Does anyone have "Wireless Web" on their cell phone?

sorabji.com: I need advice: Does anyone have "Wireless Web" on their cell phone?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 10:47 am:

I just got a new cell phone,and it has all kinds of handy features.

Like voice command.For an extra $5.00 a month,instead of punching in a number,I can just say,"call home" and it will.Seems like this could be handy,especially while driving.[that way,I can keep one hand free to put on mascara,the other hand can be changing the radio station,my knee can be steering,and my shoulder can be holding my cell phone]

It also has another feature called "Wireless Web".For another $10.00 a month,I can add this.It will allow me to view specially designed versions of web sites,receive and send email,do AOL instant messaging,and lets me connect to the internet with my laptop,when I don't have a phone jack,[like while in the car].

So,I'm wondering if anyone has this feature and if they like it?.Its seems like it would be pretty damn hard to see much of a web site on the little bitty cell phone window.[unless you were Superman,and had magic eyes]

Also,I'm wondering if when you sign on with your laptop,if I can use my nighttime 1000 minuets,or if they're gonna charge me extra?

I love techno-toys.

By Dani on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 11:34 am:

My cell phone has the voice command and the web access but I've never used the web feature so I dont know what its like.
    I like the voice command though because it's way easier when your driving.
    It has some kind of an alarm clock too but I've never used that either. I just talk on it. I change the ring sound once in a while when I get bored with it.
    We have Sprint PCS and when our contract expires in Feb. we are going to go with the Nextel 2-way communication thing. Then I can add people that use Nextel and bullshit with them without holding a phone to my ear!

By Antigone on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 12:42 pm:

The $10 for wireless web is only the beginning. It's very expensive, lots of per minute charges. And I think it charges you for more minutes than you actually use, like a 10 minute minimum or something.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

shit i still don't own a beeper, muchless cell phone, wireless web, voice commands and so forth.

By Dougie on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 01:05 pm:

Y'ain't missin' much, dude. Ball and chain are all they are, whether to the s/o or the job.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 01:20 pm:

oh totally...i have no interest in being available all the time.

By J on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

I haven't ever fully figured out how to do anything with the options on mine,I rarely use it.

By Dani on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

I like to be available at all times. If I'm out somewhere and Kim gets sick or hurt at school, I can be reached no matter where I am. Hubby needs me for something, he can reach me. Friends call and wanna know what bar I'm at for happy hour, I can be reached and they can meet me. Availability is good for me.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 07:00 pm:

well as a slut its imperative to be available at all times right?

*ducks*

By Cat on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 10:12 pm:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 11:50 pm:

Good one Cat.

Patrick,that was just mean.Knock it off,or you'll have to go to Cats room,too.

By J on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:05 am:

Remember that sick song in that book you had that had the wanking poem by Mark Twain Czarina? The 3 old whores from Baltimore? The mind really is the first to go,I use to remember the whole thing,now all I remember,"The first old whore from Baltimore said my hole's as big as the sea,the ships go in, the ships go out, and leave the rigging free". Chorus:Roly poly licka my holey,fill me with slimey slew,drag your nuts across my guts, I'm one of the whorey crew.Funny the things that stick in your mind,at least mine. I don't know why I'm posting this,I guess I'm just not well.

By DUKW on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:27 am:

J not unwell, just a sick fuck

By Pilate on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:37 am:

J, I remember that song. Except we sang it this way in Catholic school:

Roley poley, stick in the holey
    Cross a slimey slew
    Drag your nuts across the guts
    It don't even bother you.

The first whore from Baltimore
    Said 'mine's as big as the air'
    The planes fly in, the planes fly out
    They don't even touch my hair.

Etc. Chorus, verse, fade.

Sweet Jesus, I need caffeine (that's not part of the song, just a statement of fact).

By J on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:38 am:

THAT'S ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED....ASSHOLE!!!

By J on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:45 am:

Sorry Pilate,that was for that DUKW jerky.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:45 am:

shit czarina...cat....squares.

you of all people cat. for someone who complains the boards are dull....and encourages the sinsister filth in everything....i thought of all people you'd get a giggle out of it.

czarina it was a poised ball on a tee, it HAD to be hit.

and if dani doesnt have such a sense of humor by now...well fuck it. i make no apologies.

wasnt it dani talking about screwing some greek on the warm hood of a bitchin camero recently or something.

slut.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:46 am:

further, does ANYONE take ANYONE seriously when using the term "slut" or "whore"?

I don't and don't know many who do.

By DUKW on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:57 am:

Stella in the garden sifting cinders
    opened up her legs and farted like a man
    the bursting of her bloomers broke 16 winders
    the cheeks of her ass went
    BLAM BLAM BLAM

By Czarina on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

I'm sorry Patrick :)

By Dani on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 01:22 pm:

It was not a camaro but it was on the hood of my car with a beautiful Greek guy.
    I beleive Patty and I have already established the fact that we can not insult, offend, bother, upset, hurt, annoy, or give two shits for one another so the slut comment means nothing to me.
    I've been called much worse by much better so call me what you will.
    I know you tried to make it appear that you were just kidding or joking with the slut comment which very well may be the case but I strongly doubt it.
    But, being that we both have such good sense of humors, I'm sure if I said that you are a poor broke depressed loser you would know I was kidding right?

I think this is where I *duck*

By Cat on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 03:25 pm:

Um...yeah I knew it was a joke, and I was joking too, slutface.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 03:36 pm:

you're really lookin for trouble aren't you?

T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

By Cat on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 04:30 pm:

Nah, I'm really looking for bonking.

B.O.N.K.I.N.G.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

what do you think im asking?

A.S.K.I.N.G.

By Cat on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 06:14 pm:

A.S.S.I.N.G.

A.S.S.K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

no

A.S.S.K.I.N.G.

come to papa

By Dani on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

Man whore.

By Czarina on Saturday, December 8, 2001 - 10:56 pm:

Sluts-R-Us

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact