In his own words...

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: In his own words...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 01:45 pm:

how can ANYONE support this man

taken from here

At one point, Bush was asked whether he now believes that Saddam is a bigger threat to Americans than the al-Qaida terror network.

After a long pause, he replied: "That is an interesting question. I'm trying to think of something humorous to say, but I can't when I think about al-Qaida and Saddam Hussein ( news - web sites)."

"... The danger is, is that they work in concert. The danger is, is that al-Qaida becomes an extension of Saddam's madness and his hatred and his capacity to extend weapons of mass destruction around the world. Both of them need to be dealt with. You can't distinguish between al-Qaida and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror."

-Bush

What the fuck is he talking about??? He's not making any damn sense? I know for some it gets old...day in day out here but i dont understand how Americans and the rest of the world for that matter can sit back comfortably with this dumbass is at the helm. That this 100% pure idiot is leading the so-called free world into World War 3.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 02:02 pm:

nevermind

By spunky on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:23 pm:

He's not very good at improv (not scripted) conversation.

By Dougie on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:30 pm:

That's putting it very very kindly, spunky.

Neither am I, but that's not my job.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:36 pm:

Saying he's not good at unscripted conversation is irrelavent.

Even intelligent (i.e. people worthy to be president) people who may be nervous speaking in front of large groups of people can communicate intelligently. They may fumble and bumble, but they don't just spout lies, inaccuracies and speak on the level of a third grader. How does this instill confidence?

By spunky on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:36 pm:

I am loosing faith in everyone.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:45 pm:

bout time hombre

By spunky on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 10:11 pm:

but i am not going to stick my head in the sand and just bitch. i cant

By dave. on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:16 am:

By spunky on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:12 am:

Time:
    You've spoke about having seen the children's prisons in Iraq. Can you describe what you saw there?

Scott Ritter:
    The prison in question is at the General Security Services headquarters, which was inspected by my team in Jan. 1998. It appeared to be a prison for children — toddlers up to pre-adolescents — whose only crime was to be the offspring of those who have spoken out politically against the regime of Saddam Hussein. It was a horrific scene. Actually I'm not going to describe what I saw there because what I saw was so horrible that it can be used by those who would want to promote war with Iraq, and right now I'm waging peace

Hmm, hiding facts to promote your cause?

By Nate on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:24 am:

trace, do you realize how moronic you come off as?

By A Johnny Carson Tonight Show Audience In Unison on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:37 am:

HOW MORONIC DOES TRACE COME OFF AS???!!!

By spunky on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:41 am:

No, enlighten me Nate

By kazoo on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:48 am:

Spunkem (yes, that is MY new special nickname for you :)

I'm sorry, but that was a stupid example. If he were to say that there were no camps, that would be hiding facts to support his cause. Not only that, he is outright saying WHY he is holding back certain information.

What's wrong with that?

By Johnny Carson on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:50 am:

Sorry for the delay folks, I had to go help Fred DeCordova pull Ed out of a pool of his own vomit.

Trace is so moronic that he was on his way to the airport and saw a sign that said airport left. So he turned around and went home.

By A Johnny Carson Tonight Show Audience In Unison on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:51 am:

GROAN

By kazoo on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:51 am:

p.s. my new nickname is not to mock you. I like the way it sounds, especially if you say it over and over again...SpunkemSpunkemSpunkem. Try it.

Anyway, back to the thread...

(I thought school was sposed to make you smerter)

By spunky on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 11:15 am:

Good points, but my position on Ritter is that he is damaged goods.

By dave. on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 11:30 am:

is that your point or limbaugh's point?

anyone who disagrees with karl rove' strategy is damaged goods.

By spunky on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 11:43 am:

By dave. on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 11:45 am:

sorry, big guy.

By Johnny Carson on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 11:52 am:

I don't think you're stupid, Trace. I was just funnin' with ya.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 11:56 am:

Spunkem,

I don't think you are stupid. That is quite a list of sites. I don't have time to read much more than the bbc for my news these days. I like the bbc better because the writing is pretty good and I dig any news site that calls its competitive athetics section, "Sport" rather than "Sports."

It makes the little british-pop star inside me happy.

By A Really Hot Cheerleader on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

Spunky, Spunky, he's our man,
    If he can't stir up a debate,
    Nobody can!
    GoooooOOOO SPUNKY!!!

By Another Really Hot Cheerleader with no undies on on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

Be aggressive,
    B-E aggressive,
    Be agressive,
    B-E AGRESSIVE, WHOO!!!

By The Watcher on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

I think I'm going to be sick.

No, wait I am sick. That's why this all makes sence.

If I visited half those sites it would take me all day.

By A Matronly Cheerleader Supervisor with no undies on on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

You must clap your hands on the beat in between the "Be's" and the "aggressives" as syncopation.

So it would be:

Be (clap) aggressive (clap)
    B-E(clap) agressive (clap)

(Note that the clap after the "E" comes right away, whereas you wait a beat on all other claps.)

By patrick on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:42 pm:

spunk your passage of Ritter and schools doesnt mean anything son.

Why is it that a majority of people in the military establishment who AREN'T employed by the Bush administration (and some that are, but are pretty damn quiet these days) are against going to war unilaterally???? Why is that? Why is is it that the professional warriors, who have been to Iraq, who know something about Iraq inside and out are against war?

Oh wait...Tony 'the tool' Blair has a dossier!!

A DOSSIER! A DOSSIER! A DOSSIER! (sounds like the lead into a theatrical musical number)

Scott Ritter is a qualified source on the topic, THE TOPIC trace. Kiddie prisons is not the topic.

It would seems your desire to see things from all sides leaves you missing the point.

By patrick on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

dougie did you eat something different today?

By Dougie on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:53 pm:

Yeah, there were these weirdass mushrooms growing in my yard this morning, so I picked them and put them in my morning omelet. I also made a bigass pitcher of what I thought was Tang, because I was really thirsty, but evidently it was Metamucil.

By dave. on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 02:46 pm:

By Nate on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 04:10 pm:

'I am tired of all the "trace is stupid" remarks.'

maybe you should come up with a plan that will end them?

By spunky on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 05:22 pm:

I am working on it, not sure why there are such outcries to the majority of my posts.
    But such is life.

By patrick on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 05:54 pm:

because most of the people here have problems with mainstream american culture and your posts reflect, mostly what goes in mainstream american culture...politically speaking. as some have said before, sorabji doesnt necessarily reflect a cross section of america. the majority people here are ten times as smart as the average

thats not to demean your opinion, its just we, (i anyway) view you, in some ways, represent the problem and well...speaking for me anyway, people with your views anger the fuck out of me. I don't get to talk to bush, but i do get to talk to you.

doesnt mean you arent a swell guy otherwise spunktard.

By spunky on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 06:08 pm:

I would not hink I represent the typical of a cross section

By spunky on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 06:12 pm:

THE TRIALS OF HENRY KISSINGER
    Friday 24 May 10pm-11.20pm

******I don't suppose anyone caught this?
    It was on BBC 4 in May******

"Henry Kissinger is a war criminal," says firebrand journalist Christopher Hitchens. "He's a liar. And he's personally responsible for murder, for kidnapping, for torture." What is Hitchens on about? He could be talking about the lawsuit currently under way in Washington DC, in which Kissinger is charged with having authorised the assassination of a Chilean general in 1970. Or he could be referring to the secret bombing of Cambodia which, arguably, Kissinger engineered without the knowledge of the US Congress in 1969. Or perhaps Kissinger's involvement in the sale of U.S. weapons to Indonesian President Suharto for use in the massacre of 1/3 of the population of East Timor in 1975.

These and several other recent charges have cast a haunting shadow on the reputation of a man long seen as the most famous diplomat of his age, the Nobel Laureate who secured peace in Vietnam, who secretly opened relations between the US and China, and who now, more than a quarter-century out of office, remains a central player on the world stage, only recently voted the number one public intellectual of the 20th century.

Featuring previously unseen footage, newly declassified US government documents, and revealing interviews with key insiders to the events in question, The Trials of Henry Kissinger examines the charges facing him, shedding light on a career long shrouded in secrecy. In part, it explores how a young boy who fled Nazi Germany grew up to become one of the most powerful men in US history and now, in the autumn of his life, one of its most disputed figures.

It is at once an unauthorised biography and a look at the sparks that fly when an honoured American statesman is charged with war crimes. The film tackles the question of whether principals of international law applied by Americans to their enemies are applicable to Americans, or whether these laws are only written for the losers of conflicts.

The Trials of Henry Kissinger in the courts of law and public opinion will begin to answer this question.

By patrick on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

yeah i heard a blurb about that.

no one likes to think they are typical...but generally speaking spunk, you share the same opinions as the majority of the country and that of the current administration.

By Antigone on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 07:20 pm:

Kissinger testified before Congress today. He argued that we should go into Iraq now.

By Lambchop on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 09:40 am:

NewsMax.com Wires
    Friday, Sept. 27, 2002

Endless Yakking at the U.N. Continues

The White House said Thursday a U.N. resolution was still being discussed at the world body.

"It still is being discussed. Conversations are ongoing involving the United States and Britain, as well as our other allies on the Security Council," spokesman Ari Fleischer said. "And so conversations continue and we'll see what the exact timing is, but it's still on going.

This is "The Talk That Doesn't End"
    Yes it goes on, and on my friend
    Some people, started negotiating
    not knowing what it was
    Now they'll continue talking
    forever just because..."

By Noticer on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 11:28 am:

February 26, 1993
    Islamic attack on the World Trade Center

April 14. 1993
    Iraqi attempt to assassinate former President Bush

November 13, 1995
    Islamic attack on US military compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

June 25, 1996
    Islamic attack on US military's Khobar Towers housing facility, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

February 23, 1997
    Palestinian attack at the Empire State Building

November 12, 1997
    Islamic murder of US businessmen in Karachi, Pakistan

August 7, 1998
    Islamic attack on US Embassies in East Africa

October 12, 2000
    Islamic attack on a US naval vessel, the USS Cole

By semillama on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 11:50 am:

I "notice" that you use the word "Islamic" when
    you should use "terrorist"

Interesting.

By dave. on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 12:01 pm:

i think islamic is different from muslim. radical fundamentalism vs. mainstream.

By kazoo on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 12:04 pm:

no, it's not

ISLAM

Main Entry: Is·lam
    Pronunciation: is-'läm, iz-, -'lam, 'is-", 'iz-"
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Arabic islAm submission (to the will of God)
    Date: 1817
    1 : the religious faith of Muslims including belief in Allah as the sole deity and in Muhammad as his prophet
    2 a : the civilization erected upon Islamic faith b : the group of modern nations in which Islam is the dominant religion
    - Is·lam·ic /is-'lä-mik, iz-, -'la-/ adjective
    - Is·lam·ics /-miks/ noun plural but singular or plural in construction

By dave on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 12:51 pm:

i'm referring to how it's used today to differentiate between the radicals and the mainstream. the radicals are typically referred to as islamic fundamentalists and their radical activities described with the adjective 'islamic', while plain ol' muslims are simply muslim.

it's probably incorrect to define the differences that way but it seems like that's what's happening.

By The Watcher on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 01:08 pm:

We have to be careful of all fundamentalists.

They all go way to far in their religious ferver.

I saw a story on Worldnetdaily recently about a defrocked orthodox priest in the Republic of Georgia who has his followers attacking other christian churches and their members. Just because they were not Orthodox Christians. He claims they (the other churches) are working for Satan.

By kazoo on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 02:02 pm:

"it's probably incorrect to define the differences that way but it seems like that's what's happening."

yes, in the American media, which is why it is necessary to clarify the definitions from time to time. It's important to use terminology correctly, just as it is important to clarify when you are talking about fundamentalists and radicals.

By dave. on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 02:36 pm:

it's not that important.

By dave. on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 07:53 pm:

well, then. . .

By spunky on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 08:13 pm:

then what?

By Nate on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 08:56 pm:

you can bust a nut in english, but in spanish, where huevos are testicles, can you break an egg?

By Nate on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 09:01 pm:

rompa un huevo. bukake español.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact