I don't think so, but I feel like it sometimes

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: I don't think so, but I feel like it sometimes
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 10:13 am:

Why are people so weird? Why are they so hard to figure out? Not even figure out, predict. Predict to some degree of accuracy better than chance. Why are their moods so irrational? Mine, too, I'll admit readily. Why is it that some days you can get along swimmingly with someone and then other days, for no discernable reason, they bug the hell out of you?

And then there are some people who never have mood swings or personality changes. They're so level, all the time. You can always count on them to behave the same way they always have. Why isn't everyone like this?

I just can't deal with people sometimes. I feel like an idiot. I feel like there's all this subliminal dialogue going on that I'm totally missing. I don't know where I stand with anyone; I don't know what they think of me. I just don't get it.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 10:18 am:

You're one step closer to illumination.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 10:53 am:

Ah, that's a small comfort.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 10:54 am:

Take 'em when you can.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 11:40 am:

Eh.

Where's Patrick?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Where's everbody, for that matter?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 12:53 pm:

Ok, this is getting spooky.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 12:53 pm:

we're all in the private room.

By Alex on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 01:31 pm:

it would appear im here too, or is it just me imagining it?

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 01:44 pm:

Maybe both.

By Alex on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

that would seem quite probable at the moment

By pez on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 02:16 pm:

it's eerie.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

So, like, ain't nobody got no answers for me? Suggestions for coping? Tales of commiseration? Empathic gestures?

I want someone to tell me about someone they know that has got a slippery personality as described above. I just want someone to acknowledge that they have trouble with people, too. Come on! Someone else say people are exhausting, please?

By Alex on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

heck yeah! people are annoying like that. I remember my old art teacher, now she was scary, one minute she'd be all smiles and friendly, the next shed be shoulting at us, sending people out of the room. We all hated her.
    People are, by nature, i think, very hard to understand. its all about individuality.

By pez on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

people are exhausting, i can do a certain amount of predicting, but not much.

alex, your art teacher sounds like mrs. pokarney, my teacher in third grade.

By Alex on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

she was an evil, evil woman, no doubt she was someone evil in her former life! if it works like that, if not perhaps she was someone so nice, that this time she thought shed be nasty!

If that sort of thing happens at all!

By semillama on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

Don't hit me.

By Czarina on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

There are weird people everywhere.[except here]

I work with a very unpredictable bitch.Her co-workers can't stand her.The patients can't stand her.But sometimes she can be really funny.Sometimes.Thats the problem.I wish she would just pick a personality,and stick with it.Be more predictable.If she wants to be a bitch,fine,but do it consistently.

This is scarey,but at one time or another,I have heard most of her co-workers make the comment,that if one of the patients hits/attacks her,they'll let the patient,get in a lick or two,before they step in to help.In my business,thats not good.

She's the one the patient called "The blonde bitch,with the cow-eyes".

Two nights ago at work,another patient called her
    "Miss Mother-Fucker",to her face.She replied,"My name is Tracey",[then she spelt it]"T R A C Y "

The patient replied,"Well,Miss Mother-Fucker,my name is Rita,R I T A .And wherever you're going,I've already been,bitch!"

It was very hard for me to keep a straight face.We don't want to encourage bad behavior in the patients.Tee hee

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact