upgrade my ass

sorabji.com: I need advice: upgrade my ass
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 01:45 pm:

i'm sick of not being able to access 75% of the places of the site on the web because of my old browser. this computer was just given to me, dropped off at my door, and i don't know that much about it, except that the netscape is apparently a communicator 4.5 128 encryption. i've been to a couple of upgrade sites, but i don't want to blindly download something, especially since a lot of them have "minimum system requirements" and i don't know if i have them or not.

help?

By Nate on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 02:25 pm:

firefox is what I use. I have no idea of what your system is, so I have no idea if you meet the minimum requirements. I imagine you do, but who knows.

By Rowlfe on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 02:39 pm:

firefox is awesome

By droopy on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 02:39 pm:

well, i've got windows 98. i honestly don't know what the mb's and mhz's are, but this computer was used for business before i got it, so it's it's probably adequate. i'll just go for it.

gracias.

By patrick on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 03:12 pm:

i was using Win 98 up until last week with firefox just fine.

go to your control panel. open 'system' and there, somewhere, you should find details about how memory you have and the speed of your processor.

if you right click on your C: drive icon on your desktop, you should be able to determine how much freespace you have left.

By droopy on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 03:25 pm:

i've already downloaded the firefox, and i'm on it right now. for some reason, my mail doesn't seem to have come with it. other than that, it's working great. somewhere on anther message board the crippled of great britain are pissed off at me, and at least now i can post on there.

By patrick on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 03:41 pm:

doesnt your mail come through your provider software. like, if you are using earthlink, you have an earthlink email file somewhere.

By droopy on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 04:06 pm:

there's probably some simple answer to it, i just haven't looked hard enough to find it. i assumed everything would be "imported" and the little mail icon would be down on the lower right just like on the netscape. and i can't find anything on firefox where i can enter all my mail info like i did on netscape. but i'll figure it out.

By dave. on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 04:51 pm:

By dave. on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 04:56 pm:

By droopy on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 06:51 pm:

thanks, dave.

By sarah on Friday, July 8, 2011 - 05:58 pm:

i really need to upgrade my ass.

recently i upgraded my face. i'm very happy with the results, especially considering how inexpensive the treatments were.

but my ass. gah. according to my ass, age trumps diet and exercise. i'd love to get an ass upgrade, but we are so broke right now. so there it is, my ass, following me around wherever i go, casting shadows, and, every now and then, tricking me into thinking i'm being followed.

ass paranoia.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact