I NEED HELP NOW ABOUT A GUY>>>>>PLEASE!@

sorabji.com: I need advice: I NEED HELP NOW ABOUT A GUY>>>>>PLEASE!@
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Tasha on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 07:54 pm:

Ok, this may be dumb as well as everyone else's questions about relationships, but here it goes, I really like this guy a lot. I work with him and he is really interesting and I actually care about the stuff he tells me. His sister told me that he has a girlfriend but that he likes me a whole lot and is thinking of breaking up with his girlfriend anyway because she lives in another state and he would rather not do the long distance thing. I do like him alot and want to hang out with him and everything, but I just don't want to seem too forward. And I don't want to do something wrong and miss the opportunity of going out with this awesome guy.. help me!!

By wisper on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 09:45 pm:

just talk to him. Tell him what you're telling us.

By eri on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 00:01 am:

I agree. Tell him how you feel, but that if he only wants to be friends, that you understand. I have a feeling that knowing how you feel will be helpful to him in making a decision. If he has feelings for you, it is going to be hard to deny them when you are being open and honest about your feelings.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 00:57 pm:

ask him out you big weenie!

By Tasha on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 01:52 pm:

I know I need to tell him how I feel. I guess the other thing I forgot to tell you all is that I am going to be leaving in a month for summer break. I am taking a leave from work and so I won't be around him for 3 months.
    It is going to be hard for me considering the way I feel about him and all. And I know that since his relationship with his "soon to be ex" is long distance that he won't want to start something with me that will be temporarily long distance.
    So, what now??
    Oh by the way, I am going to see him tonight at work!!! :) YEPEEE! hehe

By eri on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 02:02 pm:

Why does this have to be all about a committment? Go out with him and have fun while you are there. See him when you get back. It's not like you guys are going to get married between now and then. Just have fun, no strings attached.

By kazoo on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 02:09 pm:

I'll tell you all about long distance relationships, espcially ones that start in mid-april a month or two before one person leaves.

I say if you are coming back, have some fun now, stay in touch and see where things stand when you get back. Don't invest too much, stay open.

By Tasha on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 02:09 pm:

That's true.. I don't know why I always think that the next guy I date will be the one I will marry. I don't really do it on purpose or anything. I guess my last boyfriend I was extremely serious with. We were engaged. Really it wasn't too smart to be engaged by 18 years old. Anyway we dated until last feb and I have been single since then. Just dating around or whatever, I guess I am ready for another relationship, but I need to calm down and get a grip!! :)

By patrick on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 02:10 pm:

no no, you dont need to go an spill completely.

just ask him out....invite him to hang out.

By kazoo on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 02:10 pm:

How old are you now?

By Nate on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 05:08 pm:

oh man. is this what happens when i'm not on the gun?

christ people. is this what you've all been secretly wishing for?

By wisper on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 05:51 pm:

no man, we're just trying to shove in some decent advice before the joke competition starts.

not that i'm against freaking out the random posters, or even ass fucking, mind you, i just felt like trying to help out this time.

By wisper on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 05:53 pm:

i mean, the chick somehow made it all the way here to this board, god knows how, to ask us somewhat of an important question. the least we can do is start by tossing her a freakin' bone.

and then on with the bone jokes!

By Nate on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 06:32 pm:

damn. it was just it was just that it was so shocking seeing you leading the way.

By Tasha on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 06:46 pm:

haha.. It is kind of funny how I found this site.. It was on mistake. I was looking up recipes for peanut butter on the internet and I don't know why but this popped up?? Who knows!!? hehe..
    I am 21 years old, and I definitely appreciate advice that anyone gives me.
    That guy called today, and he is just really sweet. For once I feel like someone is interested in a lil bit more than a piece of ass, and it feels nice.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 06:57 pm:

go ahead and prepare your naked photos.

this advice aint free you know.

nate will be expecting your submission.

By Platypus on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 11:27 am:

with the peanut butter.

By J on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 01:43 am:

And the "jelly".

By wisper on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 06:22 pm:

Nate: it's ragtime, what can i say?
    So I'm *completely* trashed on codeine. And shall remain so for the next 4 days.
    It is my friend.

i
    love
    codeine

welcome Tasha! peanutbutter is great!

By semillama on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 06:57 pm:

If it's peanut butter you want, Sarah is your woman.

blarg!! ROOOAR!

By Nate on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 07:30 pm:

well, shit wisper. why didn't you say so? that's a fucking relief.

By wisper on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 01:24 am:

you bet your sweet ass it is!

thank you Tylenol, for your healing gift of non-percription codeine.

By The Watcher on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 01:23 pm:

Interesting that you should mention Tylonal with codeine.

I had to take that once. But, in Maryland you need a Prescription for it. But, since the Federal Government does not require a prescription for it Blue Cross won't cover it. They expected me to drive out of state to buy it over the counter.

My advise - If he is DEFINATELY going to dump his long distance girl friend - invite him to your place and seduce him.

By patrick on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

i think in Canada low doses of coedine are available over the counter. now if wisper is referring to the ever so wonderful tylenol 3 aka vicodin then we got another conversation on our hands.

By Tasha on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 09:55 am:

Hey you all!! I went out of town for Easter this weekend. Well, the guy has been calling me every night since I have left.. That's a good sign I assume.. he dumped his girlfriend!!!!!!!!! YEPEEEEE! So that is a good start!
    And he keeps telling me that everyone at work is asking about "Us" but he won't tell me what he is telling them or anything.. I just wish he would tell me he likes me.. I can tell he does ya know? But he hasn't out and told me.. It was a lil awkward because the other night, we were kind of hugging each other and talking, and he said, "So, we are becoming pretty close?" I said , " yeah" and then there was a silence.. hehe.. I just kind of smiled and he said, "I'm sorry I don't know where I was going with that one.. "
    But I think he was trying to tell me he liked me there... what should I say next time we are like that together.. I am just such a chicken I know..!
    Help me out you all!

By wisper on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 05:08 pm:

"in Canada low doses of coedine are available over the counter."

fuck yeah! woo wooot!
    every major headache med (tylenol, generic store brand tylenols) comes in extra strength and extra strength with sweet sweet codiene. These have 8mgs in it.
    Do you call those Tylenol 1 ?
    2 and 3 are Rx only. I had them for my back until i grew too much of a tolerance for them.
    then the morophine started.

i didn't know Tylenol 3 was the same as vicodin.
    i can see how some would get hooked on that stuff.
    What a happy time.

By wisper on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

Tasha: he likes you, obviously. You can either make the first move, or wait for him. Whatever is more exciting for ya.

By Tasha on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 10:33 pm:

thanks wisper, you are right.. I guess I just feel like he should make the first move.. I want him too so bad.. I know I am trying to move too quickly and he is probably letting the relationship move as fast as it should, but damn it's hard not to just kiss him, however, i think i would feel like a fool if i did that..

By wisper on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 11:56 am:

maybe you could grab his hand sometime and hold it?
    that's always sweet.

By Tasha on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 00:16 am:

I have grabbed his hand and he grabs mine too...we kind of hold hands.. till we start talking about something funny, and then we are laughing again and the hand holding stops.. it's almost like we are 2 lil kids or something, and we are both adults!
    I need to try and make the mood a lil more serious..but not too serious.. any ideas?

By ANAL LOVER on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 00:26 am:

LET HIM FUCK YOU IN THE ASS

By Vivi on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 10:28 am:

that wasn't funny anal asshole..

tasha, you should just tell him that you do really like him, and then he will maybe get the idea that he can move past that kind of flirting.

By patrick on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 11:57 pm:

this is so gay.

for fucks sake. tasha, how old did you say you were .

i tried that coedine over the counter a friendf brought back from canda. bah. its childs play. you get higher off tylenol pm.

i think vicodin is essentially the same thing, it may have slight differences but i've heard doctors use the terms interchangably....wait...let me reference my pill book....ah yes. its the same. actually in addition to about 20 other names it is known as, percocet is another common name.

vicodin is a pain killer that can be taken by nursing moms becsause its molecules are too big to be absorbed or some shit like that .

By Tasha on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 05:31 pm:

oh well you are really fucking cool patrick.. taking drugs.. that's a cool thing to do..
    sorry.. why don't you teach me to be as cool as you are.. motherfucker

By Bigkev on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 06:02 pm:

uhhh, chill out little one.....

if you dont like whats being said, leave.
    or ignore it... and as far as your man.... boy problems go, get in step with reality, tell him how it is, or how its going to be and then get on with living...with or without him....

Seriously, tell him you wanna fuck his brains out, or don't... it really doesn't matter one bit to me..

Patrick, or anyone i suppose.... Is thera-flu still available in the USof A? I had some years ago that worked like a charm... 4x's stronger than any shit here (of the shelf)...??

By patrick on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

yeah its available.

your funny tasha. petulant and funny.

By patrick on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

er you're.

By Rowlf on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 08:52 pm:

is Tasha a "joke poster"?

am I?

what of donut? what?

By Tasha on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

haha no im no joke poster
    by the way.. im with that guy now
    and it's great.. like you all said i should have just told him how i felt .. well i did and now everything is great! :)

By semillama on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

That'll be $1.

By wisper on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 06:47 pm:

$1 each, please.

drive thru

By eri on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 08:25 pm:

Shit, we're worth more than a dollar!

By Rattle2k on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 06:20 am:

Honesty always wins. You will hate yourself forever if you had the chance to tell him how you felt but never did it.

What's the worst that could happen? Life, sometimes feeling unfortunately, still goes on.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact