Crossing Over

sorabji.com: I need advice: Crossing Over
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Fetidbeaver on Wednesday, February 6, 2002 - 01:43 pm:

does anyone know anything about this john edward guy and his crossing over show? has any credible news org. investigated/reported on him?

By heather on Wednesday, February 6, 2002 - 02:05 pm:

wisper made a lovely rant

i never heard him say anything other than 'a man with the letter m is telling me this'

i myself am more freaked out by the 'pet psychic'

By semillama on Wednesday, February 6, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

The What?

By heather on Wednesday, February 6, 2002 - 05:40 pm:

a woman on the animal planet channel

she sits in a room with people and their animals and walks around talking to them- much like john edwards.

actually it was pretty funny. she talked to a duck who 'said' that his owner was a good cook- so the owner said how the duck really loves his spaghetti.

mostly she coos and tells the animals how special they are.

By semillama on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 10:40 am:

My head just exploded.

By J on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

He he,maybe Sem, when he gets his head together may develope the ability to converse with the spirits of dead animals.We can watch it on the Discovery chanel.

By Ophelia on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 03:37 pm:

maybe he can figure out why my goldfish died.

By Nate on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 04:30 pm:

mostly goldfish die for the sins of their owners.

By Ophelia on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 04:46 pm:

did it die so i can go to heaven? how sweet.

By The Watcher on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 05:17 pm:

I think maybe Nate ment "because" of the sins of the owners rather than "for" their sins.

By heather on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 05:30 pm:

you are wrong sir

it is definitely for.
    and for some there will not be enough goldfish i am sorry to say.
    some may want to go with koi.

By J on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

or the singing bass

By Cat on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 07:25 pm:

And people wonder about the decline in the humpback whale population.

By pez on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 10:14 pm:

for me it will be an electric eel.

By The Watcher on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 03:04 pm:

Save us critters of the light.

By wisper on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 10:10 am:

rant? what rant?

or rather, which one? ;)

By J on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 11:06 am:

I love your rants Whisper.Dennis Miller has nothing compared to you:)

By Karina Vita on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 12:16 am:

Hi
    I too wonder about that John Edwards guy; he ought to be seriously investigated.
    The Pet Psychic? She is funny, entertaining, I think harmless....
    But Crossing Over... OK, yes, we do cross over, for sure, and something of us does survive, even though we get no inkling of it while we are alive. Be that as it may, if your brothr or mother wants to talk to you from Over There, they will not use J.E as their agent, they will contact YOU directly.
    For sure! I am a witness to that.

By Czarina on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 01:57 am:

How can we be sure?

By spunky on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 09:50 am:

I have added that to my
    Springer-Elimidate-Street Smarts
    list

By eri on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 10:55 am:

I have a cousin who thinks he is absolutely wonderful and he actually does contact people on "the other side". I happen to think it is a load of crap. Not that people can't have these abilities. I think we have the ability but don't know how to use it. I think it is an untapped portion of our brains and very few are gifted enough to find a way to use it.

I do not think that this man has the ability to speak to others. I would absolutely hate it if I was there and he told me something my Grandmother was saying to me or my aunt. It would play on my heart so badly that I could very well need therapy. I wouldn't feel peace, but rather unrest at why someone I was sooooo close to would say something to some stranger and not to me.

I think this man is harmful to people. To their thoughts and their feelings. I hate sensationalizing people's pain, and I think he is creating this unrest within people and then sensationalizing their tears, and memories, and love and pain all in one.

I don't watch his show. I think it is a fraud.

By Czarina on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:49 am:

I meant,how can we be sure that Karina crossed over,and really came back? Maybe she's still there.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact