Darrin, Oatmeal and the Turkey Curse

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: Darrin, Oatmeal and the Turkey Curse
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 01:31 am:

I'm patently loaded.

but beyond that, this has all happened before.

when you get tired of toying with the bitchass, just start ignoring him.

it's easy and ultimately, quite effective.

just stop reading the posts of your choice. then those posts of your choice, the chosen ones, will begin to disappear.

it was easy with oats.

By dave. on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 01:44 am:

i'd rather kill them and everyone like them.

By Nate on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 01:49 am:

are you wearing your brown shirt today, dave.?

By dave. on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 02:27 am:

navy blue. feeling brown.

By Sorabji on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 02:32 am:

i'm wearing my scooby doo shirt

By moonit on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 05:00 am:

I had a scooby doo shirt but a boy stole it.

By Tom on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 05:03 am:

aye. kill 'em all. blatant self-righteousness in anyone but me really pisses me off.

By amanda on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 07:23 am:

millions of dollars. all on a show that shows the same scenario over and over again. genius!

By Nate on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 01:24 pm:

i got really high and drank a 40 last night.

By Chordata on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 04:14 pm:

i mixed a mint gimmel (vodka, triple sec, lime juice, mint leaves) and smoked a joint.

i am wearing a brown sweater.

By wisper on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

wearing my transformers decepticon shirt.
    the logo is centered and purple with a slightly fuzzy texture. My roommates tried to tear it off me when i came through the door.
    (because they wanted the shirt, not my hot bod.)

(although that could very well also be the case.)

(smegma!)

By Nate on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 06:20 pm:

i hope i have vodka for tonight. i seem to remember there being a bottle in the freezer.

hm.

i don't like mint.

i had pho for the second day in a row.

m.

mmm.

smile nate.

i'm wearing an ugly blue polo shirt.

By dave. on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 06:32 pm:

pho rocks. excellent for hangovers when sriracha is liberally applied.

By dave. on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

By Nate on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

damn. sriracha is the shit with the rooster on it that i can never remember the name. i love that shit.

when i get really stoned i tend to wander the kitchen looking for stuff to put sriracha on.

By Tom on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 09:41 pm:

Don't think I'll be imbibing tonight. It's an all ages show.

Tonight, tonight I am going to see Modest Mouse. Yum. I can barely wait. I love this band. Lord and yum. But they're playing with Dub Narcotic, so I'll be sure to sneer at the "lead droner" just to make Dave feel happy. (Er, I think it was Dave, and I think it was the guy from DNSS. Otherwise, I'll just sneer at him 'cause I'm cool like that, and 'cause he's taking up stage time that could be used for people like... oh... Modest Mouse!)

Yessah, yep. Lord, I'm stoked. I haven't been to a show in ages.

By Beta possum on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 10:24 pm:

tom
    setlist?

By Sorabji on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 10:35 pm:

someone stuck a sign up on my door today telling me to stop practicing piano, because "YOU ARE DISTURBING YOUR NEIGHBORS."
    i was really fucking pissed about it because it was signed "YOUR LAND LODR," but i called my "LAND LODR" and he knew nothing of it, but said as long as i practice between 9am and 11pm (which i do) then "don't worry about it."
    which is kind of too bad because it was fun looking through apartment listings and thinking about how i've never really liked this neighborhood. i just hate to think that someone in this building is hating life because of the fact that i practice piano.

i'm wearing a "Celebrating Art" t-shirt that i got when i lived in Atlanta. and listening to David Saperton play Godowsky.

By dave. on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 11:17 pm:

that's the one. calvin. with his tiresome band and his oh-so-cutesy dancing. brrrrr.

mark, you should move to connecticut. letterman lives there. apartments suck. i hate listening to music quietly and headphones just don't cut it.

when i was 18, i had just moved to seattle and i got an apartment on the corner of 5th and bell, right next to the monorail. at the time i thought i was to be a bass player, but i didn't have an amp so i used to practice through my stereo. the manager knocked on my door one night shortly after i moved in saying that the people upstairs were complaining. so i turned it down but shortly after that, as i was "practicing" at the lowest volume possible through my shitty stereo, the people upstairs started stomping on the floor. so i turned the stereo all the way up and hit all the strings and leaned the bass against the speaker leaving it to feed back until the fuses blew while i ran upstairs and pounded on their door yelling for them to come out and talk to me. they never opened their door or responded at all. i moved out at the end of the month. i blew last month's rent and deposit to get out of there. i think it cost me close to $1000 for that month, which was unheard of in 1985.

fuck apartments. fuck neighbors. (except guy and angie and the cahills, them's good neighbors.)

By Chosen One on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 01:02 am:

Nate,

My very own thread!?eh How sweet of you!eh I had no idea you cared!?eheheee Nate, you do wonders for my ego!!ehe Now go take your PROZAC and DRY UP!!eheh You're yet another FIDGETY CYBER WACKO who carries on over ADISHKITE!eheee That's YIDDISH for BUBKESS!ehe Meaning: CRAP, NOTHINGNESS! FARSHTAIST!?ehehe What am I to do with these FROGGY users!?heh Unfknblvbl!ehe

By Chosen One on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 01:04 am:

P.S. Who is this Darrin that I continue to hear of!?eheh Was he a legend in his own time!?eh I assume NATE believes me to be this DARRIN person?eheheh If so, he must have been just as outspoken as me!ehe More power to him!eh

By Cat on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 01:43 am:

Darrin was Dave's bum chum. You have his eyes.

By Chordata on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 01:58 am:

my neighbors called the police on our other neighbors, 'cuz they were practicing the piano at 9pm.

fucking rich fuck fucks.

By Tom on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 06:34 am:

bleh. I missed the show. i'll catch it tomorrow, I hope. They add a band tomorrow, so my $12 will get me Modest Mouse, Dub Narcotic, and Zen Guerrilla. Never heard of ZG before.

And if I don't make this one, I'll just cry.

My neighbors so far haven't been to buggy about music, which is nice. I don't play, but I like to turn my speakers up nice and loud. Normally I wouldn't feel at all guilty about this, 'cause they play their rap just as loud... but I am awake at 3am, and it always takes me fifteen minutes to realize that everyone else in the world is probably asleep.

The neighbors on one side are a large mexican family. I haven't actually met any of them yet. The rap neighbors are named Renetta and L.A. I can't imagine that they're older than 18, but they seem nice. I'm not sure about this apt. complex yet. Seems to be a lot of shady people. Like the creepy chick up one floor and over 2 doors. Every time I walk down the stairs to my place, she's watching. I wonder who she's waiting for.

By semillama on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 02:34 pm:

I live next door to cops. I can't turn my music up past 13 without fear of a ticket for disturbing the(ir) peace. What's ironic is that I can always hear the rednecks int he apt. building across the drive from me, yet they never get complaints. I solved the problem of playing music by bypassing the amps and playing through my 4-track.

Still, location for music playing will be a criterion in my next apt. search. If it's in columbus, I was reassured that there was good priced apts in the student section, where the music playing wouldn't be a problem.

By Sorabji on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 12:34 am:

the only reason i even have a scooby doo shirt is because i tried to order a charlie brown t-shirt from the bmg music service but they sent me the scooby doo "mysteries wanted" shirt instead. it was too much of a hassle to return it. i've received lots of nice comments about the scooby doo shirt, but i am not conversant at all in scooby doo. now charlie brown i could talk all day about the artistry of the 50s and 60s strips, the worthlessness of Sally, the homosexuality of Linus, the luck that Schulz had that Vince Guaraldi wrote such a classic tune for the strip. but don't get me started. i just don't know anything about scooby doo.

By Sorabji on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 12:45 am:

the thing i hate about all these sudden complaints that i play piano too loud is that i've lived here for over 3 years and no one has ever complained. in fact people have said nice things about it. these 2 old people who live upstairs stopped me in the stairwell once and asked "You da piano player?" and i was like "oh fuck" but i said yeah, and the old guy said "YOU SOUND LIKE LIBERACE!" and i took that in the complimentary sense that it was intended and said thanks, you're awful nice. then the old lady said something about my fingers. which reminded me of my mid twenties when it first occurred to me that people get their rocks off watching people play piano or other musical instrument. anyway, the racist woman who lives downstairs and in direct earshot of my piano has only ever said nice things, the people who used to live next door said nice things (but they moved out because they were 5 humans living in a 1-bedroom exactly the size of this apartment i'm sitting in right now). so i guess there is a new resident in this building who expected to move into a monestary and not a new york city apartment building. i don't really care that much except that i just got a bunch of new (to me) Lennox Berkeley and Arthur Bliss and John Field piano scores that was looking forward to playing really fucking loudly.

By amanda on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 02:13 am:

my neighbors karaoke at 4 in the morning.

the first time it happened my roommate was banging on the ceiling to get them to stop, but after an hour of banging she realized it wasn't coming from upstairs. she walked around to all the apartments on our floor, above us and below us. she finally figured out it was the next building (which is connected to us). apparently the people below us think it is us. once the guy came upstairs at three in the morning and told us to knock off the noise. we told him it wasn't us but the people in the next building. we laughed. he got angry and stomped away. now we live in fear.

By amanda on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 02:14 am:

i spent several years thinking i was charlie brown... i could really relate to the fellow.

By Tom Van Pelt on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 02:27 am:

I'll hold the football still this time. I promise.

By Bashful on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 03:28 am:

I'm a pianist myself and i believe that everyone should have the right to play a musical instrument in their own apartment anytime they want to just like a stereo.

By Runnergirl on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 12:26 am:

sorabji~ i'm looking for that exact "scooby doo mysteries wanted" t/s! You say the BMG music service sent it to you--do you know how i could contact them to find the shirt! a friend has wanted that shirt since we were younger and i want to get it for his b-day! thanks!:)

By jack on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 12:50 pm:

this has all happened before.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact