and somber Stroll with a capital T, instead of a walk to the cafe, walk to the movie, etc.) He mentioned something about how he feels bad when people who hit on him keep doing it. (Spurred by this girl at the Cafe who just walked up to him and said "You're interesting, you know that?" He's not really the type to get come ons like that. He was flustered and turned to me for help.) Anyway. I started wondering what that meant. We started talking about how we were both picky people, and how nasty people hit on us and we feel bad spurning them, and I talked about how I like to be frank about telling people I don't like that I'm not digging them, and he seemed to agree. But...but...? What do you all think? Am I just imagining that was meant to be a subtle rebuff, or what?
    The Box is playing.

By Gee on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 02:30 am:

you're imagining it. I didn't see that anywhere.

just fess up, eyezoldee. you never seemed to be the lily-livered type before, so why start now? if you're Sure you want him, make your move.

geeks are So cool. most of the boys I've liked in my life have been geeks.

By Cat on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 03:07 am:

Geeks are sweetcheeks. I just lust after one of my very own to keep forever and ever.

I am so dizzy right now. So silly and swirly.

Jump him Isolde, if he pushes you off then I'd take that as a maybe and jump him again.

By Isolde on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:10 am:

Hrm...ok. I'm supposed to be eating lunch with him in an hour or so. Sadly, all my geek clothing is dirty, so I'll look like a hippie.

By Apparissus on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 02:26 pm:

Be careful when you jump him. We geeks are fragile, physically and mentally (mostly mentally).

Hippie clothing is, imho, the funnest and most alluring genre of clothing out there. (With the possible exception of tight leather or pretty lingerie. It's all good.)

By PeriPheral on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

Speaking of Smints, thanks, Isolde, for sending some my way. They look like meds, but other than that, they're very refreshing.
    And just out of curiousity, how do you describe 'hippie clothing?' Are we talkin' all hemp and tie-dies? Or patchwork?

By Isolde on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 04:45 pm:

I ended up wearing some men's pants, old, black (they look like Dockers), and a linen blouse. Not very hippiesque. I was going to go to dinner in this awesome formal clothing from India, but thought that was a little too hippie, so now I'm in (newly cleaned) geek clothing, and I have to leave in a few. Bleh. Anyway. Yeah. I'll jump him gently.

By Isolde on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 01:14 am:

Geek boy update:
    Today, we went to dinner. A really good thai place. I had cocunut lemon grass soup, spicy tofu, and lychee fruit. Yes, lychee of the famous Jellyoo fame. Very...interesting. He was amused by the flavour and the lychee story. He had tempura chicken and duck. Yay for non vegans. Then we went to a friend's house, watched Wayne's World and Speed II. I felt kind of slutty tonight. It was a pajama party. He wore these horrendous tight thermal underwear pj's, which made us all laugh, and the friend loaned him some capri pants to put over them, which made him look like an aborted superhero. I wore my black silk pajamas, which would make anyone feel like a slut, but especially me. So I jumped him. The results weren't awful. We were just in a room filled with people, so nothing happened. We didn't talk at any point, so he never said anything about it. Now I'm paranoid. I feel as though I've made myself into a turbo-ho. I don't do things like that.
    Argh.

By Tired on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 01:52 am:

>add -e turbo-ho

"turbo-ho" added to english vocabulary.

By Gee on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 02:32 am:

you jumped him in a room full of people?

was this a group orgy or something?

By Isolde on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 11:07 am:

Well, ok, I didn't literally jump him. I just sort of surprise oozed him.

By semillama on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 12:05 pm:

Whoah - like Yeti sex?

(right on, by the way - more power for rockin' ladies who jump geek boys)

By Isolde on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 12:36 pm:

Geek boy and I had breakfast. He didn't say anything. He had to go do something. I might go to Williams today, if I get with it.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 12:20 pm:

i went to the suckass knitting factory/LA sunday to see my friends' burlesque group perform.

a friend of the mrs (and mine i suppose by association) made a subtle come on...i think....

first, she's a scorpio...im a scorpio, she has verbally professed her inkling for skinny , "geek boys"....i think i may fall into this category, although im not one to judge....nonethless, this women oooozes sexuality, I can sense it, her hormones and pheremones are on high alert....never mind her clothes, her perfume, he blunt attempt to draw attention to her tits.....but as the mrs. stepped away for a minute, she asked me "if i liked honey ". Thinking she was continuing some weirdo conversation she was having with the mrs. i said yeah sure absent mindedly.

(this woman annoys me greatly and i rarely pay much attention to anything she says. Mind you she has bluntly admitted to wanting kids so bad, she would deceive a guy by telling him she is on BC when she is not, scary right?)

she then proceeds to tell me she puts honey on her puss to attract guys, every heard of this?

does this disturb you? Not knowing exactly how to respond I told her I trim my pubic hair from time to time. I then turned and walked over to the car to wait for the mrs., she came and took her seat in the back, and then proceeded to throw flowers at me, in a jovial manner, when i looked back at her in the back seat, to toss the flowers back, she spread her skirt open, enough for me to view.

My question is this Dr. Ruth, was she hitting on me? Does my annoyed behavior encourage her to try harder? The fact that I often act like she doesnt exist intensify her effort to get my attention?

thankyou.

By blindswine on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 12:29 pm:

you were going to go to dinner in a sari?

american chicks always look kinda goofy in saris.

what kinda sari do you have?

By Wavy on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

Oh to live in a town/city with PEOPLE.

or I'm such a nerd that I don't socialize because I spend the majority of my free time playing Everquest or Counter-Strike.

I keep hoping I'll meet a nice girl while walking my dog.

____

Excuse me for my whiney outbreak. I'm actually having a good day.

patrick - if a woman is that direct (and weird, IMO) then yes, she's desperately trying to get your attention. I'd say the more you rebuff/ignore her, the harder she'll try.

then again, I'm just a guy, w/o significant insights into the female psyche, so what the hell do I know?

By pez on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

wavy, for some reason whenever i see you've posted i start thinking "wavy gravy". odd, no?

set her up with someone else that's whiny and wants attention. try to create a situation where she won't need to do what she does.

does your wife know what's going on?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:19 pm:

yes she is aware, because the ding dong came back to my wife and said "patrick likes honey .....blah blah blah"

im not matchmaker, so i dont set people up. I don't really care what she doesn, she is annoying anyway.

She is an Orange county girl, the west coast bastion of conservatism, but ironically, a lot of people, i have met from there are the most immoral, she probably would have sex with a married man and not think twice...or even deceive a man to get the baby she so desperately wants. In the discussion with my wife about the topic, nico explained that we have waffled on the kids subject for years and she said "well you guys don't use BC so you could just keep him in and not tell him for the first 2 months, then what could he do"..

the mrs. looked at her with incredible awe and was like "thats deceptive, sure it's my body, but the baby is his as well, he has a right to know as soon as i do."

so you see what we are dealing with? she is textbook scorpio, and no one knows a textbook scorpio better than i.......

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:22 pm:

Hrm.
    Textbook scorpios can be so pesky, can't they? Making the make out tape. I have to keep getting up to stop the tape before it runs into the next song on the CD. I keep just making it...

By patrick on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

am i pesky?

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:52 pm:

Maybe.

By Fetidhoneybeaver on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 05:22 pm:

"puts honey on her puss to attract guys"

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

(mental image of flies buzzing around her crotch, kind of like the flies buzzing around Winnie the Pooh's honey jar)

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 05:26 pm:

*laugh*
    How true...I hadn't thought of that. Maybe she meant honey _dust_?

By Mavis on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 05:26 pm:

if her sugar factory ain't kicking out honey naturally, faking it will only attract bees and other vermin....

By patrick on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

hmmmmmm

IM NOT PESKY isolde, you LUV me!!!!

*SWAT*

*SWAT*

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 05:53 pm:

You're right. I do.

By Tom on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

scorpios. hrm.

ONCE AGAIN, TOM ADVOCATES VIOLENCE:

Anybody who would actually skip birth control to "trap" a guy deserves to be beaten within an inch of her life, and then relieved of her ovaries.

That shit is just inexcusable.

*regains composure*

all better.

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 07:54 pm:

It is inexusable, and not cool, and everything one can possibly imagine. It is such shit that anyone would lie to someone that way.
    Ugh. If she wants a baby, she should go to the sperm bank.

By semillama on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 08:28 am:

Fuck, any one like that does not deserve a kid.

By Kalli on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 07:53 pm:

don't blame it on scorpios. I mean, I'm not defending scorpios a whole lot. Most of em are arrogant manipulative little bastards (which is why I love them so) but....that's a personality flaw.

Big time.

Anyone who's dumb enough to bring a kid into the world nowadays should be creamed anyway.

(Just a little angsty since the new neighbors with their screaming children and geriatric poodle moved in next door)

By Kalli on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 07:55 pm:

Oh and...

Honey? I mean, i coat my cooch in kahlua sometimes to attract boys but.....

By patrick on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 08:21 pm:

i look forward to determining your alcohol capacity......by 9pm

any chick uses the word "cooch" is a-ok in my book

By Kalliope on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 10:35 pm:

I've been working on my tolerancy level lately.

I can shoot back five shots of tequilla and still sing the lyrics to Buddy Holly's "Ollie Vee".

Actually Patrick, I shortened it that time. Normally it's coochy-coo.

Coochy Coo coo if I'm feeling frisky.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 10:47 pm:

My lord.
    I just had Fresh Samantha and vodka. Pleasing combination.

By Tom on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 03:13 am:

Fresh Samantha? I used to *know* a fresh Samantha, but I never had the pleasure of drinking her. She had nice legs.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 07:57 am:

It's the East Coast version of Odwalla (an al natural hippie smoothieesque drink, for those who don't live on either coast).But it's better with vodka...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact