Cancer,what do you know about it?

sorabji.com: I need advice: Cancer,what do you know about it?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 02:30 pm:

I will tell you about Bruce Simpson,my friend,in 6 weeks he grew a tumour the size of a football,he got it cut out,and a kidney, 2 weeks ago,and he is still trying to find out if it was cancer or not,I spent 4 hours with him today in his huge garden,drinking de-caff,under a willow tree,trying to cheer him up,,,,so if its cancer,how fast can it grow?..in my people,we dont get cancer for some reason.,so I have no information to give him,can you help?...yeah,also it grew so fast,it crushed one of his lungs flat,(now re-inflated),can cancer do that?...v gave a promise to Bruce I will see him each week untill he is better,but also any ideas you may have will be passed on,thank you.

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 02:43 pm:

...none of us want to see people die,so if you can help,do so,again,thanks.

By Dougie on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 05:06 pm:

"and he is still trying to find out if it was cancer or not"

Well what the hell do his doctors say? Surely 2 weeks is long enough for the results to come back from pathology, no?

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 06:21 pm:

Dougie,you dont know how long them fuck head Doctors in England take to get back to you,do you? no disrespect to you dude,but v has been waiting 2 years for the results of a cholesterol test,will my heart shut down or not? I still dont know,so the fast track method is get a check at my local drug store.,takes like 10 minutes.Dougie,you know what we do if we want a fast clean operation?fly to the States.

By Dougie on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 06:38 pm:

How about dentistry -- has that gotten any better in England?

By Nate on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 07:08 pm:

and mushy peas?

my friend's dad went from normal dad to leukemia, chemo, wasting away, in three days.

three fucking days.

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 08:58 pm:

Dougie,a cap in England costs you 300$,so for me its half price in Poland.

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 09:17 pm:

Nate,3 days? thats kinda fast....so,whats your opinion of my mate Bruce? cancer or not?...I dont know,he dont know,do you?

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 09:46 pm:

Nate,the mushy peas are still awesome in England.

By Spider on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:23 pm:

My mom has cancer -- 2 kinds (breast and uterine). She's currently undergoing radiation treatment. She was diagnosed in November, had a hysterectomy in December, started chemo in December, finished chemo in April, started radiation in June, and will finish radiation in August.

Your state of mind is pertinent to the outcome of your treatment, so do all you can to help your friend stay peaceful and in control. Maybe help him with meals, take short trips with him, help him with whatever restful hobby he might have (my mom learned to crochet, which was useful during her 5-hour-long chemo sessions), etc.

By V on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 08:33 pm:

Spider,thank you for your back up,cancer is no fucking joke,to be honest,it scares the shit out me that a surgion can cut a lump the size of a mellon out of my mate Bruce,and the thing grew from nothing to massive in 2 weeks...I dont know what the hell to think,can cancer grow that fast?...I hope it cant,or can it?...if you can help,do so...me and Bruce still dont know if its cancer or not,we have a week or 2 to go for results,medical feedback is so slow in England.

By V on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 08:37 pm:

Dougie,for fast medical results,you dont want to live in England,we just dont do stuff like that.

By V on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 08:20 pm:

...v will phone Bruce for a meeting under the willow tree on Sunday,and I still dont know if its cancer or not.

By V on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 01:55 pm:

...yes,Bruce has cancer,got it confirmed 2 days ago,so far,the huge cancer that was cut out passed it on to a lung before it got cut out,all that in 2 weeks,how come it moves so fast?...Bruce gets a blast of radiation on wednesday,then his hair falls out,he is 52 with a Wife and 3 kids,at present he looks 72,...I cant even send him a get well card,that would be an insult,he may not survive this,I want a big fat magic wand to cure all ills.,ideas allways welcome,anything at all....look,i will try any idea,post anything that may help.About 1 in 4 of you will get eaten by cancer,v is not trying to creep you out,just a reminder of statistics in the western world,

By Dougie on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 02:09 pm:

That's a shame, V. His hair won't necessarily fall out from radiation treatments -- that's more from chemotherapy. Also, usually with radiation treatments, they're usually given daily over the course of a month, rather than just one treatment.

By V on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 02:18 pm:

...Most of v,s people die of burst blood veins in the brain or heart,but I am the first ever to be on pills for that,so I dont know how long I can live,perhaps very long indeed.I all ready have out lived many people,its no fun.,you end up with ghosts for friends.

By V on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 03:04 pm:

Dougie,v did not know that,I find Bruce a bit bit creepy right now,old, pale,skinny,but v wont fucking give up on him,I am shure you would not do so also,look,its a new ball game for v,I have not been to a burial in my life,not even my parents,and dont know what to do,but have to give him,his Wife and kids respect,as you would in my position....what do I do?...I have no idea,but want to do the right thing for Bruce,the walking dead man,(yes,he can still walk,just),depite his guts being pulled out,then shoved back in,with no regard to his digestive process,so he now takes one shit in 2 weeks,sorry to be crude,but its what he goes through right now.

By V on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 03:12 pm:

Dougie,thank for your concern,I can handle most situations,but not this,its beyond me.

By V on Wednesday, August 9, 2006 - 04:11 pm:

An odd thing just happened,turned on t.v. and got a movie called "Strange Luck" about a man that has been touched by the hand of God,and can cure cancer,even his Mothers ovarian cancer,she says "its all gone,like it never existed"...things happen in my life I cant explain,like the coincidence tonight.Regarding Bruce,in the last 2 days the cancer has gone from a lung to his liver,his skin has turned bright yellow.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact