HELP ME!!!

sorabji.com: I need advice: HELP ME!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By trace on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 03:58 pm:

Does anybody know anything about Alabama?

It looks like we are moving in January

By patrick on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

im sorry.

whereabouts?

tiggy used to live there.

i know its redneck and conservative as fuck.

By trace on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 04:31 pm:

Montgomery.
    All I know about it is Gump...

By patrick on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 05:10 pm:

i gather they pay for all your moving expenses but, as I understand it, you guys live in an apartment right? They should be doing more for you.

Demand more money.

Have you considered leaving your family put and having them fly you back once every few weeks? especially if this is a temporary thing? Isnt there a c130 they could throw you on every friday evening?

Coincidentally my step dad worked in Montgomery, while I grew up in Atlanta. He also worked in Cape Canaveral, Augusta, Anchorage, Houston, Raleigh, Shanghai and Toronto but he would never expect to relocate his family that much. So the company paid for him to fly home every weekend. But then again, thats a wealthy pharmaceutical company rather than the government.

Still, such frequent moving is a concern when it comes to the girls, they need stability. Do they increase your salary with each move?

By J on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 12:50 am:

10 to 20 years behind in anything and all are rednecks,thank God your white,you can put a whole family together and if your lucky you might get a full set of teeth. A southern man don't need you around anyhow.

By trace on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 07:46 am:

I got a 13% increase 6 months after the last move.
    Flying back and forth is out, but we (the gov and I) are looking at alternatives. I am trying to talk them into remote administration, but so far no dice.
    I have to have the servers out of the building they are in no later then Dec 31st.
    Huge infrastructure change...

Just a nice bday present for me I guess.
    After all, last year I was not even sure if I would still have a job, and instead I got to move to San Anton...

J I am not sure what most of your post meant...

By trace on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:16 am:

this makes me feel better about the whole alabama thing:
    Soon-to-be Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Shelby, R-Ala., is at odds with President Bush when it comes to the question of whether Saudi Arabia is an ally in the war on terror.

While Bush, Secretary of State Colin Powell and National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice have repeatedly insisted that the oil-drenched sheikdom is a friend of the U.S., Shelby offered a different view yesterday.

"I wouldn't look at Saudi Arabia as an ally like the British or the French or the Canadians or anybody like that," he told NBC's "Meet the Press."

"I think our relationship with them is totally transactional..... They have a lot of oil. We need the oil. We've done a lot of things for them," the Senate's intelligence chief said.

Then, in a remark sure to raise eyebrows at the White House, the Alabama Republican added, "At the same time, if you look at their support of the Wahabi religion, if you look at the overall support of the so-called charities that fund a lot of terrorist groups, they've got a lot of answering to do, in my judgment."

By semillama on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 09:54 am:

Promise me you'll put one of those "BAMA" license plates on the front of your car.

By J on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:12 am:

You'll do alright in Montgomery,Orions dad Jerry is from Alabama.Did I ever mention that I can't stand him?

By patrick on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

i know if they were asking me to move at the drop of a dime like that all over the fucking country....uprooting my family, potentially disrupting their education and social welfare, they better be paying out the ass so you can do better than apartment life.

By trace on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:32 pm:

They are pushing for more education before the money gets too big

By dave. on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 11:15 pm:

patrick, management operates in the abstract world of budgets. scope of work, terms and conditions, and headcount drive their decisions. considerations like family and worker satisfaction are secondary (or tertiary, or even quaternary) to submitting favorable expense reports to the home office. i know, without a doubt, that the special assignments i've been given aren't so much about my abilities as they are about my price tag. i'm cheap and functional.

hold on -- it's gonna get reeeeaaaal nice here in the coming months.

By trace on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 01:45 am:

Your telling me.
    Gunter is the HQ for Systems Support Group and with the changes to Homeland Defense, my project, plus the pentagon project.....
    Damn I ended up in the right place at the right time.
    This may be the best place for me to end up right now. My counterpart there at Gunter makes 50% more then I do, for the same work.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact