Hurry! I need a recipe for chicken breasts in port wine!

sorabji.com: I need advice: Hurry! I need a recipe for chicken breasts in port wine!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 11:53 am:

Please?

Google has actually failed me this time.

This can't be hard.

I'm thinking chicken breast, coated in flour, sizzled in olive oil with some onions and garlic, covered in mushrooms, doused with salt and pepper, and glazed with port wine. But how much port wine? 2 Tablespoons? A cup? Does it matter? Should I mix the port with heavy cream? How much?

Help!

By patrick on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 11:57 am:

find a recipe for chicken marsala, substituting the port for the marsala. i wouldnt sizzle anything. perhaps cutting the port, say 1/2 cup with 1/3 cup of boullion or something. there is also some reduction that needs to be done, you have to cook off the alcohol to get the flavor of the port. much like with marsala.

By droopy on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 12:10 pm:

my first reaction was that port wine and chicken didn't sound very good, then i found this recipe for pheasant with port wine sauce. this may or may not give you an idea of what to do with your recipe, but it gives me an idea of what to do next pheasant season.

By agatha on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

By Spider on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 01:35 pm:

Dammit. I don't have all those spices, and ew, cherries and chicken!

A few weeks ago, I made chicken and wild mushrooms, and the recipe had called for port, but I didn't have any at the time so I used marsala. It turned out all right...kind of bland, I thought. I don't want to make the same thing again but with port. It took too much effort.

I'm going with my plan (see above). It can't be that bad.

On an unrelated note, I am totally obsessed with this cranberry cereal I bought yesterday. It's made by some organic food company, and hot damn! is it good.

By Spider on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 01:36 pm:

PS. Thanks, Patrick and droopy and agatha.

By Hal on Saturday, November 3, 2001 - 04:41 am:

Fruit in cereal is always a good thing, I'm getting back into the habit of eating cereal again, haven't done it since grade school really. I miss it.

By agatha on Saturday, November 3, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

how did the chikkin come out?

By moonit on Saturday, November 3, 2001 - 03:30 pm:

we have a ceral king here - he makes the yummiest foods. Right now I am eating Berry Berry Bubbles, which is puffed thingies with hunks of dried red fruits and its SOOOO good.

By Czarina on Sunday, November 4, 2001 - 08:53 am:

Is he a real king?

By Czarina on Sunday, November 4, 2001 - 08:57 am:

We just have a sea captain here,who makes our cereal.

[But I'm not even sure he's a real captain,cause he's animated.]

By Spider on Sunday, November 4, 2001 - 09:55 am:

The chicken was good. I used white wine instead of port.

After dinner, we had some madeira. It was *very* mellow and mellowing. It made us all warm and sleepy-like. Did you know George Washington chose to camp at Valley Forge (I believe) because he knew of an inn in the area that served good madeira? I recommend it. It's sweet and brown.

By moonit on Sunday, November 4, 2001 - 01:22 pm:

no, he's not a real king.

he makes awesome cereal though, and museli.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact