It is about Meds

sorabji.com: I need advice: It is about Meds
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 04:10 am:

I have two med from Doctor today . It is for my bruised rib related to loading dock accident. Does anyone knows about Naproxen at 500 mg? cause the instruction said avoid excess exposure to sun? and the other med is hydrocodone bitartrate (viodin). I feel a little wozzy, they said I can take one or two before bed. why two? I am curious.

By droopy on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 02:07 pm:

i'm not familiar with naproxen, but i'm about to start a round of antibiotics - ciprofloxacin - that comes with a similar warning to stay out of sunlight. some drugs just make you more sensitive to light. it also comes with the warning, "might cause dizziness".

i was given vicodin when i broke my knee - i think it was last year. i wasn't in any pain; my leg was already paralyzed. it took me two days to go to the hospital about it, and that was only because one leg was swollen to twice the size of the other one. i was offered vicodin at the hospital, and i took the prescription out of curiosity. i took one vicodin at night before i went to bed. i found it kept me up all night, but not in a bad way. i found i could lie in bed all night feeling both very alert and very calm. i found myself reading things like whole books of icelandic sagas from the time i went to bed to sunrise. and yet i wasn't tired the next day. i took one pill each night before bed for an entire month until my prescription ran out.

within a day or so of stopping the nightly vicodin, i was besieged with diarrhea that lasted for almost a week. i guess it was because i just stopped cold.

By heather on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 02:23 pm:

if you don't want to take the hydrocodone, feel free to send it to me. it makes me happy.

i was given ciprofloxin for a kidney infection and it made me much sicker

By droopy on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 03:16 pm:

i'm pretty sure i have a kidney infection. i haven't gone to the doctor, but i have the tell-tale signs. these infections are just a part of a paraplegic's life. the cipro i plan on taking is leftover from a prescription dated 11/09/06. i stopped taking it because it made me feel sicker. they always do. but i'll give it a try for a couple of days. it says "use before 11/09/07" on the bottle; why let 'em go to waste. then i'll start drinking lots of water and eating carrot sticks and oranges. very effective.

By Antigone on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 08:41 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 02:11 am:

They prescribed me Hydrocodone at 500 mg, is that mild one or what? the direction said " take 1 or 2 tab before bedtime.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 02:14 am:

Uhmmm heather, you might want to ask droopy for one, I needed that for my bruised rib. oddly enough that my dr said no broken rib?!?!?!

By Antigone on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 03:01 am:

Ya, I've taken two 500mg hydrocodone at once before. No big deal. If you don't want to take that much, then don't. :)

By droopy on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 01:54 pm:

500 mg is considered a low dose for a full-grown chupacabra.

By EMILIO on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 02:25 pm:

Why don't you guys screw off?

By droopy on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 03:02 pm:

fuck you. we're trying to help our friend dr. pepper.

By heather on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 03:56 pm:

isn't it 5/500

5mg hydrocodone
    500mg acetaminophen

it doesn't do anything for pain, it makes me not care about it

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 01:58 am:

heather, it says: hydrocodone bitartrate & apap 5mg/500mg.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 02:00 am:

droopy, I am not a chupacabra!

By heather on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 04:24 am:

yes

you are

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 04:00 pm:

No!
    Not me!

By droopy on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 06:25 pm:

¡mentiroso! ¡tu eres chupacabra!

repite, por favor:

yo soy chupacabra.
    me gusta chupar sangre de cabras.
    me siento orgulloso de ser chupacabra.
    la gente me odia.

By droopy on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 06:27 pm:

and let us know how the hydrocodone affects you.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 06:55 pm:

droopy, I do not understand spanish, translate please.

By jack on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 09:20 pm:

translate into what? English? you understand English, dr. ?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 12:29 am:

Of course translate into English, Jack!

By droopy on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 03:00 am:

the gist of my post, dr. pepper, in english: stop living a lie and just accept the fact that you are chupacabra. it will be liberating. and infinitely more interesting than the alternative.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 05:16 am:

droopy, how is that I am lying?

By semillama on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 02:05 pm:

Chupa Cabra, Chupa Cabra, one of us! One of us!

By Der beobachter on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 07:20 pm:

Dies ist eine fremde stelle sie scheint dont viele posten zu haben

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact