Perhaps I am.

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: Perhaps I am.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 04:19 pm:

The other night at work,I found a tiny,little,cute gecko.Itsy bitsy,maybe a half inch long.It was cold here that night,and when I touched it,it was very cold.

Knowing reptiles have no thermo-regulators,I decided to bring it home,and put it in with my giant tortosise babies,because they have a handy little heating pad thing to keep em warm.

So I did just that.I figured the little thing would warm up,and then climb out of the tortoise habitat,and go about its lizardly way.

But I was wrong.He seems to like it there.He hasn't left,and seems to like to be held by my kids.We named him Gizzard.He's cute.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 05:13 pm:

being a baby, he's probably taken to his human friends, much more than an adult, no?

geckos are really really human friendly I understand.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 05:50 pm:

Not the one that was on our porch in South Carolina one day. He avoided us pretty well.

I did manage to catch a chameleon, who turned from bright green to dull brown ina second. Pretty cool. I let him go neaer the woods.

By Heloise on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 09:24 pm:

If you catch another chameleon,they usually pop their mouths open,[I think to try to scare us],but anyway,you can then clip them onto your earlobes,like little earrings,and they will change colors,to match your ensamble.

Fashion tip #234

By semillama on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 08:54 am:

Wow. That's cool. This one didn't pop his mouth, he just cocked his teeny head and gave us a look.

By J on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 11:38 am:

I use to catch horny toads when I was a kid,they spit blood out of their eyes,I never see them anymore.When I was in C.R. there where all kinds of lizards,the neatest one was a Jesus Christ lizard that really did walk on water,I saw one and have a picture of it.Also saw this tree frog and tiny red frog,there use to be gold frogs but they are extinct now.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 11:54 am:

Yah,but can you wear em as earrings?

By Fun times chik on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

the jesus christ lizards are crazy...we had one once, but i took it outside to swim in the lil baby pool (you know, the ones that are all ove 6 inches deep), and bask in the sun. well, they looked so bored, my friend wanted to give them some waves to make it interesting. well, she made it interesting all right, when this lil lizard caught a wave and hopped right out of the pool.
    not like that story had a point, i just thought it was funny....

By sarah on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 04:48 pm:

geckos in hawaii chirp. loudly. geckos in texas don't seem to.

geckos are smart.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

I had two Horned Toads as pets, which I caught on a family vacation to NM.

They were neat. One escaped to a rock wall never to be seen again. The other died about six months later.

They're hard to keep as pets here in Maryland. Even the zoo couldn't tell us how to keep them alive. They did say we had better luck than they did.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 06:34 pm:

My sister had an iguana named Norman. Norman liked to hang out on the drapes. Norman disappeared into the Ohio evening one night, and was never heard from again.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 06:45 pm:

i had a three legged tegu named Merlin. one of his legs was bit off by a monitor lizard when he was a baby. he victimized young rats. he was a vicious, evil creature.

i ate him. bbq'd slowly with a stick through his ass.

or maybe i gave him to a herp breeder.

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 12:28 am:

Had iguana in Aruba once. It's illegal to catch and cook. This was is a local restaurant, and some spicy iguana it was. The "soup" was delicious until I saw the little leg bones looking up at me.

#

Aruba Dream

There
    Just twenty miles off verdant Venezuela’s coast
    The jewel of sun and sand can sit
    Forever rising in black volcanic chants
    Where birds and bats line hollowed caves
    Under watchful Haystack’s dark rimmed hat--
    I dig for crystals in rocky skrees of littered quartz
    And search for meaning among the stones
    Long ago given shape by sharp wet edges of the sea
    Where wave and wind bend trees--
    I place my foot in holds of stone along the beach
    And climb
    From rock to rock at Arokok
    Where giant boulders half island tall
    Granite themselves, a universe of god’s croquet amuck--
    I float face up and fish-eyed to the sky
    To hope or chance as if to divine
    An evening’s mystery among the heavens,
    Calm seas at night enfolding--
    Then quietly dine late at La Cocina on lizard soup no less,
    And see the little legs look up
    At me as god no doubt had seen
    Me floating

###

Yep, it was damn good.

By J on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 01:15 am:

I think we should share the herbs

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 08:24 am:

HMMMMM.

By geiko on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 12:19 pm:

It seems some of you are not lizard friendly.......

By J on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

I love lizards,except for gila monsters.My husband brought one home in a coffee can when we lived on the dams,the crazy fuck.

By Czarina on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 01:02 pm:

Hey J,do you remember that chuckawalla,named Seymour,that I used to scare my pharmacict boyfriend with?

Never failed to give him a fright,when I'd pick ole Seymour up,and he'd puff up about 5 times his size.I loved that lizard.

By J on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

God Czarina you've had so many critters I can hardly keep track.

By Hal on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 04:33 pm:

How the hell do you puff him up, blow in his ass or something?

By Daniel ssss on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:34 am:

First ya gotta light 'im...

By Hal on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:17 pm:

Ahh I see, you load the bowl in his mouth and suck on his ass, he fills up with smoke and you suck it out his ass, its a lizard pipe.

By Orang gilo sedunio on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 01:53 am:

cococote co gilo ako gilo hahahaha ko sakit jiwo ako sakit jiwo

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact