california fucks itself.

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: california fucks itself.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By dave. on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 02:11 am:

folks, say hello to the future.

wave goodbye to one person, one vote. darrel issa and the republican party all stars just bought themselves a few million.

i'm jealous.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 04:32 am:

you should be jealous.

it is looking good that we're going to get the kindergarten cop as gub.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 09:45 am:

"They'll elect ANYONE governor in California."
    -Jesse Ventura

I guess you could have done worse though. Instead of Schwollenpecker, you could've had a Bush running. I mean, what's Neal doing nowadays besides banging Thai prostitutes?

By Rowlf on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 06:29 pm:

has he showed up to even one debate?

By patrick on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 06:53 pm:

who, Arnold?

yeah. And all the other canidates ripped him a new asshole.

and then all of a sudden his ratings surged.

go fuckin figure.

By TBpme on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

Maybe they felt sorry for the big stupid man.

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 10:04 am:

well, at least it proves that California isn't just composed of hippies and liberals.

By Nate on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 04:02 pm:

either that or it proves hippies and liberals are fickle.

By wisper on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

or hillarious!

By Nate on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 08:11 pm:

ironical strategeryers!

By Sarah on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 09:55 pm:

moveon.org sent me a terribly insulting email with subject "Schwartzenegar abuses women".

By agatha on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 11:31 am:

Yeah, I got that too.

How was it insulting? To you, or to him?

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 11:52 am:

i got that as well.

I would think that they would send that to only California voters, you know.

oh well. Moveon, I get their stuff but I haven't really seen much of what they have actually done. I like True Majority better. They still have a sense of humor. For example, they are raising funds to have a statue of Bush with his pants on fire erected on a flatbed and hauled across the country. I like that sort of thing.

By patrick on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 01:04 pm:

fuck that.

thats absurd.

whats next...."Arnold sleeps with German sheppards?"

There may be inkling of truth, but thats pathetic that when the media failed to make a big 6 ft 250lb dumbass with a funny accent who wouldnt know politics and government if cockslapped him in the face look like a uhhh....6ft, 250lb dumbass with a funny accent who wouldn't know government and politics if it cock-slapped him in the face.

they fucked up. they let him. they havent grilled him like he should have been grilled. he should have been isolated on the issues. that alone would have discredited him incredibly. now they are resporting to this sensational shit?

gimme a break.

and pass the valium.

By dave. on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 01:20 pm:

doesn't it just take the wind out of your sails to know that, no matter what you do or say, arnold schwarzeneggar is going to be setting california state policy in a few short days?

arnold schwarzeneggar.

arnold.

schwarzeneggar.

yup. that guy.

the legislator.

By patrick on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

i know.

i came to that conclusion last week.

im resigned to it, and an increase in my narcotic intake.

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

what's next? arnold loves hitler.

i'm stoked on gub'nuh hitler. er, arnold. i think it is hilarious and fitting of american politics.

the next dark age has begun.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:49 pm:

I am afraid I agree.

What's hysterical is that Arnold is essentially...Bill Clinton.

Except without the education.

And pot belly.

and probably something else.

By spunky on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:59 pm:

what's that, a gay wife?

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 03:45 pm:

who are you referring to, Schwarzenegger or CLinton?

Are you using the term "gay" as a derogatory statement to imply that "gay" is something negative?

By kazu on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 03:47 pm:

or that Hillary tends toward frolicking in green fields picking wild flowers?

By Spider on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

Well, I think it would be negative for the husband....but neither Hillary nor Maria Shriver is gay, so that's just a retarded thing to say.

By spunky on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 03:56 pm:

hell, that's an OLD joke, spidey

By Spider on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 04:09 pm:

Doesn't make it any less retarded.

By spunky on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

not anymore then saying arnie winning the cal-gub is bringing on the dark ages.

By patrick on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

its lost on you.

its not a joke to say we are entering a dark age. its not comedy.

i can't really explain to you why thats more poignant than calling Mrs Clinton a lezbo, its something thats understood, without explanation, at least to many.

By spunky on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 04:52 pm:

patrick, i am really glad we are not in "meatspace" because I have utterly HAD IT with your questioning my intelligence or ability to see things because I don't agree with your screwed up view of reality.

By patrick on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

i dont think has much to do with your intelligence nor did I imply that it does.

i just think you keep the blinders on. You choose to see only what you want to see. You arent very open minded. I don't think being open minded has a thing to do with intelligence.

nate's statement is more of a metaphorical outlook to the state of world (or maybe he had one bong load too much this morning, or maybe he was referring to an approaching storm). where as your statement is more of Howard Stern type of comment, while may have its place, its still, you know, playground fodder.

Thus retarded.

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

arnold being elected governor is symptom of the coming dark ages.

if anything, i'd say television is bringing it on.

a shift of values from intellectual pursuits.

the meaningless arguments over meaningless things while in the backrooms the world is being controled by the few and powerful.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

And their gay wives, apparently.

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 05:21 pm:

heh.

By spunky on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:08 pm:

Did you know that bill is sterile? has been all his life from mumps as a child.

So, was chelsea adopted?

By Rowlf on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:11 pm:

Elizabeth Dole's a drag king.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:51 pm:

There you go again spunky. How do you know Bill Clinton is sterile? The only reference to that is from the allegations made by Juanita Broaderick. and let me just repeat the word "allegations" again.

I mean, you and your fellow conservatives complain and whine all the time about how much we "liberals" hate Bush so, but seemingly are oblivious to the sheer burning mass of hatred your folks dumped on the Clintons for eights years, so huge if it were an energy source you could power NYC for twenty years and have more to spare. I mean, talk about double standards - here you try and pick apart legitimate beefs with the resident and you've twice in two days posted things about Clinton that you can't back up. Give it a rest. He's NOT PRESIDENT ANYMORE. He can't be president again. Focus on the current problems.

By 8 on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 09:13 pm:

HEY I FUCK MYSELF TOOO

By spunky on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 11:04 pm:

i am, you have lost focus.

By 8 on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 01:19 am:

NO YOU ARE

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact