Exotic Fashion Ideas For A Mole

sorabji.com: I need advice: Exotic Fashion Ideas For A Mole
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 01:06 am:

I could use some help.

For chemistry class my daughter has to make a mole.
    The animal. She has a pattern and she/we will have to buy material and sew this thing. It will be approximately the size of as guinea pig. It can be black or brown or white, in which case its eyes have to be pink.

The instructions from there are:

"Dress your mole in a creative fashion."

Although, she stipulates that you must not dress them as athletes, cheerleeders or lab personel, as these would be an automatic "F".Also, nothing vulgar or with a licquor theme, as this is a catholic high school.

They are studying mole, the SI base unit of the amount of a substance[as distinct from its mass or weight].Moles measure the actual number of atoms or molecules in an object.

So if any of you have any clever idea's I would sure appreciate the help. The mole is due Oct. 26th. We can use any kind of fabric,as long as it is within the given colors.

My daughter first suggested doing a pope mole, with a little pope hat and little pope cane, and a little pope robe, we both had a good snicker, but are pretty sure this would not go over well with the school. She has a 3.7 GPA, and would like to keep it that way.

She also suggested a
    Toga mole
    A hula mole

I suggested an Elvis mole, with little sideburns and rhinestone studded clothing, and going to the card store and buying one of those cards that sing, and getting one that sings Elvis, like "Hunk-o-hunk-o burning love", and sewing the little thing that makes the music into it's little mole paw, so when you squeezed it it would belt out the tune.

But we are wide open for suggestions.

When completed I will get pics of it so you can see the finished project.

By droopy on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 02:01 pm:

what does dressing up a mole have to do with chemistry?

By Nate on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 02:04 pm:

she should dress it up like amedeo avogadro. he even kind of looked like a mole.

By Czarina on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 06:23 pm:

I thought about that, but wondered if that would too cliche.But thought i could steal some clothes off a Christmas decoration,like a Wiseman, for his outfit.
    But am afraid someone from a previous year already used that idea.

Droop, I'm with you on that one.And its not just dressing the damn thing up, we have to MAKE it,too!
    I'd rather do a chemistry experiment at home, maybe using some of the neighborhood children.

Please, some of you have to have idea's? Something clever AND simple would be best.

Oh, my daughter just told me that its National Chemisrty Week next week, so thats what this madness is about.

Please help, any idea's will be appreciated!

By Nate on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 07:42 pm:

how about as a 1940's style spy? a mole mole.

or a dermatologist?

By agatha on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 10:31 pm:

That's what I was thinking. Something that plays on the other definitions of mole- mole sauce? I don't know.

By J on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 01:08 pm:

Yes,you could cover it up with some avocado and call it quacamole.

By J on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 03:39 pm:

Or you could dress it like Jesus and call it Holy mole

By TBone on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 09:42 pm:

You could put a board with a hole it it over its head, complete with large mallet. I was a whack-a-mole master as a kid.

By agatha on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 12:40 am:

Heh! I like Holy mole. Good job, J. I like Tbone's idea, too.

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:20 am:

Thanks guys, those are great ideas. He he, quite clever.Nate's idea was quite crafty, and had I seen it in time, I would have probably used it.

That Holy mole and whack-a-mole were good,too.I'd be almost afraid to use the Holy mole, because of the Catholic school, and they can be funny, but that whack-a-mole, we could have had fun with that.

I panicked, and went with the Elvis mole. I don't sew well, and this project required someone with good skills, and I have a friend I asked, but I took it to her first thing Satuarday morning, so she would have plenty of time. She made a little Elvis cape out of silver material that we will glue jewels on.

And we are accessorising with sunglasses and guitar and tacky wide belt.

Thanks for the ideas, I greatly appreciate them all . You guys are the best!

By J on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:38 pm:

Don't forget the blue suede shoes:)

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:21 pm:

whack a mole is awesome! let us know how Molelvis made out.

By Czarina on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 01:57 pm:

Aaaargh! Some clever christian kid made an Angelina Mole, mole.

Good and clever. No judging yet as the teacher was out sick. The fellow students were quite impressed with Molevis, with all of his flash and glimmer, his little sideburns were a big hit. I'll get some pics posted soon. Thanks again for all the ideas, you guys are the best.

A BIG heartfelt hug, all the way around!

By sarah on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 02:15 pm:

one answer is: because school should be fun every once in a while.

another answer would be: let's not forget that creativity is an essential part of every subject, including chemistry.

especially catholic school. a great way to bring some levity into the classroom.

i bet the photos are a hoot.

hopefully she's learning some chemistry too.

By Jim aka Pajama on Saturday, November 4, 2006 - 05:30 pm:

Well? Who won??

By Czarina on Monday, November 6, 2006 - 10:48 am:

Well, molevis didn't win, but he was an attention getter! Oddly, the "lunchlady mole" won for most creative. Apparently there is a lunchlady at the school that has an enourmous and rather unsightly mole on her neck, and that mole won. It kind of disturbs me, because I would think it would hurt her feelings, but maybe she didn't know, and it was the teachers who chose the winners.

Mole-in-one came in second.
    I have some pics, but aren't able to post them, but if I could send them to one of you to post for me I would be very appreciative :)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact