Hallowe'en help needed

sorabji.com: I need advice: Hallowe'en help needed
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rowlf on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 06:57 pm:

for Hallowe'en I want to be the Pepsi commercial guy in the suit with the Flock of Seagulls haircut.

If anyone is good enough with internet searches to find out how to do it within the next month, please post the link or info here.

I'm trying hard, but so far no luck.

By Bigkev on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 11:52 pm:

lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots
    of aerosol hairspray...

By semillama on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 09:47 am:

For Halloween, my theme is "anomalies" and so far, this is what I have (I want something cheap and easy to make, and comfortable to wear):

1. Kensington Runestone: gray t-shirt with the runes copied onto it in the appropriate spaces.

2. Rain of frogs: white t-shirt with small plastic frogs pinned to it; rain drops drawn on as background.

That's all I have so far.

By Spider on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 09:58 am:

Scuba diver in the middle of the desert? You could use a mechanized diver from a fish tank set...

By Skooter on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 12:03 pm:

I want to get two friends with bib overalls and fake beards and go as the soggy bottom boys.

By eri on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 12:30 pm:

I am not dressing up too much for halloween this year.......I'm just going to be a witch :)

Still trying to figure out my cape and outfit, though.

By Lapis on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 05:20 pm:

I want to be a drag queen. Short tight dress, long nails, overdone makeup and heels. It would be really cool if I could figure out how to get and adam's apple.

By J on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 05:21 pm:

Silly Putty?

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

I just need a friday 13 face mask and a meat cleaver [no other clothing]THAT WOULD SCARE ANY ONE TO DEATH.

By Lapis on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 05:58 pm:

Maybe, it would be a bit shiny. Or a neck mask.

If I can get ahold of some latex...

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

And rubber?

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 06:22 pm:

And wood, nails,screws,cinder blocks,[its going to be some transformation,i can tell]

By Lapis on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 06:39 pm:

Latex is rubber. If I could make a mold of someone's neck it would be the most realistic way to do it.

I'm already tall with large feet and rarely go for full on glamour, so it'll be funny.

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 03:38 pm:

Lapis,do you sculpt,by any chance?i do,and its not bad stuff.,mostly Monks but its still strange,haunting......

By Lapis on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:20 pm:

Not really. I stack junk. I made a cardboard guitar once. Used to work with metal back in middle school though, that was fun.

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:56 pm:

Lapis,allthough artist friends of mine say art is not sculpture and vice versa,i recon this is BULLSHIT,if you are creative,then you are creative in all aspects of art,even if you try painting nude men with body paint,i recon you would be good at it.

By eri on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 08:46 pm:

V.V. I have to agree with you on this one. I think that whatever it is, when it comes to art, Lapis is more talented then even she knows.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 12:33 am:

Aw, shucks.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 05:55 pm:

LAPIS,if you get to put body paint on nude men,you MUST post the pics.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:02 pm:

Not that that's ever crossed my mind, but if I ever I will.

I bought paper and string yesterday. I'm going to begin making my photo albums.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:32 pm:

Lapis,plenty money in wedding photos,you ever consider this?

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:45 pm:

NO.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:48 pm:

Maybe I'd do it as a favor for friends or family, but to do it all the time I'd shit out of my fucking skull.

I'd rather take whatever knowledge of photography I might have and teach others. There's a renatl darkroom in Southeast where they teach classes, something like that would be good.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

NO?WHY NOT?I know people that make 1000 maby 2000 dollers a week at this stuff,but you need to move fast between shoots,and if you fuck up theres hell to pay,part from that,its money for old rope [as we say in Europe]but if you dont want to do that stuff,what do you want to do?

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:08 pm:

If you want to teach you need to draw on your own experiance,i have been a collage tutor myself,and i allways found it handy to give examples of my success or lack of it in the real world,as it were.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:09 pm:

Art. Journalism maybe. If I learn more, I could teach others.

I don't take pictures well on demand. I have to see it before I press the shutter button.

I couldn't take people's money and then take a bunch of pictures of them sitting and standing and looking happy as a regular thing. Maybe if they wanted a different view than normal, slightly candid or acted out, funny pictures.

I just don't see how fun and exciting it would be to take pictures of weddings all the time, day in day out. It would be a lot of work and I don't see it as something I'd particularly enjoy doing over and over and over.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:11 pm:

Lapis,your opinion?

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

Lapis,o.k.lets put it this way,if a student asks for your personal opinion,in the field,something from YOUR experiance,do you have enough background expertise to solve the problem?

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:23 pm:

Techniques. Composition.

Photography is about composition, I believe. I've learned tons about personal compositional preferences by developing roll after roll of film taken literally all over the world: Syria, France, Mexico, Africa. Many many obviously pictues of fond memories but poorly composed. if people only knew how to see right their pictures would be so much better.

I take photographs because I enjoy taking them. I will be showing them because they are meant to be seen as well, I can't hide them away forever. If I came full circle and taught others how to take good pictures then it would be a good thing for everyone, subjects, photographers and developers. Photography should be a joy!

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:23 pm:

Not yet, but I'm constantly learning new things.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 08:19 pm:

Lapis,from your confident outlook,i recon you will do very well in life,just keep right on.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 07:17 pm:

Lapis,im soon getting into computer download photos,hope to post pics soon.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 07:24 pm:

Lapis,i think the first stuff im posting is going to be my oil paintings,put on to sweat shirts,and sold on e-bay,i think theres going to be a big demand for this way out stuff.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 08:07 pm:

LAPIS,the nearist i can get to a discription of my oil paintings is h.r.Giger of Alian [the movie] he is an amazing artist,and i think he lives in Germany.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 08:20 pm:

Lapis,i only do oil painting in black and white,it cuts a lot of corners regarding colour balance,yet still looks amazing.

By jack on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 03:55 pm:

enough about the stupid paintings!

what is everyone doing for halloween?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:09 pm:

Jack, I am going to paint v's car as a orange color pumpkin.

By jack on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:46 pm:

GRRRRR-E-A-T!

and what else will you do?

paint your own car?
    clown up the local kids?
    pray?
    eat a bag of fuck?
    deface your own vehicle?

do tell.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 01:03 am:

no, maybe throw the eggs at people's car as a halloween prank.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact