What is HAPPENING to meeee???

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: What is HAPPENING to meeee???
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:08 am:

I've lost about 75 IQ points between yesterday morning and today.

Yesterday afternoon, I was looking at some Excel sheets with my boss, and I did and said the DUMBEST THINGS EVER, one after the other after the other.

Like, I would copy and paste a cell, and not 3 seconds later I would say, "Don't I have to copy and paste this cell here?" But...I had just done that!

"Do you think that we should look in the shared folder for such-and-such file?" But...we were currently looking at that file! Which I found in the shared folder!

When he told me to move some of the columns around, I sat there for maybe 5 (silent, awkward) seconds, not being able to think how to do that. I used the wrong shortcuts (like, I would hit ctrl+end instead of ctrl+v when I wanted to paste...how do you make that kind of mistake???).

I was a total goof on the phone to people, not being able to put together a sentence, not being able to say good bye and hang up the phone.

And on and on and on.

It was so embarrassing!

Then, this morning, I find I can't spell when I write long-hand. Carleton University? I wrote down Careloton. This is not a matter of making typos -- you don't make mistakes like this when you write with a pen! I leave out several letters in words, I write the wrong letters....

MY BRAIN IS DYING.

*whimper*

By Dougie on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:23 am:

Early onset Alzheimers? Not enough sleep? Too many martinis at lunch? Hard to tell Spider. Maybe lay off Excel and switch to Lotus123 for a while.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:57 am:

The only thing I can think of is this headache that I had from Saturday to Tuesday. It was like a migraine in that it was in the same spots I get migraines (behind my left ear, on my left temple and cheekbone, and in the corner where my brow bone meets my nose), but the pain was very sharp, like a sinus headache. Motrin did nothing. It just went away on its own on Tuesday afternoon.

Maybe I have a brain tumor.

I've been sleeping fine, even with the deadache.

But boy am I hungry right now.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:58 am:

Oops, headache.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:01 am:

deadaches and headaches are the same at times.
    Rest, you need rest.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:02 am:

Spider,

I feel your pain. The same thing started happening to my brain before I got back to school. I'd like to say that going back to school helps, and sometimes it does.

But sometimes it just gives you more things to be stupid about. I'm not talking about the work. I'm talking about basic skills you thought you once mastered, like spelling and operating a shower.

By Dougie on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:03 am:

You don't have a brain tumor, nor Alzheimer's Spider. I get those brain cramps too, where I can't remember what I'm doing from one moment to the next, or when I think about doing something that I've done by rote for years, I can't remember how to do it. Ever notice how sometimes when you're used to dialing a phone number from one certain phone it's an automatic thing, but yet, when you try to dial it on a cellphone or a rotary phone or something, you can't remember the number?

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:18 am:

It's more than that, dagnabbit! It's like I can't just can't think straight, like I had been up for a few days without sleeping, but I slept fine last night.

I feel dizzy, too, and my eyes are going weird. I hope I'm not getting an honest migraine now. Maybe I'll take tomorrow off and spend the day crying in my closet.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:20 am:

Been bit by a misquito lately????

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:36 am:

Not that I know of.

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:40 am:

headaches are not normal.

i only get them when i am hung over. the explanation is obvious.

if you get these headaches often, see a neurologist, perhaps. caffeine? stress? diet?

i used to get headaches a lot often, but in the last few years. none. nada.

maybe you're pregnant spider. nico is loosing her mind and stumbling mid sentence at times too. all the blood flow is *points* down there.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:45 am:

I haven't seen any angels of the Lord, so pregnancy is out. Maybe it's PMS, though. Maybe I do just need to sleep.

I'd never had this kind of headache before. But let me stress that it did go away. Now I just
    feel dizzy. But maybe my monitor is flickering subliminally -- my old one used to do that and I'd get dizzy. Maybe I just need to eat. Maybe I'm getting a real migraine.

You know that Queens of the Stone Age song where the guy groans softly in the chorus? That's what I feel like. *uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:47 pm:

Spider, You may want to get that checked out. Are you drinking enough water?

Speaking of headaches, I just had the strangest thing happen. I have a headache this morning, but I think it's just because I need some coffee. But anyway, I went to the bathroom to put my contacts in and when I looked in the mirror, the headache intensified. When I came back and sat down, it went back to just a dull ache.

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:48 pm:

the bathroom light?

By J on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

My daughter Heather gets horrible migrains and light does make them worse.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:23 pm:

yeah, but the light wasn't on. I turned off all the lights in the apartment in favor of natural light because of the headache.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:33 pm:

Maybe it had to do with your focusing your eyes up close on your reflection in the mirror?

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

But the thing that was so strange was that I didn't even get that close. Anyway, it's fine now. I got my contacts in. As I drink more water my head is feeling better.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

Maybe he is experiencing the same thing you are, spider.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:11 pm:

AHAAHA!

hoooo....

No, he doesn't look enough like he wants to put his head through the monitor. That is crucial.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:14 pm:

He does look like he has lost a few brain cells lately, however...

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 05:08 pm:

Spider, you'll love this

So I bought some new stuff to wash my toilet with and I can't figure out how to use it. I mean, I can't figure out how to get it out of the bottle. It's got one of those caps that are shaped to make the stuff go where it's supposed to.

But I can't figure out how to make it work. Argh!

By agatha on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:44 pm:

you were making the excel mistakes because your boss was looking over your shoulder. i do that all the time.

the rest, i would just say maybe you've been distracted for some reason.

By dave. on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:00 pm:

By agatha on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:16 pm:

come home, sweetums pop. and stop at the store on the way home for vegetables and fish to barbecue, please.

thank you.

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

and a 5th of Skyy and quart of cran please. Mmmmmkay? thanks.

By Gee on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 07:22 pm:

Rhiannon, I learned the name Malinowski today. He was really interesting!

we have to do a research paper soon on practically anything. our prof. said "Basically all you need is one question." What should I ask? I wonder if I can ask my question based on a generalization, like "Why are people so ignorant?"

By semillama on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 08:36 pm:

How about, "What are some ways people use to selectively filter information?"

It's pretty much the same thing but it sounds better.

By Gee on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 09:47 pm:

you're the best. It's so nice to know you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact