owwwwwwww my back....my back my back my fucking back

sorabji.com: I need advice: owwwwwwww my back....my back my back my fucking back
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

have you ever had this happen to you?

you're standing there or maybe your sitting. who knows because it appears to be entierly consequential.

and all of a sudden a fracturing pain runs up your back?

i was dropping some film at the lab befoer it opened this morning.

standing there, filling out the form. not doing cartwheels, not lifting anything heavy and all of sudden, i practically fell to my knees.

what
    the
    hell

is it a muscle spasm? thats the only thing i can think of. now its sore. sometimes, when i move a certain way, it tightens up. it almost takes my breath away.

and to top it off, i get in, the coffee machine is broke and i need to go to an ATM which means at least 3 blocks walk. god damn it.

has this happen to you?

dave? this seems like your territory pal.

By Spider on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

This happens to my dad. He did this recently just lifting his leg to step out of the shower. Was immobile for 3 days and finally dragged his ass to the doctor, who just said it was a muscle spasm and gave him some muscle relaxants.

On the other hand, my uncle had been having back spasms for a while, went to the doctor, and found out he's got something wrong with three discs in his spine.

So...could be something, could be nothing, I guess is the moral here.

By patrick on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

mmmmmmm muscle relaxers.

By Antigone on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 02:26 pm:

God is punishing patrick because he's not a Republican.

By patrick on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 02:34 pm:

apparently.

i mean...i could understand if i was dropping of some film of naked chicks with candlesticks in their cooters but its just fashion stuff man.

did whats his face say a "prayer" for me or what?

By eri on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

LOL!!!

I love muscle relaxers. They rock. Patrick, that used to happen to me about maybe 3 times a year with no explanation (I blame it on a car accident in 96). Since I have started doing yoga it has stopped. My back is so much better. Problems I didn't even know I had are gone.

But that's just me.

By Kalli on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:58 pm:

One doesn't "drop off" pics of naked chicks with candlesticks in their coos.

No, Patrick, you develop those yerself.

Err. Or take polaroids if ever the candlestick cooter fairy decides to visit.

As for back spasms? Get a new back.

I get stuff like that once in awhile. Its like my body catches up with me after a couple of days.

By patrick on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

sure you do hon.

A) its a professional lab. they've seen it ALL before

B) its hollywood

C) i don't do my own color work

i bought a digital cam corder with still image capabilities.

im eagerly awaiting to make my second dirty movie.

it has the infared night vision ala the reality Tv confessionals.

im also contemplating making a steady cam helmet for eva. EvaCam.

By patrick on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:45 pm:

ok. im not REALLY contemplating making a steady cam helmet. but it was a god damn funny thought for a minute to have one of those camera mounts on a helmet for her.

By Kalli on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

I took you seriously. That'd actually be pretty cool. Eeeeh. I wonder if there would be a way to put maybe a polaroid attached to a hat..like some sort of rigged gizmo...and a button so she could take pictures....ahhh! seriously..think about it..some thing that would let kids take pictures...

ahh fuck it...

i need a drink.

By semillama on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:59 pm:

you and me both (after my second computer crash of the evening)

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:58 am:

If it's like an electric pain that goes all down your back,and to your butt and leg it's sciantic nerve damage and you may have disc damage to the spine.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

its better.

still sore. but better.

late last night the mrs and i went out for a quick smoke. we sat in the driveway. i laid down.

the concrete driveway couldnt have felt better.i contemplated sleeping on the hardwood floor.

i don't think its nerves...im pretty convinced its muscular. i took some valium with hopes of aid. not much. slept good though.

it will pass. i think it will be ok. its just to the point of annoying now, not so dehabilitating.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 01:19 pm:

You should still have it looked at.

Physical Therepy might help.

Try Aleve for the pain it's pretty good for muscle pains. You can take up to three twice a day. That will give you the equivalent of prescription Naprocin.

By TBone on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:53 pm:

I've had weird isolated instances of this kind of thing.
    I'm usually walking on something harmless like flat, low-pile carpet. Then I step a little funny and ZING!
    I go down in a sort of I've-been-shot-in-the-ass pose.

I inherited a wonky back from my father. Just a touch of scoliosis.

Watcher's right on. I always load up on Neproxin Sodium for my back ailments. My father, on the other hand, has a near-religious attachment to what he calls Motrin but is really Advil.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

well...motrin IS advil. both ibuprofin.

By TBone on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:03 pm:

Yes, but I just find it funny that he always calls it Motrin, but always buys Advil.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:06 pm:

I feel for you, but I'm glad I can't commiserate. (Am I spelling that right? I swear, I can't spell anymore.)

Anyway.

Once in a while I'll get really bad stiff necks and be unable to move my head much, but the lower back seems to be strong and fit. Sometimes I yawn and stretch and arch my back, and then it feels like the muscles on one side kink and I get kinda stuck there, but it all gets worked out within a few minutes.

Of course, my back hurts when I have cramps, but that's different.

By V.v. on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 12:41 am:

I think a lot of this back problems is is because you have spines that are too long,have you noticed the best weight lifters in the world have short spines?You need to lift with your legs,not your backs.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact