sure, now that it is too late

sorabji.com: I need advice: sure, now that it is too late
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:10 pm:

I was just watching the news. They were doing a piece on a form of Hepatitis that goes undetected in 60% of the people who have it. It causes liver failure, and other problems. You can get it from intraveneous drug usage, tattoos, or body piercings. It is extremely common, but most people don't know about it. You can have a blood test done specifically for this form of hepatitis to see if you have it.

The thing that is bugging me is that when they described the disease and how it effects the body it was describing what happened to my Grandmother from start to finish. She had several blood transfusions in the past year, and could easily have gotten it from that. It described EVERYTHING that went wrong (aside from the fluid in the lungs but that was because she was immobile so long after her hernia surgery). All they had to do was a blood test and they didn't do it.

I didn't know about this. I didn't check to see if they tested her for this thing (I know they didn't, cuz I know what they tested her for and this wasn't one of the things). I didn't know to tell them to look for this, and I didn't know I would have to point out where to look.

It is treatable. She could have lived. But I just didn't know.

God I hate Missouri. It is total fucking Misery. I don't know why they never looked for this. Isn't it their job to look, to find out, to explore what causes the problem and try to fix it?

What kills me is that less than 6 months later, I find out about this, but it is too late to say something that most likely would save her.

By heather on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 12:53 am:

they do their best and so did you

don't kick yourself

besides, it's only speculation that hepatitis was the issue

maybe it was just her time

By eri on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 01:09 am:

I guess in a way , it answered a lot of questions we had surrounding what happened to her. There are too many coincidences for it not to be true. I have been asking for something to help me understand what happened. Now I think not knowing anything was better than the thought of "If I only knew then what I know now".

I am doing a little better with the whole thing, and I am not crying any more. I am trying not to torture myself.

I guess I just miss her so much that I wish I could go back in time and point this out and let her be with me now, but that is probably selfish.

Either way, what is done is done, and knowing something doesn't change anything. It brings understanding I wish I didn't have.

By J on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 02:18 am:

I might have that,I have type O-positive blood type,tried to donate my blood after 9/11/ came up positive,my dr. said not to worry if I don't have the symptoms,but shit.

By eri on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:57 am:

All you have to do is ask for a blood test for hepatitis C and it is treatable.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact