Are all people in the deep South retards?

sorabji.com: I need advice: Are all people in the deep South retards?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:51 am:

I saw a t.v. program on the Southern States last night.Seems they have accents know one understands,eat "sqarlls",shoot at road signs with hand guns,dont work,ride H.D.s,or rusty pick up trucks,hate blacks,go to Church and scream "praise da Load"and roll there eyes up to the ceiling,go to graveyards in pick ups and play "amazing grace" on a 2 handed saw with a violin bow...O,and most of them play the banjo,and Bothers and Sisters have lots of sex together, reminds me of a movie.

By N.b. on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 09:42 pm:

where was this program?

you can find people that meet some of these descriptions in the South. they aren't the ones i run into a lot but they're still around. aren't there equivalently fascinating people in other parts of the world? you describe the stereotype but stereotypes come from somewhere. i don't know about the incest part

then there are a lot of people in the South that go to great trouble to distance themselves from all of these stereotypes, but still manage to be Southern.

come on down, find out for yourself. you might be so charmed, you end up becoming a Southerner. that's when it gets really weird, when you have someone whose parents or background was Lithuanian or Vietnamese or Indian but they have a northeast Alabama accent

By V on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 03:31 pm:

The program I caught part way through,and did not make a note of the channel,if I get a repeat,I will post all details to you,I DO think the film maker had a lot to answer for.I found it a shock,but on the other hand,I find people in my City,(London,England)rather like the cast of the movie "Dawn of the dead",the lust for fame and fourtune tends to de-humanize to an amazing degree...perhaps "The Southern boys" are the last of the "real people"...in case you wonder,I spent years in study on the demise of the Soutern States at the time of the Civil War,it was a sad time,and still is,... people from North America advise me not to visit the South,as they are "animals" but I make up my own mind, like that belt buckle logo says,"The South will rise again"...sounds like your from,or have connections in the South...thanks for your fine posting.

By V on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 03:40 pm:

N.b.,in London, "real people" are rare as Angel feathers,I find them now and then,but most people are made of plastic,same as New York.

By V on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 03:57 pm:

The movie "Deliverance" did not do a lot for the Soutern States image.

By N.b. on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 11:08 pm:

Never saw that one all the way through. Southern States image was cooked anyway. But, there are lots of real people in the South. Except less in Atlanta now.

By V on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 05:43 pm:

Would you say the Northern States are willing to invest in the South,or is there still some prejudice?as for Atlanta,it was the last bastion in 1865,after that the rest fell like dice.After 141 years,I dont see how anyone can hate the Southern States.,but I expect they do.

By sarah on Thursday, February 2, 2006 - 05:49 pm:

as a resident of the deep south, it is my opinion that yes, the majority, but definitely not all, people living in the deep south are retards.

By droopy on Thursday, February 2, 2006 - 11:04 pm:

as a resident of the deep south, it is my opinion that yes, i am a massive retard.

By Antigipoo on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 12:27 am:

tard funn go paw paw? Me maw for yoo?

By Veda on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 10:13 am:

i'm not a huge fan of the south, mostly because the racism is still blatant. i like mine nice and subtle.

By sarah on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 03:17 pm:

it's a scientific fact that as you move closer to the equator people are dumber.

and as you move closer to the equator, people are more beautiful.

YYYEEEEEEEHHHAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

By patrick on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 03:28 pm:

By V on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 06:09 pm:

...sarah,patrick,for a fact,I do know blacks that are 10 times nicer than most whites,but I have met a few that will kill you for 10$,...my Brothers Wife was beaten to death for that amount,shit happens,and I still try to rate people as people,not ethnics,when you consider,the only way you can judge any person is as an individual,forget the Country or Religion,I think we may all agree on that.

By V on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 06:23 pm:

sarah ,I tend to think as you get closer to Sweden ,the Girls get nicer,and as you get closer to the equator Girls get blacker,but I am no racist, xxx

By V on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 07:14 pm:

patrick,I read your yellow posting,it was kinda awesome,my opinion on Gays is 1,they are more happy than us,2 they get a lot more sex than we do,but even more so for Lesbians,patrick,for some odd reason Lesbians like me,what have I done wrong?...

By V on Saturday, February 4, 2006 - 06:55 pm:

...I just want to be re-incarnated as a Lesbian.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact