Math word problems that I totally suck at........

sorabji.com: I need advice: Math word problems that I totally suck at........
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:12 pm:

If anyone is bored or just likes math problems, Kim was given an extra credit work sheet today that is due tomorrow (Friday) and I am horrible at word problems...answers would be appreciated!!

1. Jill, Joe, and Tanya each got different grades in math class. None of them earned less than a C. Jill's grade was better than Tanya's. Joe did not do as well as Tanya. What grade did each student receive?

2. Jane's aquarium contains goldfish, turtles, and snails. There are 16 legs, 10 shells, and 36 eyes in the aquarium. How many creatures of each type are there in the aquarium? (hint: snails have 1 shell and 1 leg)

3. You have boxes that will hold 1 candy bar, 3 candy bars, 9 candy bars, and 27 candy bars. If each box must be packed full, what is the fewest number of boxes you need to hold 377 candy bars?

4. E.J. went to the mall. She picked out some blue jean shorts for $24.59, an Esher T-shirt for $17.50, and some sandals for $11.99. How much tax must she pay for all the items if the sales tax is 6%?

5. E.J. asks her Mom for the money to pay for the clothes, shoes, and the taxes on them. To the nearest $5, how much money should she ask her Mom for to cover all her purchases?

6. In Miami, it rained 71 out of the 92 days of the summer. Given this information only, what is the probability that it rained on July 4th?

7. The ratio of boys to girls in our math class is 5 to 7. If there are 6 more girls than boys in our class, how many students total are there in our math class?

8. Richard and Fidel took a trip together. While they traveled, each of them recorded he spent for expenses. When they arrived home, they agreed to share the expense equally. Which one owes the other and how much does he owe?

Richard spent: $73.42 on gas and $67.24 on motel rooms.

Fidel spent: $41.76 on tickets and $102.50 on food

I think I may have got a couple right but who knows..

thanks for any help!

By heather on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:21 pm:

god yeah

don't let kim get her little hands on these

diabolical

By jack on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:23 pm:

i have to be somewhere now but:

-------1. Jill, Joe, and Tanya each got different grades in math class. None of them earned less than a C.
    -----------------

Three different grades, none less than C.
    So you have an A, a B, and a C.
    ------------
    Jill's grade was better than Tanya's. Joe did not do as well as Tanya. What grade did each student receive?
    ---------

Tanya is the middle grade if one person did better and one did worse. So Tanya = B.
    Jill did better. Jill = A.
    Joe didn't do as well: Joe = C.

Jill = A
    Tanya = B
    Joe = C

By kazu on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:25 pm:

I love math problems.

I am going to answer all of them.

But no way am I going to help anyone's daughter
    cheat at their homework.

How tacky.

By semillama on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:32 pm:

yeah. isn't the point of homework for the student to figure out the problems?

I mean, unless you were just trying to figure them out yourself for fun.

But if not, then how is this any different then downloading term papers?

Really shitty.

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:45 pm:

Wow, once again you girls have jumped to the wrong conclusion...if you had bothered to actually READ what I wrote instead shooting off your ignorant mouths, you would noticed that I wrote that the work sheet is EXTRA CREDIT...She does not HAVE to do it. It is NOT a required assignment.

Tacky is always trying to show off and be a big shot...once again girls you have failed to be either one.

It is NOT homework and my Daughter or myself do not cheat on her school work.

You my dear are the tacky one, as always.

Heather, as always, fuck off.

Nevermind.

Thank you Jack for your help.

By kazu on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:48 pm:

Required, extra credit or not, I don't care, if she doesn't
    do the work herself and gets extra credit, it's cheating.

It's not fair for those who EARN their extra credit
    by themselves.

By hetaher on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:49 pm:

jesus dani,

your failure to comprehend is staggering.

my level of tacky is of little relevance and i'm not likely to be
    doing any sort of fucking until saturday. thanks though.

By kazu on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:52 pm:

what's happening on saturday?

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:53 pm:

Kim did numbers 1, 4, 5,7, 8...she got number 1 right according to Jack, she got $3.24 for number 4, she got $55 for number 5, she got 18 for number 7, and she got Richard owes Fidel $3.60 for number 8

It was supposed to be all in fun and I just wanted to see if Kim was right on the ones she did. But of course you all ruined a perfectly innocent thing.

And being that it's EXTRA CREDIT, it don't really matter if they are right or wrong.

How sad you all are.
    Just forget that I even posted.

By kazu on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 05:58 pm:

You could have made that clear. That you wanted help
    to check the answers, instead of making it look like
    you just wanted answers so that Kim could get extra
    credit.

So, if she gets them wrong, does she still get extra
    credit? That's wierd.

So, yeah. forget it.

By semillama on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:01 pm:

I think that Dani means that it doesn't matter to her whether her daughter gets them right or wrong, it's ok with her to cheat because it's "extra credit".

That's the sad part of all this.

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:05 pm:

I did make it perfectly clear that is was EXTRA CREDIT..I didn't feel the need to say which ones she did and did not do. It really does not matter.
    And yes, each student who hands in the EXTRA CREDIT work sheet gets a coupon for a free personal pan pizza at pizza hut...whether the answers are right or wrong.
    Like I said, it was supposed to be just for fun.

By kazu on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:10 pm:

You didn't say fun or pizza in the first post. I thought
    it was extra credit, like extra points on her grade.

Now I want pizza. I could get free pizza if I went to
    a council meeting on campus but I'm feeling lazy
    and my face is filling up with crusty nosegoblins.
    Maybe I'll just eat those instead.

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:13 pm:

Do you ever not talk out of your ass Sem? You have no idea what I did or did not mean. You guys are always so negative about everything. Kim is not going to get a grade on this work sheet...right or wrong, she'll get a coupon for a free pizza...big deal. I was just curious to see if she got the ones she did right. I totally suck at math word problems so I have no idea if they are right or wrong.
    So for fun, I posted it here and as usual, you all made it into something sick and ugly.

Misery loves company so you all make a great team.

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:20 pm:

It does not matter whether the work sheet was for a grade, a pizza, or even a piece of the dried up snot off your face Kazu, instead of posting the bullshit that you all have posted, maybe saying nothing at all would have been more classy and less TACKY?

By kazu on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:22 pm:

But that's no fun.

I am getting pizza for dinner.

And ice-cream if they have anything good available.

nunavut

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:35 pm:

Your no fun. Maybe you should try and be more friendly and nice instead of so tacky all the time.

I learned when I started posting here in like 1997-1998 that being an asshole here is not going to get you anywhere.

But by being a little nicer, I realized that there are some really nice people here. Excluding Heather of course.

I feel for the poor idiot that goes anywhere near her on Saturday. Poor guy/girl. Whatever she's into these days. One never knows.

By semillama on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:43 pm:

You are so completly out of the loop about who is nice here and who is not, it's amazing.

You said it was extra credit. Usually, extra credit counts towards improving a students grade. Then you asked for answers. You did not say she already did them. You did not say that the extra credit would not affect your child's grade.

How else could that be interpreted but as you asking for help in improving your kid's grade without her doing the work herself?

How is that "tacky" anyway? Unless having a well developed sense of ethics is in bad taste.

And as for talking out of asses, you better floss better, Dani, because there's still some toilet paper stuck in your teeth.

By jack on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 06:45 pm:

err...for the record, i had the impression that dani was asking for help for dani to check the answers. i didn't think i was helping some kid cheat at homework.

but as long as i'm corrupting the kid and undermining our fine educational system:

#4 sounds OK...she's very close on #5, but she might want to think about it again.

she seems to have made an error on #7. i think her methods were correct, though, so she should be able to figure it out.

gold star for #8.

hm. pizza.

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

You are exactly right Jack...I was not asking for anyone to help my Daughter "cheat."
    I didn't feel the need to go into complete and total detail about why I was asking for help and for what reasons and what the rewards were.
    You saw that I asked for help and you were nice enough to offer some and I thank you for that. Your nice in my book Jack.

Here is my example of a nice person Sem...someone who has nice things to say and is not always shitty to people. Someone who offers to help someone who asks for help...like Jack with the EXTRA CREDIT work sheet and Dave who helps me with my computer problems and never said anything shitty about it.

And Dougie who I have had a few very nice conversations with. Also CZ and J who I have had some nice conversations with. And of course Jim who just loves everyone and is kind to everyone all the time. Hell, even Agatha and I have had some nice things to say to each other. Daniel is a total nice guy with nothing but nice and friendly things to say.

Those are people I consider nice. They are the kind of people that these boards need more of.

The people that always have nasty, mean, cruel, hurtful, and spiteful things to say over and over again for the last 7 years like a worn out hooker or a broken record are the people I consider NOT nice...

It's really quite simple...why be a total asshole all the time when being decent to someone is so much nicer?

And since when are you the master at determining what extra credit means Sem? It could mean alot of things...just because YOU assumed that it meant one thing makes you automatically right? Think again genious.

"And as for talking out of asses, you better floss better, Dani, because there's still some toilet paper stuck in your teeth. "

That's the most brilliant, intelligent thing that anyone has ever said to me...

By eri on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

Ohhhhhh, some things just never change around here........ or is it that some people never change around here? I dunno, the nosegoblins are throwing a fucking rave in my sinuses right now and thinking just adds to the pain.

By heather on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 07:29 pm:

i am not nice.

being nice is false shallow bullshit.

way to try to insult the gays, dani.
    maybe he/she will say something here. that would be keen.

i would ignore your cou rouge-détritus blanc posts but then i
    wouldn't get to exercise the funny grey parts of my silly little
    heart.

By jack on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 07:40 pm:

hey, don't call me nice on a public board! that will undermine all my shitty and mean comments! damn.

i know you didn't mean anything by it, though. no offense taken.

that dave guy--now, he's nice.

By jack on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 07:58 pm:

haha heaterh

the bière de ruban bleu remains popular. also, inexplicably, the chapeau de camionneur.

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:05 pm:

Damn Heather, do you read ANYTHING in full??? Insulting GAYS??????????? Where the hell did you pull that one out of????? Did you not notice what I said about my very favorite gay friend JIM in my last post???????? I don't give a shit if you like to fuck gorillas or rhinos or men or women or anything in between...nice try at making me look anti-gay but you've just made a complete idiot out of yourself...as always.

I'm SURE he/she WILL say something here and I could care less Heather. You are totally out of your mind making crazy shit up as you go along.

Niclole Kidman.........HA!!!!!!! Your dreaming Sister, go back to sleep..your imagination needs a rest.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:28 pm:

Nice is when someone has a bit of perspective and can see when their communication isn't quite clear without being so fucking defensive and doesn't take shit so personally.

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:31 pm:

very NICELY said...

By patrck on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:37 pm:

jesus dani, foam at the mouth much?

jack chopped some dead trees in his orchard today. heather stole apples off 8 healthy trees. jack chopped down less trees than heather stole from. he now has a total of 15 trees. how many of the remaining trees are firmly placed up dani's ass?

By patrick on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:38 pm:

density dani

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:45 pm:

Unique Patty

By heather on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:48 pm:

Main Entry: nice
    Pronunciation: 'nIs
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): nic·er; nic·est

Etymology: Middle English, foolish, wanton, from Old French,
    from Latin nescius ignorant, from nescire not to know

By patrick on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:48 pm:

theres that sharp wit again.

fuck. im going home.

By mary mandolin on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:52 pm:

stop scratching your belly basket

By Dani on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 08:54 pm:

Drive home safely, Patty. Those damn dead trees laying in the road that fell out of my asshole could sure cause a deadly accident.

Not at all impressed Heather. Remember the old worn out hooker and the broken record I mentioned earlier? Get a hint......

By Nate on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 10:43 pm:

there'll be fog on the shore tonight, bosun. hm?

By Kazu on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 10:52 pm:

what's wrong mr. finger do you not like my mouth
    words?

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:38 am:

Up sheets! Hands to the jears! Tops'l clewlines! Clap on the lifts! Lower away cheerly! Look alive, there!

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 01:41 am:

thank you, nicest dani. you are very appreciated. i value your input here.

every so often i wonder if i am, in fact, WT. dani, you give me perspective.

ps. heather's NK resemblance is actual. sad but true, though i hear NK is taller. and probably nicer. though i've heard conflicting reports in the daily rags i so hungrily consume.

and speaking of NK, and where she was once wont to wander; tom cruise memories, tighty whitey packages sooo sublime.

soooooo sublime.

my lips lick themselves. o, to shuffle his coil onto oral applications. to clear one's throat to make way for a gravy hose unafraid; dna tonsil spray

mmm. tommy. thomas. tom.

By jack on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 02:22 am:

there's clearly some water under the bridge here.
    i can't claim knowledge of these issues, although i've read most of the threads on these boards.

i applaud a parent who can admit to needing help with a child's education and ask for it. it is all too rare. most of you know this.

i had the (perhaps mistaken) impression that dani was taking some responsibility for/interest in her daughter's education and requesting some help by starting this thread.

perhaps i misunderstand dani's intentions. my first response was structured so as to give her a method to help her kid toward the solution.

obviously i don't approve of feeding kids answers.

but yes: what tiggy said, which dani seemed to accept.

avast, ye landlubbers.

further, nunavut.

argonaut, percolator, tropicalismo.

By The idiot king on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:44 am:

heather will be doing me for the better part of the morning on
    saturday. then, we'll have a bit of lunch. sex for a few more
    hours. a quiet dinner... sex. sex. sex.

*biting into a purloined apple*

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:01 am:

well that is either true or creepy.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:01 am:

better you than me, idiot king. The last time I checked, which was LONG time ago, Nate was her Idiot King of the month. I sure hope that has changed.

I have no idea who WT is Nate nate but I've see photos and there is no NK to be seen ANYWHERE in that "woman" Heather. You do not value my input here Nate. You do not think I am nice Nate...maybe you thought I was nice when we spoke on the phone a few times but that was many years ago...when YOU were nice. And you had a nice singing voice. You do not think I am appreciated Nate. I really dont need/want to be appreciated here, or thought of as nice, or valued here. That's not what I'm looking for when I post here. So, instead of jumping to conclusions and just assuming that your post about me was meant to be sarcastic, I'll simply be NICE and say thank you Nate.

Well Jack, I am very involved in Kim's education. I always have been. Even in my most wildest of times, Kim's education always came first. Her grades prove that. You were not (perhaps mistaken).
    When you said that some of the answers that Kim got on the work sheet were wrong, we sat down and fixed the answers. Whether they were right or wrong, she'll still get her little pizza hut coupon.
    Like I've said several times now, I started this thread just for fun. And the usual know it alls turned it into something sick and ugly. That's how it goes here. Every once in while, on very rare occasions, I'll post something here and there won't be any nasty replies. A few months ago when my dog has a 1/4 inch of his dick cut off, I posted my concerns and worries here.Some of the People here were nice and wished me and my dog good luck. That's what normal people do.
    When I posted the questions about the work sheet, they were there normal stupid and ugly selves. No big deal really but not everything has to made into this big fuckin' deal.
    When Patty's Marriage was in trouble, I posted best wishes for him and his future...even gave him some advise from a womans point of view. Thats what normal people do.
    If I wanted to cheat on my Daughters work sheet, I would have faxed it to my Mother-in-law, my Mother, My Sister, My Brother-in-law, etc...etc.. and got all the answers exactly right. I posted here just for the FUN of it. Just to see what you guys came up with as compared to what Kim came up with. It's as simple as that.
    I did however learn something new from Sem...I didn't know a person could download a term paper off the internet...I sure hope it helped you throughout your school years.

ps: NK has more beauty and class in her big toe than Heather has anywhere on her entire body...but nice try.

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:06 am:

no, dani, i stand by what i said. you are quite nice, in the full, glorious, shakespearean sense of the word. nothing you say now can change that. certainly, what you say now only supports what i believe.

nicey nice nice.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:07 am:

Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:14 am:

I actually am quite nice...even years ago when I was a total asshole here, I eventually considered the fact that the people I was always an asshole to were real people and had real lives...just like me. So instead of being an asshole and babbling off mean and nasty shit, I tried being nice and I found that there are really nice people here. And yes Sem, I'm very aware of who the nice people are. People just like me with families, and jobs, and sometimes normal every day problems.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:29 am:

i'd take heather's brilliance over NK's beauty and class
    any day.

i am not a real person. i do not have a real life.

i prefer my inner world to the bubble of pretension in
    in which I play out my material existence

being nice is neither required nor necessarily desired
    in either place.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:59 am:

I keep thinking of The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with all this talk about "nice."

I'm not nice, but I try to be polite, when I remember. Sometimes.
    Dani doesn't really need to keep stating her original intentions over and over. We get it. If she had been clear from the start, this wouldn't have been an issue. But it didn't need to get so snarky in here. It was just a misunderstanding, that one corrected, needn't have turned into such a spat.

I'm completely out of touch with the real world, and I prefer it that way. I suspect that I'm actually a computer simulation.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:18 pm:

I didn't have to make anything clear!! If no one wanted anything to do with the help I asked for, then no one should answered with shitty replies. Period. Plain and simple. If you all got it, then this entire conversation would be over. But apparently even after I have stated my original intentions, it still keeps going on and on and on.
    Everything here always gets "snarky" which always turns into a "spat." I'm sure you have seen that througout your many years of posting T-bone.

If I started a thread about a snotty sort of paste that continues to grow on my face like Kazu, would I have to explain the color, amount, and texture of the snot? NO, because it wouldn't matter.

If I started a thread about my dogs anal glands having to be popped, would I have to explain the technique used, the color of the liquid that came out of the glands, or the God awful smell of that liquid? NO, because it wouldn't matter.

If I started a thread about my periods being extremly heavy lately, would I have to explain the size of the chunks and the exact amount of blood loss that occurs each month? NO...because it wouldn't matter.

Not everything HAS to have every little itty bitty detail for you all to knit pick over.

Get it NOW???

Just to expalin it a little simpler, I was indeed clear from the start...what part of I NEED HELP WITH SOME MATH PROBLEMS is not clear????? Because I didn't feel the need to write 25 paragraphs on the reasons I needed help?? Please, stop already. This is rediculous.

By Gee on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:25 pm:

(1) I also assumed that Dani was trying to help her child cheat, but didn't really care because I don't always think cheating is a bad thing. really, it's not all black and white.

(2) bring an asshole around here will get you mad props and a cool reputation, as long as you are an asshole to the right people (ie. V, Dodi, new people, etc.)

(3) bragging about how much sex you're going to be having is a little tacky, as well. on the other hand, yay for lots of sexy sex!

(4) Kazu is nice. nice in the most heartfelt sense of the word. do you understand what I mean when I say she's a Good Person?

(5) who cares what I think anyway!?

By dave. on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:30 pm:

i'm siding with dani on this one. except for daring to start this thread, she's innocent.

why is this place so hormonal?

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:30 pm:

thanksgee

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:36 pm:

i'll admit i got unnecessarily snarky, but i honestly
    thought she was trying to get the answers so her
    daughter wouldn't have to do the work. As a teacher,
    I take cheating seriously and when I give extra credit
    it's with the assumption that it will be treated the same
    as any homework assignment except that it isn't required
    and that completion will add credit to a student's grade.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 01:07 pm:

The assuming and the thinking the worst all the time is how all this stupid arguing starts.
    I dared to start this thread because the other bulletin boards that I posted the questions on were more than happy to help. It was indeed stupid of me to think that you people would ever consider being helpful in any way.

Thank you for seeing my point Dave...you turned out to be an awesome dude. And not just because you help me with computer things or see certain things my way. I like the fact that you see things for what they are. Not always bad, sick, and ugly.

You did not "honestly" think that I was helping my Daughter cheat Kazu..you ASSUMED. If you would have "honestly" thought at all, you would asked me what my reasons were for asking for help instead of just jumping on the ignorant band wagon. Your a teacher??? Wow.

There is alot of tacky people here Gee..including myself at times.
    But Dave was right, I was totally innocent this time.
    Anyhoo, just for the hell of it, we ended up getting 7 out of the 8 questions....here is what we came up with. Oh, and thanks to Jack's help, we were able to re-think some of the original answers that were wrong. Not that is matters but why not finish the thread I started.

#1. Jill-A Tanya-B Joe-C
    #2. Forget it, I gave up on that one.
    #3. 19 boxes
    #4. $3.24
    #5. $60
    #6. 75% probability
    #7. 36 kids
    #8. Fidel owes Richard $3.60

Whether they are right or wrong, Kim will still get a nice little boost of confidence with her little pizza hut coupon.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 01:08 pm:

WAIT...Richard owes Fidel the $3.60..I typed it worng.

By jack on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 01:10 pm:

nice job. i'm glad you re-did the ones i indicated and i'm glad you're so involved with your child's education.

i would say more but i am going to go have sex now.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 01:13 pm:

Thanks alot Jack..I HONESTLY appreciated your help.

Rock on with the sex. The more the better.

By Gee on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 01:16 pm:

how tacky.

sexy tacky!

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 02:00 pm:

All communication involves assumptions. Anything not explicitly stated must be assumed by the receiving party. Without assumptions communicating the simplest of concepts would be like reading law. Worse, even.

But nevermind.

2 Turtles, 8 Snails, 8 Goldfish.

Turtles have 1 shell, 4 legs, 2 eyes.
    Snails have 1 shell, 1 leg, 2 eyes.
    Fish have no shell, no legs, 2 eyes.

Shells:
    2+8+0=10

Legs:
    (2*4)+(8)+0=16

Eyes:
    (2*2)+(8*2)+(8*2)=36

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 02:11 pm:

my assumption was honest even if it was presumptuous,
    and I didn't ask for clarification because i didn't care, it
    was more important that i share my concerns about going
    on the internets to cheat than finding out what was really
    going on. i don't care about looking ignorant from time to
    time. we all have our moments.

Yes, I am a teacher. And a pretty good one at that. I'll
    take your shock as a compliment seeing as you know
    little about how I act with my students which, I assure
    everyone, is different from how I act around here.
    Though sometimes that is a bad thing as I am generally
    more articulate when I can write and read over responses.

As for being hormonal. I need to get my snark on from
    time to time.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 02:16 pm:

I'm wearing my snark right now.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 02:20 pm:

tacky sexy snarky.snarky sexy tact. sexy tacky snark
    snarksnarksnark

sexy

snarky

tacky

all those words look wrong now.

By semillama on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 02:23 pm:

Giovanni Belzoni, the explorer of Egypt and its antiquities, died of dysentery on this date in 1823 in Guinea, after attempting to travel to Timbuctu. He was born in 1778, the 14th child of a poor barber in Padua. Before becoming a famous traveller he was a barber, a Capuchin monk, circus strongman and magician: in Cork in 1812, he promised to cut a man's head off and put it back on again, but never quite got round to it. His love of writing graffiti on monuments led to the grandeur of Egyptian antiquities being marred by Belzoni writ large upon them.

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 02:28 pm:

belzoni is the county seat of humphreys county, mississippi. the per capita income of belzoni is about $13K.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:08 pm:

Yes T-bone, you are 100% correct! I e-mailed Kim's teacher and told her that we could not get that problem and she e-mailed me back with the answer. Thank you for helping though T-bone.

I could care less about you being a teacher or your teaching skills for that matter Kazu. BUT, I will say this...being a teacher, you perhaps could have noticed that a parent asking for help with their childs school work is a very positive thing. As a teacher, how many of your students parents are involved with their kids school work? I'd be willing to bet not many. Parents simply dont care anymore. When I'm at Kim's school volenteering with the reading groups, there are very few parents to be found. All of Kim's teachers have told me how sad it is that most parents simply dont care. I do care. Alot.

"my assumption was honest even if it was presumptuous,
    and I didn't ask for clarification because i didn't care"

Oh really?? well you sure cared enough to be an asshole about it and run that big mouth didnt you? If you didnt care, you would have said nothing at all.

I sure hope you dont lash out at your students parents when they ask you for help.

Anger management really works.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:17 pm:

When I e-mailed the teacher this morning asking her about that problem we couldnt figure out, I asked her how many kids handed in the EXTRA CREDIT worksheet....7 out 24.

very very sad.

By heather on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:27 pm:

whoa.

like. whoa.

first. true. i asked that idiot king answer kazu and it was damn
    funny at 2 in the morning.

next. what the hell is your obsession with the nk thing, dani?
    others have addressed this for me a number of times, indicating
    that i have no interest in looking like anyone else. here's the
    thing: at least once a week, sometimes more often, a stranger
    comes up to me and says 'has anyone ever told you that you
    look like nk?'
    i'm sorry if this bothers you, it bothers me as well.
    it is a joke among my friends and family.

third: yes i am of the girl variety.

more: [i won't speak to things nate related]

fourth: comparing patrick's woes with asking for extra credit
    assistance. this might be crossing the line into tacky, but don't
    ask me i don't seem to know the difference.

also! kazu called me brilliant!
    *blushing happy dance*

the end: sexy tacky is the new monkey.
    fun monkey! monkey of fun!

By semillama on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:35 pm:

BELZONI

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:38 pm:

Any obsession that you think I have with anything relating to you is just your brilliant little imagination working over time again.

Get over yourself.

I did not compare anything to Patrick or anyone else for that matter. I was making a statement that a little kindness and caring around here would be nice. You and Patty can suck each others asses 'till the cows home home. I don't give a shit what or who you DO. That's your business, not mine.

I dont care if your of the reptile variety....knock yourself out little girl.
    I think the whole NK thing is hysterical actually because it is as far from the truth as being funny at 2:00am was....NOT at all.

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:42 pm:

"I think the whole NK thing is hysterical actually because it is as far from the truth as being funny at 2:00am was....NOT at all."

so you agree...? i think? it is NOT at all far from the truth? very nice of you to be man enough to say so.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:42 pm:

I didn't care about getting clarification, I care about
    being an obnoxious snarky bitch from time to
    time.

I highly doubt any of my student's parents are
    actively involved in their school work since most
    only see them twice a semester on breaks. When my
    students need help they come to me. For a good deal
    of my students at the previous university I taught at,
    being a freshman in college mean that they had already
    exceeded their parents in terms of education levels.
    Parents aren't generally a concern of mine since my
    students are all adults.

I did have one parent e-mail and thank me for treating
    her daughter like a human being and that none of her
    other professors had done so. And I didn't think I had
    done anything exceptional.

I'm not angry. I'm obnoxious. And as I said, I conduct
    myself very differently with my students than I do when
    I post here.

Thanks for having idiot king post hetaher, is s/he
    going to come back? will i ever get *the story*?
    you got to hear all about me back in the day.

peasepuddinghotpeasepuddingcoldpeasepudding
    inthepotninedaysold

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:47 pm:

I've dealt with cheating students. I had to sit through
    a disciplinary hearing for one student who turned in
    two papers he got off the internets. That was shits and
    giggles i tell you what.

By patrick on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:56 pm:

hey heather, the NK thing....you DO realize you could respond in any manner and you will be advised to get over yourself, irregardless? because, you know, its all about talking at you not with you. i mean, we all know what a vain, crazy self-centered bitch you are who likes to capitalize on the celeb-status of others to prop your own ego up,so you know its ok. its ok if you dont want to get over yourself. the every-brilliant dani will just have to deal.

As much as I'd like contemplate sucking ass, I probably should get back to getting over MY self.

bitches.

By patrick on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 04:56 pm:

hey heather, the NK thing....you DO realize you could respond in any manner and you will be advised to get over yourself, irregardless? because, you know, its all about talking at you not with you. i mean, we all know what a vain, crazy self-centered bitch you are who likes to capitalize on the celeb-status of others to prop your own ego up,so you know its ok. its ok if you dont want to get over yourself. the every-brilliant dani will just have to deal.

As much as I'd like contemplate sucking ass, I probably should get back to getting over MY self.

bitches.

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:05 pm:

bitches.

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:05 pm:

bitches.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:09 pm:

Ohhhh I see....so you dont even teach children..

that explains your not understanding when a parent of a CHILD asks for help.

Have you ever been a middle school teacher or a teacher of any kind that teaches children or did you just figure that all children and their parents are cheaters?

The NOT at all was for the stupid 2:00am post...as in NOT at all funny. I thought for sure you would be a smart enough "man" to figure that one out Nate.

How nice of you to notice that I simply typed it wrong Nate. Your a real nice, smart man.

You have alot to learn about "being an obnoxious snarky bitch from time to
    time" Kazu. It's not working for you.
    Practice makes perfect though, keep trying.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:15 pm:

bitter

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:17 pm:

It's obviously working if you keep responding.

I don't think all parents and children are cheaters,
    I just thought you were. In the past you've demonstrated
    wanting to get shit the easy way, such as downloading
    movies off the internets instead of seeing them in the
    theatre or waiting until they come out on DVD. Do I think
    that downloading media stuffs off the internets is the same
    thing as cheating on school work? Not at all, I just wouldn't
    put it past you. Just as I'd expect you wouldn't put it
    past me to make rude assumptions and run my big
    mouth of for no reason at all.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:17 pm:

There's that "sharp wit" again. Good ole Patty.

By Gee on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:20 pm:

this thread is fun.

feels like old times around here.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:20 pm:

And I tutored children (grade, middle, and high
    school)a few years ago. Lots of parents were highly
    concerned and asked how they could help their
    students. Only one time did I ever hear of a parent
    trying to cheat by offering one of the instructors money
    to write the student's college essays for him.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:24 pm:

Once again, when you were digging up old posts looking for something to say, you didn't notice that I actually PAY to download movies and music.

I'll post my receipt of payment for 1 year to Kazaa just for you Kazu...because you are sooooooooo smart and failed to read posts in full:

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:01:50 +0000 (UTC)

This is your Proof of Purchase number: (personal)
    You will need your Proof of Purchase number to:
    Access the Customer Support centre at www.kazaaplus.com should you have any technical problems when using Kazaa Plus.
    Upgrade to new versions of Kazaa Plus as they become available over the next 12 months.
    It is very important that you keep a record of this number. You should:
    Print a copy of this confirmation page
    Write down your Proof of Purchase number somewhere safe.
    Click the NEXT button to license/unlock your copy of Kazaa Plus.

Dear danette,

Thank you for purchasing 'Kazaa Plus' Version 2.6.2
    Your 'Proof Of Purchase' number is: (personal)
    Please keep your 'Proof Of Purchase' number in a safe place as you will
    need it to run Kazaa Plus and also to upgrade Kazaa Plus
    over the next 12 months.

You will need to use this email address (the address entered when you
    purchased Kazaa Plus), and your 'Proof of Purchase' number in order to
    contact Kazaa Plus Customer Support at
    http://www.kazaaplus.com/customer.php

As a valued Kazaa Plus customer you are entitled to a special offer
    from BullGuard - the most advanced P2P virus protection available on
    the market. BullGuard offers a complete anti-virus, firewall and backup
    solution giving you professional protection for your computer.
    To find out more please visit
    https://www.bullguard.com/kazaaplusoffer5446755.aspx

Thank you for your support,

The Kazaa Plus Team

and you were saying Kazu?

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:30 pm:

Ya know Gee, it used to be fun. The old times used to be fun but maybe that I'm older now, it just aint fun for me anymore. I'm now 35 years old and the fighting and arguing is just so uncalled for.

Guess I'm just an old party pooper. With lots of dead trees and apples up my asshole.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:31 pm:

I stand corrected.

I wasn't digging up old posts, I just happened to
    remember the time you asked dave. for help.

Since you have demonstrated the strength of your
    integrity with respect to on-line information exchange,
    I will cease to make any more assumptions based on
    your lack of consumer ethics and make them solely on
    the fact that you have the most interesting case of
    perpetual (to say nothin of pathological)
    gottagetthelastworditis

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:39 pm:

Paying for kazaa doesn't make stealing movies ok. Not that I care. I steal movies and use free software. A lot. But I buy the ones I really like. Anyway, paying for software that you use to steal movies proves nothing.

I hope you weren't under the impression that paying Kazaa somehow made it legal. Or has this somehow changed recently?

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:39 pm:

Naaa, having the last word has nothing to do with it. I'm just bored the last couple of days. I am taking some time off until after the holidays so I can deal with all the family arriving, holiday shopping, doctor appts., etc....etc....I have totally over done it the last couple of years with work so I'm just going to relax for a while.

I remember when I asked Dave for help...I never thought in a million years that he would actually help me because I was such an asshole to him for years. But, he nicely agreed to help me and his help not only worked, it was greatly appreciated. He very well could have been an asshole to me but he decided to be a nice, decent man and help me.

Humanity is beautiful. Kindness is beautiful. You should try it sometime. It works for me.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:42 pm:

Yes t-bone, when you pay to download movies and music, it is 100% legal. It is not at all stealing or cheating. That's why I paid.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:45 pm:

No, you are paying Kazaa, not the people who made the music and movies. Read Kazaa's site very carefully. (Like you keep blasting Kazu for not doing.)

It says HAVING Kazaa is 100% Legal. This is true. Bug having and using are two different things. They say you can share self-published material and public domain media. They never say that it's legal to download copyrighted material. It's not.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:46 pm:

If you paid me for copies I made of Forrest Gump, it wouldn't be legal because we don't have the right to copy it. Same deal with Kazaa.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:48 pm:

"In the past you've demonstrated
    wanting to get shit the easy way, such as downloading
    movies off the internets instead of seeing them in the
    theatre or waiting until they come out on DVD".

EASY? Have you ever downloaded a movie and burned it Kazu? It's a major time consuming pain in the ass. The easy way out would be to just go to the movies.
    But I prefer being at home watching a movie. So I pay and do it the hard way so I can be in the privacy of my own home.

By Nate on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:49 pm:

fyi, kazaa plus is paying for software, not the content you download via it. you have the right to download copyrighted music or movies. so, it is in fact stealing. how nice you are.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:50 pm:

well, either way I did the right thing. I paid.

By Sye on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:51 pm:

Not that I want to get involved in this, because it's quite entertaining without me, but Dani, didn't you pay for kazaa only after the free version wouldn't work right for you because the sound on the movie wouldn't work?

I don't want to go back and look at the old posts to this effect, but that's what I remember.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:52 pm:

How nice of you to see just how nice I am Nate. Your a real nice guy.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:56 pm:

No Sye, I had already paid for Kazaa long before I asked Dave for help. The problem was that I needed some sort of codec that Dave ended up finding for me.
    I think I even remember where Dave sent me to get the codecs...
    www.codec-download.com

If memory serves me right, that was what I needed to fix my problem.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:58 pm:

Oh, and for the record, kazaa still has a free version that works just fine and so does Morpheus. And Limewire. And a few others.
    I just figured I'd do the right thing and pay.
    Now if I could just find x-copy, I'd be good to go.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:58 pm:

'well, either way I did the right thing. I paid.'

It's not enough to just pay someone. You're still stealing unless you pay the people who made the movie or the music. I'm not saying "shame on you" or anything. It's just important that you to know what you're doing.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:59 pm:

"that you to know"

I've had too much goddamn tocoffee today and I can't type fast enough to keep up. I'm probably jibbering.

By heather on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:01 pm:

oh i see dani! and kazaa pays the film makers, yes?

By heather on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:03 pm:

oops! how late i am.

By semillama on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:04 pm:

Yeah, tbone. I think a good analogy would be claiming you have the right to make bootleg copies of movies because you bought a VCR. Or of music albums because you have a dual-deck tape recorder.

Plus, there's this to consider:

Coyotes Spotted in Rock Creek Park

Washington (AP) - Coyotes have come to Rock Creek Park.

The Washington Times reports, a park official spotted one in mid-September after several visitors had reported seeing the animals.

The incidents are the first known coyote sightings in the District. A wildlife expert says there are coyotes living in every state, even though they're commonly associated with the western Plains.

A spokesman for the National Park Service says there are no plans to try and curtail the park's coyote population. The animals usually avoid humans, but could become aggressive in some situations.

Park visitors are being advised not to attempt to feed the coyotes, to keep their pets on leashes and stay on marked paths.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:05 pm:

Don't know, don't really care Heather.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:19 pm:

I do. I don't like Kazaa as a company.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:22 pm:

Kazaa has awful tech support.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:23 pm:

I don't know how hard it is to download and burn DVDs.
    I do know how hard it is to make a film which is one of
    the reasons why I have a hard time downloading and
    burning DVDs. I don't really care that much what other
    people do, it just doesn't sit well with me. And it's not like
    anyone is going to burn any of the films I worked on in
    college.

By agatha on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:23 pm:

This is dumb. Let's stop, okay?

Soooo, who's watching the Librarian movie on TNT sunday night? I was very excited to watch it until I realized belatedly that I didn't get that channel. Now I have to beg someone to tape it so that I can watch it another time. Ah, me.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:27 pm:

I saw that and thought of you.

Noah Wyle and Kyle MacLachlan in one movie.
    How much more wide-eyed and geeky can you
    get?

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:31 pm:

Your right, this is dumb. It's always dumb but yet we continue to do it.

If I knew how to tape a movie off the TV, I'd record it for you. TNT is channel 26 on my Time Warner cable.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:32 pm:

All kidding aside, what's the name of the movie and I'll see if it's on the internet anywhere.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:34 pm:

I think Noah Wyle is super sexy. He can be my GYN any day.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:35 pm:

Jess is excited about The Librarian too. It airs on her birthday.

By kazu on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:36 pm:

he was getting kind of paunchy there for a while though.

By TBone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 06:40 pm:

In other news, I discovered that I like RSS feeds today. Makes me wish Sorabji has one.

Also, I just received a spam offering me "qualified Ukrainian seafarers and specialists of any rank and specialisation". Usually when I get spam offering me seamen, it's a misspelling.

By Nattin on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 07:03 pm:

PS YOU SUCK!eheheh

By Antigone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 08:41 pm:

"Your right, this is dumb. It's always dumb but yet we continue to do it."

And you've authored almost half of the posts on this thread, Dani. So...what does that mean?

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 09:32 pm:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............perhaps it means exactly what I stated above????? Here, I'll make it easy for you and paste it again....wouldnt want you to strain yourself by actually reading something in FULL and answering your own stupid question...I realize your a little slow so I dont mind helping you out by pasting this...damn, I am a nice person. Here ya go:

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 05:39 pm:
    Naaa, having the last word has nothing to do with it. I'm just bored the last couple of days. I am taking some time off until after the holidays so I can deal with all the family arriving, holiday shopping, doctor appts., etc....etc....I have totally over done it the last couple of years with work so I'm just going to relax for a while.

Notice the word BORED in there anywhere Antigone?

So the answer to your stupid question is...I'M BORED LATELY. So I posted alot. Big deal. And your excuse for not taking Agatha's advice which was this:

"This is dumb. Let's stop, okay?"

?????

Are you actually to dumb to realize that everyone but you took Agatha's advice? What does THAT tell YOU?

By Antigone on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 09:40 pm:

It tells me that:

1) I just read the thread for the first time in a day,

and

2) I had something I wanted to say.

But, since you know what other people think, why don't you tell me why I posted?

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 09:47 pm:

Because you suddenly ran out of spray paint from spraying X's on the back of the animals that kick?

No more spray paint, no more safe sex so why not be an idiot and post something stupid right here on this FINSISHED thread?

This gorgeous piece of green bud has more intelligence than you have in your entire body.

Nice Dani...nice Dani....nice Dani...behave.

I really should write a book.

By heathre on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 09:56 pm:

wow.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 09:57 pm:

cow.

By jack on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 10:14 pm:

how?

By jack on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 10:19 pm:

meow.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 10:24 pm:

chow.

By jack on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 10:25 pm:

right now. ciao!

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 10:27 pm:

now.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 10:27 pm:

sow.

By Dani on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 10:29 pm:

vow.

By Nate on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 12:24 am:

literacy is a prereq to writing a book.

well, not literally. but it should be.

the spray painting X's was good. probably not original, but even so, it was good. up unitl you felt the need to belabor it with further explaination.

By Dani on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 12:56 am:

Good? original? literacy? Explanation? Who gives a fuck Nate.
    You all wanted DETAILS right? FULL explanations of each and every post. Well, you got it explained to you in perfect detail. I left nothing out or nothing to question. Simple as that..
    Or simple as you.

By Dani on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 12:58 am:

So, who is exactly here is determined to have the last word now?

By jack on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 01:03 am:

i think it's dougie. he's waiting all you guys out. he'll get the last word just after the new year.

you guys might as well give it up now. he's going to get it. so just forget it.

By Dani on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 01:08 am:

It's kind of like the kids game about who can go for the longest amount of time without making a sound..sooner or later, one of them just can't contain themselves any longer and just blurts something out and loses the game.

This, like each and every other thread here, will eventually become "tiresome" and fade away.

I for one am already "tiring" of it.

By jack on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 01:22 am:

shh

By TBone on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 02:05 am:

(snicker)

By dave. on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 04:45 am:

dani, let it go. it's no biggie.

there's a special kind of internal peace in folding graciously.

not answering a challenge can be more effective than answering.

By Dani on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 01:45 pm:

Dave, your right.

My internal peace is coming from taking this time off. The last few days of not working my ass off and making sure everything is just perfect all the time has been beautiful.
    I wake up and I feel great starting each day with so much less stress.

But, I accomplished alot. What started out as just helping a little here and there became a full time gig and before I knew it, I was like some sort of machine unable to stop.

But, I'm done. At least until after the holidays. Maybe even for good, who knows.

Now I just need to stop eating all damn day.

By kazu on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 02:10 pm:

you should go on the elder
    scrolls
    diet

i lost 2 pounds one week playing at sem's because
    i got so addicted i would forget to eat. i went two days
    without showering, which is a big deal for me.

if I didn't have to pick up sem from work i would
    have played for eight, nine, ten hours straight.

it's like junk that game is.

and in two weeks i get to play again

By wisper on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 04:53 pm:

hey Kazu, they're hiring game testers!
    you just have to move to Rockville Maryland.

By agatha on Sunday, December 5, 2004 - 12:38 am:

Tbone, that's my birthday too! I'm in Portland for class right now, thus my silence. The movie is called "The Librarian."

http://tinyurl.com/45mlq

By TBone on Sunday, December 5, 2004 - 04:04 am:

Happy Birthday!

By kazu on Sunday, December 5, 2004 - 04:06 am:

happy birthday agather!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Gee on Monday, December 6, 2004 - 10:39 am:

happy birthday!

I don't understand why everyone seems to angry at dani. I rather like her; she's sassy and not nearly as idiotic as most of the people you guys argue with. she's a fierce competitor!

but dani, please please please, for my sake, remember that the contraction of You Are is You're, not Your.

By Dani on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 12:05 am:

Thank you for your kind words Gee. Your very sweet.

I'll try and remember the You're thing, just for you!

Happy Birthday, Agatha. Did you get to see your movie?

By heather on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 12:18 am:

mm....tasty memory

i'm just gonna say happy birthday here, too
    nice.

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 07:09 pm:

And a Merry Bah Humbug to you all!

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 07:13 pm:

Dani,

I have always had trouble with "Logic" problems myself.

The key to helping your daughter is to read them several times. Analyze the math and break it down into simpler easy to solve parts.

By V on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 04:12 pm:

The Watcher,Sir,its strange that you should mention "bah humbug"...v was in the car park of a Supermarket 4 hours back,when I just felt the urge to shout it out,I did,...not much reaction from the English public...,spect not that many have read Dickins.,or speak English.

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 04:49 pm:

Or, they have seen to many versions of the movie.

I cann't tell you how many I've seen this season. But, it was a lot.

By Gee on Sunday, January 2, 2005 - 04:15 pm:

it's too bad they locked you guys in so you couldn't just leave and go to another bar where they play nice white music, like Barry Manilow and Bing Crosby!

fuckin mexicans! always stealing our jobs and tainting their own water! ban tequila, I say. that'll show em.

By Nootlebot on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 12:01 am:

Hahahahahhahahahhhahahaha. You are all
    the most terribly cynical and conceded people
    I've ever heard of. While your conversation was
    somewhat entertaining, it is appaling to think it
    started with someone asking for help on a
    math worksheet so that she and her daughter
    could go out for free pizza. And when people
    made more than one comment! How much
    time do you people SPEND arguing about
    pointless subjects? My GOD.

By jack on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 12:48 am:

on re-reading this thread, i revise my incorrect estimation that dougie would get the last word just after the new year. i'm glad nobody took the bet.

some anonymous kid, or someone posing as one, will get the last word sometime in school year 2007-2008. this kid or facsimile will be expressing, in slangtacular misspelled quasi-english, either a desire for someone to have sex with or a desire for someone to converse with.
    but not both.
    book it.

By Dani on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 11:20 pm:

This thread, sadly enough, will go on and on like a nasty case of diarrhea.

I don't think in any of our life times that we will ever see who actually ends up getting the last word here.

You would not believe how much time has been wasted here arguing over stupid things.

By Nate on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 12:14 am:

that's total bullshit dani. it isn't hard to believe how much time has been wasted here arguing over stupid things. what the fuck are you on?

By Dani on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 12:29 am:

Nothing good.

By Nate on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 01:25 am:

yeah, me either.

By Dani on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 01:25 am:

sucks.

By Dani on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 03:16 am:

something good.

By Dougie on Monday, March 7, 2005 - 12:05 am:

Sorry I disappointed you Jack. I had it in my Outlook calendar for January 3rd, and I remember the reminder popping up, but instead of snoozing, I must've dismissed it and forgot all about it.

By jaq on Monday, June 1, 2009 - 09:55 pm:

damn! i was mistaken about the last post in this thread twice!

at any rate, i hope people out there are playing fair and not trying to help their kids learn.

it's cheating if parents help, right? kids are supposed to figure everything out themselves, right?

or does that only apply to some people's kids?
    you know....those people. others.

i was reminded of this recently when overhearing someone explain that their particular biases and assumptions were perfectly reasonable, as opposed to those of others.

By droopy on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 12:42 am:

parents should never help their kids cheat.

they need to learn how to cheat on their own, by their own initiative. these are skills that last a lifetime.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 01:42 am:

droopy, I agree with you on second paragraph. LOL!

By Spider on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 01:18 pm:

What a ridiculous thread. Christ.

By platypus on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

Oddly enough I just read this, which seems to fit in here.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 04:29 pm:

totally disagree spider.

i was laughing through the first 2/3rds of it.

and for those keeping score....heather now looks like Flo from Mel's Diner.

By heather on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 05:27 pm:

you have no idea how long it takes to get my hair like that

By agatha on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 11:51 pm:

This thread is fucking epic. I never thanked you all for the nice birthday wishes. YOU ARE ALL NICE.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 - 01:44 am:

Yeah, just go with flo.......

By patrick on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 - 09:16 am:

wow pepper. a stunning if not rare display of cleverness.

sometimes i wonder if you are infact human and not a spambot on the prowl

By jaq on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 - 10:16 pm:

the pepperbot is the most human of you all

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact