Yes, Yes I am.

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: Yes, Yes I am.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:03 pm:

I did something very stupid last night.
    I left my wallet in the glove box of my car.
    I got in the car this morning, drove to the gas station, went in to prepay, and found I had lost my last few dollars. Upon further inspection of my wallet, I discovered my Driver's License and my Social Security Card and my ATM Card were missing, but my calling card and my USAF CAC (Common Access Card)were still in it.
    When I got back into my car, I found that my CDs that I had burned were gone, but the originals I had were still there.

By Spider on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:20 pm:

Uh-oh, Spunky...that's pretty creepy. Sorry to hear about that.

I did something stupid last night, too. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, flipping through a notebook with one hand, drinking a tall glass of Crystal Light in the other. Out of the corner of my eye, I see this bug crawl across my rug by the front door. Biggest bug I've ever seen in person outside of the zoo-- one of those weird ones that live in the area, that look like spiders with too many legs and antennae. Larger than a 50-cent piece....maybe 3 inches in diameter, if you count their leg span. They're really fast and they jump high, too.

So I become rather upset at the sight of the bug. I put the glass down on the floor (about 10 feet from the bug) and stare at it, wondering how I'm going to kill it when I don't have a broom and I can't step on it (because if it jumps out of the way and lands on me, I will JUST DIE.) So, as I said, I become rather upset.

Well, after a few misses (and a few minutes of whimpering), I manage to kill it with a phone book.

The stupid thing is this -- apparently in all the excitement I managed to SPILL MY GLASS OF BRIGHT RED STAINING LIQUID ALL OVER MY RUG. I didn't have any rug cleaner in the place, so I mixed a bucket of Dial soap and water and tried to scrub it over, but no dice!

I'm going to get some rug cleaner tonight, and I hope to God the stain comes out, or else I'll have to replace the rug, which could cost hundreds of dollars that I don't have.

By Dougie on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:28 pm:

Either that, or just SPILL ANOTHER GLASS OF BRIGHT RED STAINING LIQUID ALL OVER THE REST OF YOUR RUG and you're set with a BRIGHT RED RUG.

I also did a couple of stupid things yesterday. Number one was, my dog was somewhere in the back yard and I went to the driveway to call her to come around front. I was standing by the big oil stain in the driveway. She comes charging around the house at 900 MPH like she usually does, and I see her go right through the oil stain, and she jumps up on me as usual. One pair of khaki Dockers ruined.

Other dumb thing: while holding a cup of coffee in left hand sitting crossed legged on the floor playing tug of war with aforementioned dog, she loses grip of toy, sending me backwards into the chair. Coffee goes on already ruined Dockers, ruining them more and burning my leg. Stupid dog.

By J on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:09 pm:

Spot Shot will get that rug looking brand new,and coffee out of the carpet.

By J on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:10 pm:

Spot Shot will get that rug looking brand new.

By Spider on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:24 pm:

Do you think that scrubbing it with Dial made the stain set? That's my big worry.

I'll look for Spot Shot tonight.

By spunky on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:28 pm:

Eri has been using OxyClean on the "spots" left by a potty training toddler, a snobby cat who refuses to use a litter box more then once a changing, a cat who's ass hair is so long, she has "muffins" stuck to her ass, and a cat who can not handle anything other then Purina Adult Cat Chow.....

By spunky on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:30 pm:

There can be an untold amount of shit and puke on our carpet at any given moment. Especially in middle of the night when you are most prone to walk around barefoot.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 08:42 pm:

that's really gross. thanks for sharing.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 08:58 pm:

heh heh, of all the things that get shared here...

stupid thing i'm doing right now: not starting my problem set that's due tomorrow. this will cause problems.

By eri on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

It isn't as bad as he says. We have one cat that if you give him table food he pukes at night, but I have never woken up to step in it or anything like that. You just don't give him table food. We have one cat that is known for missing the litter box and we will see something in front of the litter box. I do use Oxyclean for that stuff and also Kool-Aid stains, soda stains, coffee stains, paint spills, whatever happens to land on the carpet. We have kids. Things spill, that's life, clean it up, you know? Not really all over the place, not a big deal, just an occasional inconvenience.

By Spider on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 01:39 pm:

My stain won't come out. :~( I tried Oxyclean on half of it and Spot Shot on the other half, and neither worked. I think I just let it sit for too long, and it's actually dyed the fabric now. It will be $750 to replace the carpet...better start saving. *sigh*

By J on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 01:57 pm:

Keep trying with the spot shot,get a white towell or wrag and put over the stain after you used the Spot Shot and keep blotting.

By patrick on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 02:21 pm:

"It will be $750 to replace the carpet...better start saving. *sigh*"

what????

its an apartment spider. apartments get natural wear and tear. chances are, they will replace the carpet after you leave anyway. Im assuming you have a year lease. you will aquire more stains.

Buy some good stain remover and don't worry about it.

Ive left all kinds of stains in apartments in the past (i.e. red wine, bong water, meow meow upchuck and more). I have never never been charged to replace carpet in the whole fucking place. I've been charged for cleaning...like $30 of something but thats it. I guarantee you, in our drunken stupor, weve done more damage than you have.

You could also pay for a steaming, those jobs do wonders you know.

But whatever you do, do NOT pay $750 for any carpet job unless its in a house you own. Thats foolish!

By Spider on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 02:47 pm:

This stain is huge, over a square foot in area. Hey, I'll keep trying to clean it, but I have to be prepared in case they want me to replace it when I move out. I certainly won't tell them about it until July.

By patrick on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 03:22 pm:

how old is the carpet? if you had to guess. was it brand new when you moved in?

Studio carpet for $750 is also absurd. Who told you that price? Don't tell me you called your landlord and asked them because you have a large stain.

By Spider on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

No, when I moved in, they gave me a list of all potential repairs that could be done when you moved out and how much you'd be charged for them. Cleaning would cost like $40. It's probably 5 years old.

This is the bug I saw.

By patrick on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 03:49 pm:

5 years? oh shit, dont worry about, and dont mention it when you leave. they will most likely replace it anyway. you shoudl really consider a steam job. i was impressed when we had that done recently.

I had tons of those crickets in my basement growing up. they're friendly.

By eri on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 04:32 pm:

I have only been charged for the stains in the carpet once and it was a bastard of a landlord who was looking for any possible reason to charge us for anything. Before we moved in the carpet was brand new. It was pieced together and white, so it definately had stains, though not what he charged us for. He was just an ass. Steam cleaners do amazing things. I have one that I own and use a couple of times a year and after I use them the carpet stains are MINIMAL at worst. Micki dumped bright red paint on the white carpet and the steam cleaner got about 98% of it up and in the end it didn't even look like a Kool-Aid stain. I would recommend renting a steam cleaner or borrowing one from someone you know. You may have to go over it and over it for like hours and hours, but it will slowly come up.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 04:34 pm:

Camel Cricket

That is a fine looking insect

By The Watcher on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 12:37 pm:

I've been scared of those little (not really so little) buggers my self.

Thanks for the link spider. At least now I know what they are.

By Spider on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 01:04 pm:

They look like BUGS OF DOOM to me. They do not look like cute harmless crickets....I would never have thought they were crickets if I didn't see that link.

They look like, if you let them, they surely would latch onto your skin, burrow inside you with their millions of jagged legs, and lay eggs in your lungs.

By Gee on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

this thread is rich with HORRIBLE HORRIBLE mental images.

thank you all, So Much!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact