Have you hurt yourself recently? I have, and it HURT.

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: Have you hurt yourself recently? I have, and it HURT.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 11:59 am:

A few days ago I decided to ride my favorite horse, Hawk, who I have just taken out of race training.It seemed like a good plan at the time.(but it wasn't)

I brought him home to the farm, and have him in a small paddock with his own stall, so he can come in and out as he pleases, so he can calm down from being in race training.

Got a wild hair, grabbed a stock saddle and bridle, and thank goodness had enough sense to put my riding helmet on.

Tacked him in his stall, the barn has a REALLY low roof,(which should have been my clue that this wasn't a good idea), used the side of the stall to climb a couple of boards, so I could reach a stirrup, clumsily mounted him, but before I could get settled in the saddle, he darted out the stall door,(which is what a race horse is trained to do),
    Kwack! my head hit the even lower piece of wood at his stall entrance, I was layed out flat on his back, which scared him, so he ran faster and I tumbled kinda somersault style,(but not in the graceful style),off of his back end into a big pile of mud/chaff which fortunately was kinda soft.

After composing myself, I realized plan A didn't work so well and determined it was best to move on to plan B. This consisted of standing on a five gallon bucket, so I could reach the stirrup, which went well, untill I got on his back and he started to take off, and tripped on the five gallon bucket which scared him,(and me),because it made a lot of scary rattley noise, he started bucking and made a run right for the same low stall I thought I had cleverly avoided, by mounting him outside.

Kwack! Same thing, layed me out flat and I somersaulted off his rump again, in the same soft mud/chaff.(thats the best part of the story, that at least I landed in a rather soft area.)

There was no plan C. I just went and sat on the bucket for awhile, and kinda licked my wounds. Got pretty bruised up, got a few scratches, and my pride was damaged. I don't think it knocked any sense into me though, cause as soon as I'm not so sore, I'll come up with a plan C and a D if needed.

Have any of you been hurt doing something stupid?

By Gee on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 01:33 pm:

does falling in love count?

By wisper on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 10:07 pm:

You may recall that around this very date two years ago, i broke a toe due to chocolate.
    Not just any chocolate, Turtles!

here is my post from back then:

i had just got myself a fresh box of Turtles, sweet of sweets, which i got for $2 off regular price after calling Nestle (but that's another story). Delicious as they are, I ran down the stairs to my room to get some, singing a little song about how good Turtles are and how happy i was to have some. I was still going full speed, and i didn't notice that portfolio case #4 had slid from it's place against a wall and into the path to said yummy treats, so i ran/kicked right into the side seam of it with my bare foot. It didn't seem like that much of a blow, but it slowed my sprint for the chocolate....momentarily.
    I hopped around on one foot, swearing loudly, but then it was right back to chocolate induced running and singing.

The moral of the story is-
    Turtles are damn good.

It was worth it, but my toe is still a little crooked.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact