happyNew Year

sorabji.com: Drunken Ramblings: happyNew Year
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit mel meow on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 03:48 am:

Because I'm a day ahead I get to say it frist. nah nah nah.

we have people over. i made a nasty chocolate thing, it had kahula, bailes, coffee liquear, peppermint stuff, milk, three flake bars and milk and ice in it. mmm. mmm..

i cant find any shotter recipies. i probably shouldnt drink no more anyhho.

happy new year peoples

m

By dave. on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 03:55 am:

what is it with you amateurs and your drunken typos?

AMATEURS!

happy new year.

By moonit on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

oh. man.

i was looking for shooter! mixes.

someone passed out. (not me)

while we waited for the passed out persons ride to show we watched footloose on tv. I never noticed before how they dont seem to dance in time to the music. wierd.

theres nothing wrong with drunken typos. My kitchen is disgusting, and surprisingly my head only hurts a little.

I got up and all the crashers had gone except one.

I need food.

By moonit on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 06:05 pm:

Oh and my nasty chocolate thing should read:

10 nips Kahlua
    2 nips Peppermint liquer
    2 nips Baileys
    3 flake bars
    1c milk
    ice

Blend, blend blend.

Walk round with the jug and shot glasses and serve.

Scull, wait five minutes and serve again.

Repeat until the jug is empty.

By Antigone on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 07:30 pm:

Replace "nips" with "pints." Repeat.

By dave. on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 07:36 pm:

replace peppermint liqueur with rumplemintz.

By Sugar Shannon on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 07:54 pm:

"Aw I can't think of anything right now.". . .
    (i am transposing for the drunken rambler)
    can you identify withthis?
    (come on now0 "Wait now let me think. . . .""let me get my cigarettes first"
    Taalk to me.

happy new year, the reel millenimum!

By Marie laveauso on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 08:04 pm:

Yes we are in New Orleans.. . . . the cloud formations were beautiful today. .. .
    any comments. . . ?
    weather people don't work. . . and they dont!

By moonit on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 09:17 pm:

rumplemintz?

rumplemintz?

By Antigone on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 09:32 pm:

By AGATHA on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 10:43 pm:

it's ten til eight and there's one customer that won't leave. i should go over there and tell her she can have everything for free if she leaves now. i've got shit to do, lady.

my boss just shut the lights off.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

By crimson on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 11:05 pm:

siting here w/ pug & pilate. we're at pug's place. we just got him online. his very own computer & everything.

tell the nice people how you're feeling, mr. puggins:
    ---------
    PUG: I love you, I'm not gonna crack.....
    Happy Gnu Year. I'll soon be a painfully prevalent fixture in your lives......woe is the day, Mofo.
    Pilate's got some disgusting sexual act going on my couch. Now here he is to tell you all what you've won.

---------
    PILATE: You've just won a piece of my throbbing dick, ladies and gents. Thank you and goodnight.

By crimson and crew on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 12:02 am:

well, it's official...HAPPY NEW YEAR!

& now a word from mr. pug:

--------
    Well, for alla youse in eastwern time, anyway.....What a waste of my life. I hate everything!!!!!!!!

Your friend, Tha Pug
    -------
    yeah. it's new year's on the east coast. for those of us trapped in the central time zone, we're still hanging out in a different year.
    -------
    PILATE: Yeah. Which means that there's still time to get laid this year. Better get cracking. Pardon the pun.
    -------
    Love you all. Etcetera. Abandon the creeping meatball.

By droopy on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 12:54 am:

it's the new year in my time zone.

fuck the new year.

By crimson on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 01:06 am:

yep. it's new year's here now, finally.

funny. it feels just like the old year, somehow.

the gathering has moved to my place. we walked home from pug's place through the snow. it's cold as the balls on a brass monkey out there. holy shit, i nearly froze solid.

now we're cooking dinner & watching a movie (dolemite). also listening to something or another by iggy pop. i'm getting toasted. we'll be shooting some film tonight.

By Maggie on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 01:24 am:

this year will be different than any other in a very big way

life is too short

major changes are about to happen

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom, is just another word for nothing left to lose

By semillama on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 01:41 am:

Freedom is just another superstition.

I forgot to mention the best part of the night in my WAYD post:

The girl who gave me the accidental kiss also was awesome enough to load up the juke box with tunes by the Pixies, Jane's Addiction, and James Brown, so they would be playing up to and after the stroke of midnight.

By Nelly on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 01:48 am:

sitting here with cold cold feet
    after a wild night of strange satisfactions
    sipping a little Harveys and
    getting ready to savor my victory in 2001
    not much good at that, mainly through lack of
    practice, but planning to get better

By Sorabji on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 02:10 am:

huosdhfui hsudf hu9-e fhspd fhjks 8u9s-f h9u-2 rbjkla sbnk bnc ,c bw pfg2u8-r bs dfbnms bnm, f[ wye98f skld fbh ksdbndkf2gu84-62379hwjl fbnmdksl fksnldfguiwpe rt892=43tr89=2fjksl bnbjkl weguifp wt7-98f gswmfsbn fbksl i[s id=-f sldf sbhl fdbfljks dbhufbiw egr78idp fgu8dsfbsjkldbjkf lsdhufi-std7e8r-t24rbhs ldbfn-23 gr8wy gs efbhsl dbgf sgyu8f- sd89f 0hsu8d-f hsu-98d yr834 hjifsdnkmlbjksp dgf-0disg pbupsdbipu-s y298r8243 824 24 24 24 2 jdsfk lbnvkl bvljd bjskvpjpwfguie-0ft7we5624353245sd98f-sdfbjskl dbn , sdufipsgduf8-stdgfsb smn sd8f gs8-fdsbkl snbm suid sdf98s dbj4 2893-r wf bnsdbmsdbnkflwbsu8r-24t8r7nms bnm bus

By Antigone on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 03:41 am:

rot13?

By Antigone on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 03:42 am:

Should I whip out the histograms, or is there any
    point?

By Tom on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 04:43 am:

a strange night here in SF, sadly lacking in satisfactions.

I'm here in a hostel, surrounded by happy noisy travellers. My people. and I just can't get into it. My mind is on the girl I'm here with, and the sad obviousness of the "it's not gonna happen." *shrug*.

There was a nice fireworks display down on the Embarcadero. The bastard cops took our Champagne away, just for walking down the street while drinking it... we also got busted for going down into the BART station. We were told it was free tonight, then when we entered, someone screamed at us that we hadn't shown our passes. I don't get it.

Damn. I hate getting my hopes up.

G'night, ladies and gents. Happy 2001.

By crimson on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 05:19 am:

just taped a bunch of weirdness w/ pug. now he's sitting here downing a bunch of malt liquor while pilate lies on the couch. pilate has been a perfect drunken beast tonight. all horny & happy & wonderful. he gave me a lap dance, for chrissakes, & the boy's good. pilate's gotta be massively drunk before he busts a move.

i ended up playing some guitar tonight. i've been cranking out a lot of songs lately, which is a good thing. i've even made my first major attempt at a jazz piece, which i've started on bass.

i should be writing or playing music or doing something creative right now. but i'm just sitting here typing, instead.

emerson, lake & palmer is playing in the background while pilate's man lies down on top of him to snuggle on the couch. very sensuous. pug's watching an abbot & costello movie. i'm aimlessly horny, unusually jovial, & wanting to write music. so i think i will.

By crimson on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 08:17 am:

me again. now i'm really bent. & alone. holy crap, the sun's coming up. i don't want it to. i can't even imagine dealing w/ light right now.

the first dawn of the new year & it's gonna hurt like a bitch.

my mind is racing in so many directions. i want to write, but i can't focus at all. maybe i'd better stick to music.

or go out & get laid by a musician.

something.

i'm in the mood to completely immerse myself in sleaze. i wish i could just wander anonymously through the streets of some major city & get myself in as much trouble as humanly possible. i have a talent for that sort of thing.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 11:51 am:

Hey Scully, the world didn't end.

By sarah on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 04:57 pm:

happy new year to all you beautiful sorabjiites. hope everyone can use the new year to recover from last year. boy am i glad that's over.

love you all. really.

By Chordata on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 06:09 pm:

happy fuckin' new millennium!

i woke up with a cold.

tom: it was muni that was free all night, not bart. bart was $5 all night. sorry the fuckin' cops had to bust your ass. san francisco doesn't have a lot of crime, so the cops get pretty bored. i guess the fuckin' bart operators are pretty bored bitter assholes on new year's, too. there are signs all over bart now begging people not to assault the station operators. that's pretty funny shit.

i am going to try to make a television work now. i have not had a teevee for a long time. but today i am sick and my boyfriend is 6 hrs away, so i think i will try to blow dry this b&w 5" screen tv and get some entertainment (it has been living outside in the rain for about 6 months. pray that i do not electrocute myself).

By Isolde on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 09:34 pm:

I was on a friend's porch, helping a former teetotaler to the dark side via large martinis. It was a great goodness. Made out with someone else, went home.
    Why the fuck did I do that?
    I'm getting a piercing tommorrow, I've decided...where should it go?

By wisper on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 05:34 am:

get yer lip done Isolde, it doesn't hurt
    .......no, i'm serious.

i rang in the new year the "old fashioned way"

wisper's recipe to a good new years eve:
    1 wisper (me)
    1 significant other
    1 bottle of Bailey's
    1 house, empty of roommates
    1 pack of condoms
    0 items of clothing
    -----
    = happy happy happy *HAPPY* new year

fuck yeah.

By Trace on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 06:58 am:

Happy 21st century you all.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

this was the quietest new years i think i have ever had this side of 10 years old. last year i was completely smoked-coked-mushroomed-valiumed-lushed out in big bear california waiting for the world to end, the previous year on a subway in NYC on the some brudeg crossing into the lower east side, with a car to the 12 of us, with beer, smokes and a grabby wife, the year prior, i was puking off someone's back patio in san fran thinking i shouldnt have eaten their mushrooms...

this year, i was at a friends house within walking distance, contemplating having children and thinking the last sex i had of 2000 was wayyyyy to short.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 03:13 pm:

I was sober the whole time. That hasn't happened in a while. I was also surrounded by people and by myself at the same time, which isn't anything new.

By TOM on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

Hrm. Back from SF now. Feeling like a real whiney bitch for that previous post.

I had alot of fun in San Francisco. Got to go lay on the grass on the Berkeley campus. My god, it felt like summer! Incredible. I did all of the touristy things: Pier 39, and, um... no, I guess that was it. Nevermind. We just walked around for ages. The hostellers remained scary and foreign. I left my towel in San Francisco! Sing it!

Yeah. Had a total blast, actually. I was just tired and drunk and horny the first post. I remained tired and drunk and horny throughout my stay, but managed to make the best of it. We danced in the BART station, just for a moment...

the trip was: Like the tale of an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I found my appetite, though. I was eating constantly. was nice. Wasted lots of money. Because the champagne got snagged, we went out the night of the first and got DESTROYED, thanks to Long Island Ice Tea and rum and coke. it was my first Long Island (and my second.) Very good, but the bartender had an incredibly loose hand. The rum and cokes were the color of vaguely dirty water. If I hadn't already been sloshed, they'd've been deadly. The bartender was an asshole. Not surprisingly, his name was Tom. Well, tommy.

I like airports. Once again, I miss being on the road. farg. Maybe Chicago next?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact