yep, he blows

sorabji.com: I need advice: yep, he blows
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 10:55 pm:

hey hey hey.
    Here's our situation. This kid is subletting one of our rooms while our real housemate teaches in Taiwan. He's not so good.
    He's fresh out of highschool, and acting half his age about shit. I won't go into details at this time, but he's from the town directly beside this one, and although he really wanted the room, he only arrives to drink, fuck his girlfriend and leave. We never see him anymore, less than once a week he shows up. He works (i think??), sleeps and does everything else at his parents house.

We thought this was a sweet deal since he's never around to cause trouble or steal our food.
    We were wrong.
    He only has the room for 3 months, and he paid first and last. (i know i talked about this before) And he's splitting the rent with our real housemate, so it's only $140 a month. Anyway, he only had to actually pay rent for ONE month in the middle, and he did it...... no less than 18 days late.
    To pull this off he dissapeared for 2 weeks. Coming and leaving at 4 or 5am just to avoid us, or sitting in his room silent with the lights off.
    Seriously.

There's much more crazy annoyance to this.
    it's quite a story.

So it's his last month in Aug, and the bills have been posted by the door for 2 and a half weeks. We know he's been home because we saw his shoes and saw a light through his window.

Anyway, it's come down to-
    1) we wait and confront him, leave bigger and more threatening notes each day

2) Since he's paid for Aug, we ask for the bill money, and if he tries to pull the "duh, I'm never here why should I pay a full share of bills" line, we say that the money he paid for Aug rent will now go towards already owed unpaid bills and he is to leave immediately. get the fuck out lest my cane find your backside!!!

3) other (serious) options you provide here, in our forum: the People's Court!

hmmmmmmm.

By J on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 01:17 am:

Break your foot up his ass,hard,like you will never have spawn,do it one time for me!

By Nate on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 09:43 am:

hide his shoes.

in a nice shallow grave with the rest of him.

By wisper on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

anyway, i was also thinking i could pull the fuse for his room, thus no electricity till he pays for it.

By BIGKev on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 05:30 pm:

good plan.

change the locks. or, put a lock on his door and dont let him in it until....

or pawn his stuff to pay the bills.... or call his parents (as a last resort, i would say)

on a side note, i wonder why this wasnt put under the 'insane room-mates' thread.

OR, I'll trade you roomies.. I can straighten out a highschool kid no trouble... its the (2) that are my age that i have trouble with.... heh

By Hal on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 05:42 pm:

I saw call his parents.

He's fresh out of HS, so he doesn't know shit obviously. And if his parents harbor at least the concern of "their name" not looking bad. Then they'll take care of it one way or another. Either by paying you, or kicking his ass for you and forcing him to pay. (although, you may catch a snag with this considering he's probably over the age of 18.)

However, I think that if he's spending a good amount of time at his parents house. Then there is probably a decent relationship there, and you can use the parents as your pawns to get what you want.

By wisper on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 06:51 pm:

"i wonder why this wasnt put under the 'insane room-mates' thread"

i know, i'm lazy. All that clicking......

call his parents? that's bad-ass! Rowlf did that to another guy who was living here. It was intense and we got the money with all speed.

permanent housemate #2 really has it in for this kid. It's scray. He has a massive hate-on. Sometimes he phones the house in the middle of the day just for the slightest chance that "Turd" (as he reffers to him) might pick up and he can ask him what the hell his problem is.
    Of course he's either not here or not picking up the phone. He wants to hit him just once, i know it.

At first he blamed it on his age, and demanded a 'No-One Under 21 Ever Again' rule, but the rest of us calmed him down and pointed out that all of us were moved out by 18, and not once pulled this shit. Nick's obviously just a fuck-up.

But #2 has some underlying hatred of the guy, like he's everything he hates rolled into a ball. Now that we've almost agreed on evicting the kid on sight, i'm afraid he may take the whole rest of Aug off work and just sit on the couch with a big stick.... waiting.

and how are your roommates BigKev?
    anyone else?
    things okay, house-wise?

By moonit on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:32 am:

Oh there's the shoes.

Wisper I have Sars in my fridge. I will ask the Pandyr to take a photo tonight and send it to you. Or upload it somewhere & post the link.

By Hal on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:32 am:

I remember when I moved out at 18...

I was a puss wad.

Moved back to the parents place 4 months later, lessons learned. Moved out again to another city no less 5 months later. Been doing fine since.

By moonit on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:43 am:

My first flatmate that wasn't a friend first was a total Single White Female close. Theres nothing worse then coming home and finding she has your haircut and colour, the same style of clothes, and the same shoes.

Wonder what happened to her?

By m on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:43 am:

uh clone.

By wisper on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:09 pm:

damn Hal, that's exactly what he's doing too! moving back with mom n' dad after 3 months. defeated.
    He didn't seem to know how to cook for himself either.

when i moved out i didn't know how to do laundry. I admit it. Then the next year i had to teach my new roommate how to do his.
    Have you ever seen anyone try to use a washing machine by guessing?
    cute.

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:54 pm:

do away with housemates all together?

By BIGKEV on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:56 pm:

"do away with housemates all together?" yes ideally, but not everyone has a soon-to-be mega rich wife...

update, cause it was asked for.. I move out this Friday... took the day off work... me and the GF are going to do it all with my truck... (I'm only going a couple of blocks..) It will take less than 4 hrs... and im putting a stop payment on the last rent cheque.. so i dont have to worry abt it.. im dumping the freezer on the living room floor.. (the stupid ass FILLED it again 3 days ago... I cant figure it out...) I'm cutting the cable off tommorrow... so they'll not be able to sit on the couch from 4-11pm (unless they watch movies or something)...

I have the perfect renters for the new place... one girl (good friend of mine) works the oil patch, and is only home 1 week in 6-8. the other is a fulltime student (friend of my GFs) and she also works at a bar fulltime (6-10hrs, 4-6 days/wk) so the renters are paying my mortage, and taxes... and i can spend my money on fixing shit, and getting new/more stuff!!

AND without anything written, i can throw them out if they piss me off... i also said i would only take cash for rent/bills.. (you know, so less traceable)

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 08:22 pm:

we ditched our last roomate 3 months after we were dating.

we were making $5.25/hour each.

actually, the roomate left.

could you not afford a studio or one bedroom by yourself?

unless the house is just so rockin....but man, i cant imagine sharing the kitchen or bathroom with a roomate.

By eri on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 09:52 pm:

I guess I am a bit of a spoiled brat. I mean, once I graduated high school I had my own one bedroom apartment. It was on my parents ranch so the rent included the utilities and it was cheap. I stayed there until after Spunky and I got married.

So basically I have never had a roommate. Basically cuz I didn't have the guts to try to get out there without the $100 per month apartment. It was easy, and I was lazy. It made it so that I could make ends meet without having to go to section 8 housing after I had Hayley.

I would never go back now. No matter what.

I spent way too long in that place, and I missed out on all kinds of life experience because of it, but my pampered ass never had to deal with roommates.

By wisper on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 07:36 pm:

i wish every day i could just live alone.
    sure, sometimes roommate are fun and their stuff is interesting, but then your cheese gets thrown out, you're fighting for laundry and kitchen time.....
    can't have cats because people are allergic.

*sigh*

So get this. We leave Nick a note that basically says if he doesn't come up with bills by today, he's out. He leaves this long 2-page thing about how he can't afford food and he's staying at a freinds place because they have to feed him and his job placement company only pays him $72 a day and he has to go to welfare to ask for emergancy money. (which i don't think is possible, unless he's already on welfare? Which he isn't. If he was he could have paid long ago.) and it's real weepy and pathetic and i don't know how much of it i can believe.

So we phone him (on his cell phone, i will point out) and tell him that we're very sorry he can't eat but the hydro company doesn't tend to care about that so neither can we. Not on our salaries. So can he get the money or not? He doesn't know. Does he still want to live here? He does. For some reason. I don't understand.

So we say we'll call him back in an hour with our decision. And he goes (this is the kicker right here....) He says (wait for it!!!!) :

"actually, uh, could you call me back tomorrow? I'm kinda busy hangin' with my girlfriend here, having a drink or two....."

oh, sorry to bother you nick! We'll certainly hang on another day to discuss your pending eviction! sorry to harsh your buzz there, dude. Just call us whenever you're done drinking and fucking!
    Cool, totally cool.

but things are looking up. As i type this we're showing the room to his replacement, a minister's kid. I'm sure there will be no fucking around with this guy.
    His dad gave us his business/church card n' everything.

oh boy, a jesus freak living here.
    What a sitcom this is going to be.

By BIGKev on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

well, speaking from experience... just cause the pop is a preach, dont mean the kids an angel.

As a matter of fact, I was occasionaly fucking a preachers daughter for a while way back in 96... And MAN did she get around...

By BIGKev on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 07:56 pm:

but maybe this is the wrong thread for that info... oh well too late..

So what areyou going to/did you do with nicks shit? is it in a heap on the stoop? or in the street being picked over by the homeless?? tell us...

By eri on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 09:03 pm:

I would simply kick his ass out.....his girlfriend is obviously more important than his living arrangements....he made that clear enough..

I have yet to know a PK (preachers kid) who was a good kid. Every single one I have known was either a spoiled premadonna or a slut. I wouldn't be suprised if the premadonnas were sluts, too.

I haven't known a single PK who was actually a half way biblical living kid....they use it against other people, but don't apply it to their own lives.....most I know look on it as early parole for time already served :)

By Rowlf on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 09:53 pm:

Nick promised us the money for tomorrow.

If he comes up with all of it, he's in until the next deadline we set for money, which is the 21st. We can always kick him out then if needed...

If he shows up with like, 20 bucks as a 'down payment' or some shit, he's out. Stun gun. Stretcher. Nap on the lawn. Taxicab. Gone.

The bible kid wisper speaks of isn't really that way. He's a pro team skateboarder who listens to Built to Spill. His dad is a Unitarian minister. No hang-ups there.

His dad is hilarious, they just showed back up to pay first/last months rent, and he taught us about the foliage surrounding our house.

We have milkweed!

By moonit on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:56 am:

Wisper I sent you Sars. Check your mail.

By wisper on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

i saw your can of SARS and i'm scared!
    thank you! :)

yes i spoke too soon, the MK is a cool dude.
    And the United Church is a cool dude too, performing gay marriages n' all.

i was just wishing for a good sitcom.

Nick has 6 hours to get us the money, and counting down....
    Then we deadbolt the door and give him a list of available times he can book to get his shit back.
    I checked, there's nothing we can sell.
    not even a phone or alarm clock.

Don't get me wrong, we're not trying to be so tolerant of his non-paying crap, but we really need the bill money. If we just throw him out we won't get any money.

By Hal on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 08:37 pm:

I'm telling you, every person renting a house, a space, or any kind of arrangement out to people should own a stun gun. And a good one at that.

You never know when you'll need to drop a dumbass rentee.

By eri on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 01:36 pm:

OK, time has passed....what happened? Did'ja get the money, are you kicking him out? What's the deal? Enquiring minds want to know!

By semillama on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 01:58 pm:

I like the method of turning the bad renter's room into a doberman kennel while he's out. It would probably work quite well.

By eri on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 03:53 pm:

That does sound like a good one.

By Spider on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 03:53 pm:

"He has a massive hate-on."

I think I'll use that line.

By J on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 10:17 am:

Did Nick go postal on Whisper and her roomies?

By eri on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 10:59 am:

That's what I am wanting to know.

By dave. on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:38 am:

they still have the power outage thing.

By TBone on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:44 am:

I guess sorabji's either not hosted in NY, or it's hosted at one of those nifty places with the backup power.

By spunky on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 12:10 pm:

it is hosted by GoDaddy.com, which is based in Scottsdale, Arizona

By Rowlf on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:03 pm:

Nick is gone.. he sneaked in during a very small period of time when noone was home, took his shit, and left.

we tried calling his cell phone and noone is picking up.

we tried calling from a different number and he picked up, then quickly hung up.

he's GOOOOONE

so thats good. but we still didnt get any money. if we wish, he was stupid enough to leave in the trash some contact information from his parents (SIN numbers, phone numbers, addresses) so we can go after him, send letters to parents'

there is still fun ahead if we choose it.

By wisper on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:12 pm:

whoooooo!
    hi there!

back from the dark ages, care of my single half-hour portion of internet time at the public library, as a line has formed of people needing to check their email. Our interenet at home is fucked, and may very well stay that way for a while. In case you didn't notice, everything is fucked up around here right now.
    Lesson: Don't support local business, they can't take a power outage. From now on it's only big heartless internet providers for me.

But more about that later. When the librarian isn't timing me.

Yeah, so it would seem that old Nick snuck in to the house and did a pack n' run on us. During the blackout. During a declared State of Fucking Emergency.
    I don't know how much lower you can get.

I will see him in court.

blackout stories later......

By Hal on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

Bah screw the court... Do it the Sopranos way.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact