boy coming out of the woodwork

sorabji.com: I need advice: boy coming out of the woodwork
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 02:44 am:

today, while i was working, i saw a familiar face in the department.
    he was taller, more clean-shaven, and his hair was darker.
    we chatted for a few minutes, when he asked me if my sister has said anything about him to me.
    i told him a silly little story about how he walked up to her and said, "hi, lauren pedersen's little sister!"
    we exchanged email addys and he left.

here's the hidden part of the story. he enrolled as a junior last year during the second semester of my senior year. the reason for his being a junior was that he'd been in denmark the previous year. he sat behind me in ap euro, and we both participated in the one act festival. i developed a huge crush on him, but never said a word because i'd just broken up with a boy who had issues with my being the same height (he didn't like me wearing high heels). i did monopolize him for group/partner projects.

then i graduated.

i saw him in august, because my sister had registration at the school, he was there because he's treasurer of the student council. we talked for a few minutes, but then my sister came and we had to go.

i've been gingerly goosing my sister for what he's been doing, they're on the speech team together. two weeks ago she told me that "he told me not to tell you this, but he told me that he had a huge crush on you last year."

if i'd've said what she told me it could've led to mutual embarrassment and distrust of my sister. i don't want to give her a reason to argue with me.

but i still like him.

By Antigone on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:02 am:

Jump him.

Don't think about it.

By pez on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:18 am:

i just sent him an email, inviting him to a poetry reading.

it was funny, he just happened to show up one of the few days that i wear makeup.

omigod. omigod. omigod.

By Tired on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:34 am:

FUCK HIM UP THE ASS

By semillama on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 08:43 am:

Make sure you have him trim his fingernails. I made the mistake recently of fooling around with untrimmed fingernails - very bad mistake and one I won't be making again.

By Czarina on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 12:40 pm:

Sem,theres got to be more to that story,tell us!

By Isolde on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

Yes, do...

By agatha on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

it's gotta be mavis. yay!

By patrick on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 01:52 pm:

ohhh i didn't think of that

(all giggly and girly)

and note the other comment he made about her not likin kissing......

your cornered buddy, spill it!!!

By Czarina on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 02:42 pm:

We're waiting!

By J on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 02:56 pm:

Sem is a gentleman so I don't expect him to kiss and tell. Much less that other business,but I'm not always right.

By Czarina on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:19 pm:

No,no.In the name of science,this is something we must know about.He can rest assured that this info would only be used to further scientific research.
    The way he phrased it,"very bad mistake and one I won't be making again",screams to be shared.I think he is implying that we wouldn't want this to happen to us,so we need to know, so we can circumvent it.He knows he can trust us.[wink wink]

By pez on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 06:26 pm:

yes, do tell.

i got an email back today. there's some confusion. i'd invited him to go to a poetry reading @ reed on wednesday, but he can't go b/c he's meeting his dad for dinner. i guess i'll have to look at my calendar and see if he'd like to meet for coffee or something. i have next weekend off, so that *might* help.

my only bad experience w/fingernails is when they snag and rip off. do tell, please?

By TBone on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 07:02 pm:

Hmm, I've made similar mistakes. My S/O scowls at me now if I let them get too long.

Never fails.

Spill, sem.

By patrick on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 07:06 pm:

fingernails + vagina = no booty

By L. a. law on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 11:07 pm:

well, certainly if you try the butterfly flicker...

By pez on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 02:33 am:

huh?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact