search for me

sorabji.com: I need advice: search for me
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 10:10 am:

For some dang reason, I can't use the search engine on this site, so I'm appealing to your altruism.

I'm trying to find a post of mine in which I describe a dream I had. Would someone please search on "uncle Sylvie" or "Silvie" or "take care of the universe"? I would be ever grateful.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:17 am:

the search function has never worked for me either.

By agatha on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:20 am:

you have to search thread by thread, the all encompassing search is too massive. try it one thread at a time, and you should be able to find it.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

God help you if you forget which subject you
    posted it under.

By droopy on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 03:33 pm:

here.

i just searched in the first logical thread.

By Spider on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 03:53 pm:

Damn.

All hail Droopy!! You always come through.

What a weird dream that was. I wanted to read about it again because I've lost my mission. Now I know what I have to do.

Droopy, last night Rainey and I said a rosary in front of your shrine. She told me to tell you she likes it lots. It looked good next to our Spanish Doņa de Guadalupe candle.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 04:00 pm:

hey droop do you have those 99 cent various colored candles in your grocery stores...usually in the Mexican isle that have various Catholic saints and the corresponding prayer? I love those god damn things.

By Sorabji on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 04:04 pm:

i'll fix the search engine one of these days. i'm going to have lots of free time soon....

By Spider on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 04:07 pm:

Thank you.

By droopy on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 04:18 pm:

hmm, assuming we're talking about the same thing, patrick. like a tall glass o' candle with a saint on it? i always see that but i never picked one up to take a closer look.

wow, spider. it never occured to me that the shrine might be involved in prayers. did you ever get an email from me explaining about chimayo and all that?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 04:24 pm:

yeah droop those are the one's. You couldnt find em east, at least not at the grocery store, muchless for 99 cents.

Im sending some to Kalli when I get off my ass and get a box and pack it up. I bet spidey would like some too

By droopy on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 04:38 pm:

she just might. i'll be sending spidey another package once my connection comes through. i'll throw a candle in with it.

as if i haven't done enough for her.

By J on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 06:58 pm:

What's a chimayo Droopy?

By Spider on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 07:52 pm:

Hmph. :) You don't have to do that... if anything, I should be sending *you* stuff now.

Yep, I got that email. The blue bird of the soul...I thought that was neat.

Your shrine is an appropriate addition to my prayer-life, seeing as I pray to St. Michael often because of the environs I occasionally find myself within around these parts.

By cyst on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 10:43 pm:

I've found some comfort in the decrepitude of the search engine here. even if they found it, I've thought, it would take them forever to find anything.

over the weekend I read some old crap I posted here, and I felt ashamed of myself. not for the stuff I said so much as the stuff I said I did. I didn't realize at the time what a pathetic creep I was.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:34 pm:

shit cyst, i've got you way beat for pathetic creepiness.

By J on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:40 pm:

Hush Cyst,you are all good.

By dave. on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:49 pm:

i realized it. that's why i always strive to never say anything pathetic and creepy. so far, so good.

By St. Daniel ssss and the Bernard on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 12:25 am:

I of course never say anything pathetic and creepy....what was it that Nate called me, a "creepy old bastard"... hey, on the other hand, I thought that was an entrance requirement.

Personally, I like the altar candles that are dedicated to Our Sacred Lady of The Trailer Park and to Saint Dudeman of the East Side. They're great candles and every once in a while I'll slip one into a nice wholesome shrine somewhere... I'm waiting for the Patron Saint of Blackjack to be cannonized...

By Nate on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 12:40 am:

that you still remember that is an indication of some thing or another.

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 01:31 am:

How's this for pathetic and creepy: I'm watching Star Trek III, The Search for Spock.

By droopy on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 01:42 am:

how's this for pathetic and creepy: i'm going to post on a message board.

j - chimayo. parts of spider's shrine come from the santuario there.

By sarah on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 02:15 pm:

i think i've got both nate and cyst wrestled to the ground and hog tied when it comes to past pathetic creepiness. also, hypersensitivity and attention-seeking.

By droopy on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

ah, fuck this handjobwagon. someday we'll look back and say: if you never made a regrettable post, you weren't really here.

here's something eerie(y?) - no sooner do i hear about spider doing a rosary than i am rummaging around the trunk of my car and there, by the spare tire and jumper cables, is a little book called "scriptural rosary: medititations for the fifteen mysteries."

ora pro freakin' nobis.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 04:06 pm:

i need a handjobwagon.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 04:21 pm:

With a little jack-ass to pull it?

By droopy on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 04:33 pm:

you got it, nate.

last night i had a dream. you came up to me and handed me a a piece of parchment with a diagram of what appeared to be a wagon drawn on it. then you said, "if you build it, they will come."

now i understand.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 11:22 pm:

Surely, it was my only regrettable post...except for the ones where I directly addressed a sorabjite and received the royal ream without the naval jelly, nay, censure for said activity. That I CAN remember is a function of not smoking that O-Hi-O weed for the past 22 years...or was it 21 years? I forget.

ora pro nobis?

By The Watcher on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 04:15 pm:

All hail creepyness.

Sorabji land is one of the last truely free speech forums in the world.

All hail Mark Thomas creator of Sorabji land.

This is great therapy when you feel like you know what. (Must remember where I am.)

One of these days I'll start rambling from home. Then I can more freely express myself.

From work the PC police are watching.

By Martha Stewarts Secret Kitchen on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 09:48 pm:

I recommend wearing a tin foil hat. The voices stop almost immediately.

By TBone on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 12:48 am:

And don't ever take it off. Ever.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:18 pm:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean no one is out to get you.

By Moonit on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 03:54 am:

What if it rains? And the hat gets rusty?

By TBone on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

Use aluminum foil.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

There are no voices in my head.

The PC police around here have nice little programs that monitor internet usage. If certain sites, most are blocked but deffinately not all, are visited or cretain words are used then they might have a "talk" with you.

I think a person would have to be pretty stupid, I have seen a few of these, to trigger a vist. I don't want one.

By Spider on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 04:37 pm:

I've triggered my office's internet filter several times, by going to such innocuous sites as http://www.spumco.com and following (stupidly) some links that people have sent me, and no one has ever visited me to tell me to knock it off.

But I have a performance review next week, and I'm wondering if it will come up. Eep. I'm innocent, I swear!

By patrick on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 04:41 pm:

it never comes up.

ive dicked around on the computer for ages during work.

As long as you dont cost the company serious bandwidth and you do your job, It seems to me, employers will only hold that information if and when they want to get rid of you, if they are needing further reason to can you.

or you have a complete ass for a boss. im pretty sure you're safe spider.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:32 pm:

With my current medical problems I've given my boss enough reason to wish I was gone.

However, she has been more than supportive.

I could kiss her feet.

If I could reach them.

By LoneStranger on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 01:25 am:

handjobwagon.

Where can I get one of those?

LS

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact