on the 12th day of christmas....my true love gave to me

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: on the 12th day of christmas....my true love gave to me
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 07:15 pm:

a trip to the hospital ed.

Yup moonit got drunk and fell through a window (due to some stupid bastard). My arms are a wreck, I'm sore and grumpy and I have the hangover from hell. I even drank coffee (I rarely drink coffee).

There's a hole the size of a five cent piece in my left thumb, a massive hole in my right arm along with cuts and scratches and bruising. I've also got a 1/2 cm gash in my right wrist thats taped up with plastic stitches and I had to have a tetnus shot.

My new jeans are covered in blood and fucking egg whites (it was a dessert window related incident) and Andrew is threatning to kill one of our so called friends who started the whole fight.

On the plus side I got a photo of the massivest boobies ever which I will post later :)

I got some awesome xmas presents this morning including Darth Vader Potato Head. I love the pandyr.

Merry Xmas everyone :)

ps no more margaritas and aftershock shots ever.

By wisper on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 08:38 pm:

oh my god, moonit, i hope you're okay!
    that's one heck of a shit way to start xmas.

By moonit on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 01:00 am:

:0 thanks Wisper. the Pandyr bought me reeses so I am super happy now. Thanks Painkillers and chocolate. WOOOOH!

By droopy on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 01:15 am:

well, moonit - at least you have your big drunk story. good to know you're doing well.

i'm sick, dammit. but i'm still drinking.

i hope these massive breasts you speak of are yours.

By platypus on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 01:49 am:

Wow, Moonit. Merry Christmas?

I had a lot of beer tonight. Maybe that wasn't terribly wise. I don't remember having French doors.

By moonit on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 04:03 am:

I had to have a tetnus shot. Those things hurt like a motherfucker.

Good news, we got all the blood and dessert out of my brand new jeans. Hurrah!

By semillama on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 05:40 pm:

Could've been worse. A co-worker fell through a window recently, and had to have surgery to repair the tendons and nerves in his right hand. He can move his fingers now, but still can't feel them.
    My christmas is not so eventful. Dinner soon!

By wisper on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 07:15 pm:

i love my new Silpat, but wtf am i supposed to do with a humidifier?
    wtf?

also- Sea Monkies!

By TBone on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 10:07 pm:

I've been sick with the nastiest damn cold for days now. Christmas is only slightly better than the past few days.

Injury would suck worse though. Ouch.

I got a marshmellow shooter, caffeinated lip balm, Zip-It Socks (socks with a zippered compartment), and a red Swingline stapler.

By platypus on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 12:01 am:

Someone's been shopping on thinkgeek.

By Wisper on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 03:46 am:

.....can i borrow your stapler?

By lapis on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 07:15 pm:

Rrrrrrrrrainpants!

Pocket socks? Hells yeah.

My cousin had an episode on Christmas Eve and spent his holiday in a mental ward. He's still there.

There was also a shark attack (Great White) off the Oregon coast on Saturday.

By dave. on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 04:56 am:

we ditched the fam this year and spent the weekend here:

http://www.treehouses.com/treehouse/treesort/prclst.html

we stayed in "the suite", which was pretty sweet. the owner and architect is an alleged ex-hippie who allegedly doesn't allow government folks on his property and was pretty cool, even if not very talkative. his treehouses and catwalks and stuff speak for him. the place was a bit neglected due to the season, muddy and littered with tree branches and other storm-related mess but the lodgings were very nice overall.

long ass drive, though. it's about 1 - 2 miles from the oregon/california border, near the oregon caves. i drove 550 miles today, with 4 adults and 2 kids in the minivan. tired.

agatha may have more to say about it. probably tell you about the dogs and the carniceria in eugene and the inappropriate mystery book on cd.

By TBone on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 01:07 pm:

I - I believe you have my stapler.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, Lapis. I hope he's alright.

The Treesort looks pretty cool.

By platypus on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 02:43 am:

The treesort does, in fact, look awesome. I want to go check it out now.

Sorabjifest 2006?

By agatha on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 10:46 pm:

OH YEAH, BAYBEE! I will tell more stories about this when I'm not being lazy and reading this bad mystery novel. We had a good time.

By kazu on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 11:21 pm:

what novel? I got a mystery novel for christmas.

i can't wait to read it

By platypus on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 03:14 pm:

I'm re-reading "The Deptford Trilogy" right now, and am being reminded of why I love Robertson Davies.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 09:23 pm:

Holy shit, moonit! Get well soon. Reminds me of the time I had a chairleg shoved three inches into my back. Bloody as all getout.

And, on a lighter note, I bought an engagement ring today. :)

By TBone on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 11:42 pm:

WooHoo! Go Antigone!

By agatha on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 12:38 am:

Don't just slip that in all slylike, you bastard!

Congratulations! I would recommend you just shack up and give her the ring, but then you wouldn't get no presents.

By platypus on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 02:57 am:

Good God, this is turning into the year of Sorabjiite proposals/weddings. I feel so out of style!

Congratulations! And post your damn gift registry so I can buy you something wierd like a melon baller, and every time you use it, you will think of monotremes.

By droopy on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 04:52 am:

antigone, are you insane!

whoops...i mean...

congratulations.

(the last two texas wedddings i've been to were in the summer. don't do that; it's insane and they end in heartbreak. spring's a good choice.)

By wisper on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 03:09 pm:

you people and your rings.
    good god.

By moonit on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 05:09 pm:

Go Tiggy :)

You know I may have the ring, but the minute I say anything begining with we or mar he puts his fingers in his ears and does the lalalalala thing.

Okay not really, but close.

I took bandages off yesterday. Not as bad as I expected but I will scar.

Really I was fucking lucky to not have hurt myself seriously.

By agatha on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 02:34 pm:

I'm glad you're okay, Moonit (you freak).

This is the only thread I'm reading today. Jack, if that's really you taunting V on the other threads, stop the madness for crying out loud!!!

By jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 03:07 pm:

happy new year, dave. and agatha!

By jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 04:04 pm:

happy new year, moonit!

By kazu on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 04:21 pm:

happynewyear.

glad you're doing better

scars are cool

By droopy on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 06:57 pm:

happy new year, all.

it's also my sister's (j-yoe's) birthday.

i can see jack and v are having a private party tonight.

By jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 06:59 pm:

oh, you're invited, droopski...happy new year!

By agatha on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:17 pm:

I know! Why are you encouraging him, Jack?

It was really sad when he posted to say that he was having a party with 25 people right at that very moment. Sad, sad, sadly sad man.

I'm going to an all ages show tonight, whut?!

By agatha on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:18 pm:

Oh, and the book. I've been on a Lawrence Block binge. Bad, yet satisfying.

By jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:20 pm:

will your rock star daughter be performing?

By jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:21 pm:

hey! i thought you weren't reading the other threads!

By agatha on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:22 pm:

Oh, and the treehouse. This is an email I sent to my brothers and sisters. Dave's going to be mad, he hates it when I "talk about him." (?)

Okay, the treehouse. The treehouses were way up by the California border in Tecumseh, Oregon. It was a big hippy town. The owner of the treehouses had a drawn out battle with the county about getting his treehouses permitted and such- the county didn't want him to let people stay in the treehouses because they were concerned about the stability of the structures. The owner eventually won when the county acknowledged that the structures were probably sturdier than their own homes. I couldn't believe how nicely made they were. He hired some amazingly fine carpenters to make these things, and the attention to detail on the insides was crazy. Every square inch of the houses, both inside and out, seemed really intentional. It really made me want to build a treehouse of my own, but of course that would be an absolute disaster so it's best not to think about it.

We went up with our friends Shannon and Vaughn, and their son Austin who is Cleo's oldest buddy. Baxter, their three legged fox terrier, was also in attendance. We didn't have enough room for Truck, so he stayed home and Cleo's friend Siobhan came a couple of times a day and fed the animals. We stayed in one called the suite that had a small living room area with a full size futon sofa, kitchen area with table and chairs and a fridge and a microwave, a separate bedroom with a queen sized bed, and a loft space with room for probably three kids to sleep comfortably. (http://www.treehouses.com/treehouse/treesort/prclst.html)

We got to poke around in the other treehouses that evening because nobody else was checking in until Christmas day. They were all really great, but I'd like to go back and stay in the Treezebo or the Forestree in the summer. They are REALLY high up off the ground, and had a spectacular view. The suite was by far the most deluxe, but in the summer I think it would be fun to go with a bunch of people and rough it a little more.

The owner had five dogs, and two of them (Ginger the elkhound and Tank the jack russell terrier) spent the majority of their time in our treehouse while we were there. I think I was Tank's favorite, and he slept on the bed all cuddled up to me. SO CUTE was this dog, you wouldn't believe it. There were signs all over not to feed the dogs human food, but of course they all got a bit of ham by the end of the trip. Ginger was a master beggar, and it was impossible to ignore her mad wily begging skillz. There were horses and chickens and crazy rope swings all over the place. There was also a zip line that we didn't get to go on because it was kind of rainy out, but it is probably a half mile long. We'll check that out the next time around.

It took us about 6 or 7 hours to get there with a few stops. We went to this awesome carniceria (meat store?) where they had a really good mexican food stand inside the store. We stopped there on the way home too, and I bought a bunch of food and spices to take home.

On Christmas eve, we played a lot of cranium and scrabble. Cleo and Austin ran wild and played on the rope swings until Austin fell and hurt his back. He was milking it pretty heavily, but he seemed miraculously recovered on Christmas morning at 7 am. I tried to get them to go back to sleep, but of course had no luck.

Cleo gave Vaughn a fake gold tooth with a diamond in it, and I gave him a tshirt that said "reading is sexy." Cleo got some non-sweatshop shoes and a sweatshirt and a lot of books, and a bike, and a whole bunch of other stuff because she's totally spoiled. Shannon made us all tshirts and sweatshirts with "the vera project" silkscreens on them. The vera project is an organization that has all ages non-alcoholic rock shows in Seattle, and Shannon is the director there. http://www.theveraproject.org/
    Austin got a whole bunch of stuff because he's also spoiled rotten, including a ski mask with a unibrow drawn on to it (Vaughn has a major unibrow, and Austin is starting to grow one to rival his dad's). I got him a pez mp3 player that he was very excited about. I gave Shannon a really nice scrabble game in a wood cabinet because she's a scrabble fanatic. Dave got me a really nice down coat from LLbean. I got Dave a leather barcalounger recliner because he'd been commenting on how he wanted one for two years. It was really expensive, and I bought it on credit which I'm sure I'm going to regret. Cleo got Dave a "you know you're a redneck when..." tear off calendar, with a different redneck joke every day. She knit me a really cute hat. I know that reminded you all about the cat hats, so just cut it out.

For Christmas, we used the grill to make a ham, and I used a combination of crock pots and electric frying pans to make black eyed peas, sweet potatoes with oranges and honey, and collard greens. It all came out to be quite delicious, and Dave was really proud of his grilled ham. We hung out around a fire at night and toasted marshmallows after it got dark. Dave and Vaughn got drunk on Maker's Mark after we all went to bed and played drunken scrabble into the wee hours. I heard one of them shout out "you spelled gay-sack!" somewhere around three AM, but there was denial of this in the morning when we woke up. Vaughn also burst into a riverdance at several points throughout the trip, and I suspect he did quite a bit of riverdancing that evening.

By agatha on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:25 pm:

Oh my god! My computer is totally exploding!

I'm not reading the other posts. Really. Except the one.

By Jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:05 pm:

On the tenth day of Christmas,I want ten naked boys.

By jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:18 pm:

good luck with that, dopey.

By moonit on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 09:43 pm:

oh Lawrence Block. I like those. I am on a Robert B Parker binge. Although I just finished the last one I bought, so I may have to go back to Borders for more :)

Happy New Year :)

By platypus on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 10:00 pm:

Hey no fair we get new year later than you!

By moonit on Monday, January 2, 2006 - 05:12 pm:

I know :) I was drunk and playing Buzz. It was hilarious.

By sarah on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 - 05:58 pm:

cleo! my god, i feel like i've been away forever. how old is she now, like 17?

moonit, sorry to hear about you falling into glass, but on the bright side, at least there was dessert on the other side of it, and not, say, a house of snakes or a 10-story fall. are you healing up okay?

this holiday the dogs got dave and i a brand new dirt devil vaccuum cleaner, since we have to vaccuum 2x a week and literally fried our old one right before i left for hawaii.

we got the dogs a lint roller and are trying to teach them how to use it. i got dave an unabridged dictionary and he got me a clip-on book reading led light.

By moonit on Thursday, January 5, 2006 - 01:28 am:

Hey its Sarah!

Yeah mate, am healing alright, can lean on my arm again woooh!

I thought you only had Leroy - did you get another puppy??

I got a new job, start on the 20th. YAY

By droopy on Friday, January 6, 2006 - 01:26 am:

hi sarah.

ah, moonit.

i heard an old country song last night that made me think of you: "we have a right to live it up, but can we live it down".

love.

By moonit on Friday, January 6, 2006 - 01:50 am:

you know Dr Oop, I don't think I can. everyone thinks its hilarious I fell through a door.

By droopy on Friday, January 6, 2006 - 02:47 am:

i don't think it is at all hilarious. maybe slightly funny, but in a lovin' sort of way.

by the way, i'm still waiting for the massive boobies.

By sarah on Friday, January 6, 2006 - 12:00 pm:

hi droop. i've missed you a lot.

By droopy on Saturday, January 7, 2006 - 02:29 am:

hi sarah. missed you, too.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact