Panoramic Digital Camera

sorabji.com: I need advice: Panoramic Digital Camera
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:19 am:

Patrick, or anyone else that might know something about digital cameras, my mom is looking for a digital camera that has panoramic capabilities or landscape capabilities, and I am having the hardest time finding one.

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 11:36 am:

i know nothing.

check these people out though. I get their catalogs at home. They are sorta king when it comes to catalog/mail order photo supply. If they dont have it, it probably doesnt exist.

however, now that i think of it, im not sure there are panoramic digital cameras. muchless panoramic lenses for digital, at least for the average consumer.

there is this but i dont think this is geared for the amateur.

By spunky on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 11:51 am:

The only one I have found is on a tripod and rotates 360 degrees

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:04 pm:

what does your mom want with such a camera? they are pretty specialized.

By spunky on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

I think she just wants to be able to take landscape photos and email them.
    I am about ready to suggest a normal camera and a scanner....

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:21 pm:

they have poin-in-shoot cameras that have a "panoramic" function them, as well as close up portrait and normal functions. essentially its a zoom lense that will go from 28 or 24mm to say 150mm. she can take the 28mm wide angle to take landscapes and the panoramic aspect is redeemed in the printing.

or she can get a digital camera and some software to make web based digital panoramic images.

thats the best bet, because otherwise its going to very expensive, very specialized and she wont be able to take anything else with it.

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:32 pm:

"point-and-shoot" rather

By trace on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 01:10 pm:

thanks, that does help a lot

By Mr. Teeth on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:29 am:

This Camera is coming out next month. You can buy an adaptor that will let you fit a wide angle lens (specific to this camera of course). At a minimum, call one of the camera shops that deals in digital cameras in your area and ask about it, or look online for info about the adaptor/wide angle lens. It sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for. My friend has one on order.

By Mr. Teeth on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:30 am:

By dental dam on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

neat o

By Squaeky who WAS that photographer on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 05:19 pm:

The advanced photo system you can take photos is 3 different shapes, regular(meaning roughly the dimensions of a tv screen to the dimensions of a movie screen) and if you hold it differently you have an extra tall photo.
    extra-wide and extra-tall.There are really only 2 "aspect ratios"
    There's a kind of a slide deal (lever) over the lens that switches the aspect ratio from about 5/3 to 8/3.

It is a $49.95 Fuji, non-digital.
    The film comes in special cassettes (advantics)
    $8.99 for 25 shots versus 6.99 for
    24 shots.

It's 24 mm. film.

Heartland America catalog
    or Heartland USA catalog.

it was originally $350.

By Squeegee on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 05:21 pm:

You can do a lot with a regular camera and a scanner.

You can join two pieces of photos.
    Giving the panoramic effect as you must know.

By patrick on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 12:03 pm:

the advantix system is a booby trap, obsolete , shitsucker of a system that you should avoid at all costs.. you are limited with that system. there are only 3 films that can be used with it, your negatives are smaller, limiting resolution.

its a failure of a system that will probably be phased out very soon.

By trace on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 12:52 pm:

The response I got from my mom was "I did not want to know what a book had to say on it or a professional I was just looking for your personal opinion on the cameras at wal-mart"...

Well, my opinion is get a Sony from Wal-Mart (my brother is the manager of the electronics department, not sure why she asked me)....

By Justme on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 05:06 pm:

Why don't you suggest getting a high megapixel camera. Shoot from a distance then zoom in to whatever panoramic view you want.

By wisper on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 06:42 pm:

I'll be sure to go back in time 2 years ago and suggest that. Thanks!

By Weirdo on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 06:47 am:

Was looking for more info aboyt panaromic d. cam, saw this forum thought I might get some help :), unfortunately not.

Well, if you are going for pro panaromic cam, I know one, you wouldn't want to buy one

Hasselblad XPan II
    Adorama is selling it as US$1932+

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact