I have to shave my head

sorabji.com: I need advice: I have to shave my head
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Curly temple on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 01:04 am:

But I'm honestly not very happy about this development. My head is shaped caddy-wompus and I have a full head of hair. My aunt, however, has gotten some cancer in her spare time and has to shave hers. I want to support her. Would you like it if your friend/lover/monster shaved their head in support--in a situation like this?

By Dougie on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 09:50 am:

It's a nice gesture curly. I've seen several fathers come in here who have done it when their children are sick. Please define "caddy-wompus" for me though.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 10:37 am:

i shave my head to show solidarity with people who have no choice.

it is the least the hairful can do.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 01:44 pm:

Why not buy her a decent wig instead?

By The Watcher on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 01:45 pm:

One other thing.

How does one get cancer in their spare time?

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 03:36 pm:

Eat American food.

By kazoo on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 05:20 pm:

"has gotten some cancer in her spare time"

I thought that was rather clever. I would shave my head if someone I loved, particularly if one of my bestlittlecousinfriends had to shave theirs. (Dougie, what a sweet example). I have to say, however, that I would probably be driven as much by other reasons for wanting to shave my head...like, just for the experience.

By moonit on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 03:08 am:

I would if one of my close friends/relatives had cancer.

I'd also ask my workmates and clients to sponser me so I could donate the money to the cancer foundation.

As 'drew often says 'its only hair, it will grow back'.

Besides, wigs are fun for chicks.

By Hal on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 04:52 am:

I shave my head once I get a full head of hair, and am too poor to go get it cut....

Its easy as hell, and althought it may take like 30 minutes to do, once your done its a really cool feeling. Bic that dome man, clippering it is fun, but nothing is like the feeling of a bic'ed head.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact