Petrified of death...

sorabji.com: Drunken Ramblings: Petrified of death...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Dani on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 03:08 am:

Yup, I'm drunk and I have some feelings that need to come out. I cant display my feelings at home because it just aint appropriate.
    My spelling sucks I know...but I just feel the need to talk...
    Being that FB'S wife came and told everyone that he had passed away, I just feel the need to say some things.
    I have been posting here for about 5 years now and it really hasnt been pleasent.
    Mostly my fault. But I want to say a few things...because no one will ever post here if I die because no one knows I come here.
    I have been thinking alot lately about people dying...unexpectantly...
    If I die tomorrow, there are some things I want you people to know. Not that you care but what the hell...
    first, I totally respect Kelsey and Dave...they have raised Cleo and have done a really good job...so I can tell by their posts.
    I also have great respect for Nate...I used to have really great talks with him and I would wish him the best.
    And Heather...we have more or less been mean to each other but I truly like you as a person.
    And Patty.....what can I say. I have "hated" you from day one but not really. I think your a good guy and I wish you tons of success.
    Eri and Trace...we clashed sometimes but I always respected your family values.
    Antigone and Sem...I have enjoyed your posts for the last few years and really liked the both of you.
    Spider, Sarah, you both rock.
    And to my very good friend, Jim aka pajama boy...I love you and I will remember you for the laughs and the good times.
    Shelia...take care of those ducks and keep posting your new events.
    And to everyone else, I enjoyed your thoughts...

I only posted this in case I should ever die..

I have a few secrets to confess...I always felt really bad when Kelsey and I used to say horrible things to each other.
    And I always felt really bad when Heather and Nate and I said mean things to each other.
    And I cant forget Dougie........I always liked you...even though we were mean to one another. Good luck with your marriage and your life.
    To J and CZ...I love you girls to pieces. May good times be with you all.

If I dont die soon, please disreguard this entire post.

But if I do die, please know that I meant every word of it.
    I really do care for all of you.

And you know what? I'll bet none of you care what I just said and I dont blame you....but I meant every word.

By moonit on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 03:18 am:

*sniffle* where's my little bit of happy dami~love.

God I am fucked off with my flatmates.

By semillama on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 09:23 am:

That's really nice Dani. It's appreciated.

By agatha on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 11:49 am:

i felt bad, too.

thanks, dani. (i knew you had some sugar underneath all those spikes...)

By Dougie on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

Thanks Dani. I've always liked you too, even while we were verbally sparring, but your post is a little worrying -- you're not thinking of doing anything silly are you?

By J on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 12:54 pm:

Thanks Dani:) I care.

By eri on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 02:16 pm:

I am sorry I haven't posted, but I genuinely don't know what to say. I mean, it was really nice, but it just seems weird. I don't want to think about another sorbjite dying.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 05:53 pm:

Dani, are you still with us?

By eri on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 06:57 pm:

Come to think of it, I don't think any of us have heard from her since she wrote this.

By semillama on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 09:58 am:

Don't even start.

By agatha on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 11:48 am:

oh, please. you all know dani better than that. being a quitter is not one of her flaws.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 06:41 pm:

Ok, anybody heard from Dani? It's been over a week since she posted.

By eri on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 09:38 pm:

Haven't heard a thing. Seems weird. Maybe if we say something really rude about her she will say something. Maybe she is trying to mess with our heads. Maybe she is picking poppies in Peru.

By Dani on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

Hell no, I aint going away that easily.

In my drunken state, I just wanted you all to know that if I do croak soon, I love ya's.

Hey, maybe someone can tell me what this shit is all about.
    I havent checked e-mail lately so when I did this morning, I got all this shit about my e-mails containing viruses. Here is what they said:
    Incident Information:-

Originator: Members-owner@mail.kanakaris.com
    Recipients: members@cinemapop.com
    Subject: A WinXP patch

WARNING: The file border.exe you received was infected with the
    W32/Klez.h@MM virus. The file attachment was not successfully cleaned.

Here's another one:

Antigen for Exchange found Unknown infected with VIRUS= HTML.MimeExploit
    (CA(Vet)) virus.
    The file is currently Removed. The message, "A WinXP patch", was
    sent from milan_phadnis and was discovered in IMC Queues\Inbound
    located at International Shipholding/NOLA/ISCNT-05.

Then I noticed that I had an e-mail with the subject of " WinXPpatch" that had an attachment.
    I of course was scared shit to open it so I just deleted it.
    All together, I got 4 warning notices and 4 weird e-mails with attachements in which were all followed by those warnings.

I just now received another e-mail with an attachment. I am soooo not gonna open it because I dont know what it is.
    I looked at the properties of the mail and it says it's from that damn kanakaris.com person.
    The mail contains 2 attachments...1 says bref.scr(912kb) and the other says fisherrr(1)jpg (12.3kb)
    The subject of the mail is lower links.

Anyone have a clue as what the fuck they are??

Oh, and I recieved your catalog Patty. Aint had a chance to look through it yet but my daughter already has some things picked out. Her and I are gonna go through it and order some stuff soon.
    Thanks.

By patrick on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:06 pm:

what.

By Dani on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:13 pm:

what what?

By Nate on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:19 pm:

what.

By dave on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:19 pm:

who what?

By J on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

Twat? Twat thats you say?

By semillama on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:35 pm:

That Stone Cold Steve Austin shit is old.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 03:31 pm:

Glad to see you back, Dani.
    The klez virus is a worm, spread through e-mail attachments. It's not very destructive -- i.e., it's not going to format your harddrive or attach itself to your boot record -- it's just a pain in the ass type thing, renaming random files and infecting them, and re-emailing itself depending on what mail client you use. You're right to delete anything with an attachment (especially if you don't know the sender). The first e-mail you got looks like the virus was found by an e-mail virus checker but the attachment wasn't cleaned (usually an e-mail virus checker, if it can't clean the attachment, will delete it and inform you that it was deleted.) What OS do you have? Also, do you have a virus scanner on your PC that is kept up to date with the latest dat files, such as Norton or McAfee? If not, you should look into purchasing one of them -- you can buy it online and download to your computer and install it.

By Dani on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 05:06 pm:

Thanks Dougie...you are truly a sweetheart.

I have Windows 2000 Pro on this computer. Thats what you mean by OS right?!?!?
    I have this thing called VCatch..Virus Catcher... but it didnt detect anything and I dont see any problems with my computer yet. Just weird.
    I got all freaked out when all those e-mails came. I havent restarted yet because I'm afraid.
    I'd love to know what all that shit meant in those e-mails. And why they came to me in the first place.
    Beats the fuck out of me.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 05:48 pm:

Hi Dani, I haven't heard of VCatcher, but that doesn't mean anything. You're probably ok if you didn't open any of the e-mails attachments. Just make sure you have the latest virus definition files from VCatcher (I assume you can download them from them). Also, here's a website that has a definition of what the klez virus is, and they have a cleaner you can download and run. Just follow all their directions for Win2000. http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html

By Dougie on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 05:49 pm:

Shit, you'll have to cut & paste the URL into the browser -- the "@" sign through off the hyperlink.

By Dani on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 06:31 pm:

Alrighty, I'll check out that link. Thank you very much for your help Dougie.
    VCatch is something I downloaded off the internet..it was free so I said what the hell.
    I did delete the mail with the attachments but I kept one in my deleted items folder just in case my computer guy wants to see it. I'm just not gonna open it.

I've never had any mail like that so I'm clueless as to what they mean or why I'm getting them.
    I think I'll go get my neighbor and have him put an anti-virus program in here.

By patrick on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

"virtual velma" is driving me nuts. my yahoo account is getting many "Mail Returned" messages...im talk 10-20 every few minutes. Of course yahoo support is no where to be found and Norton didnt pick anything up on my C Drive.

By Dougie on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 05:16 pm:

What's Virtual Velma?

By patrick on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 05:39 pm:

i have heard its a virus going around in an attachment form. i foudn it in my bulk mail and now my inbox is flooded with emails from all kinds of crazy places saying "mail undeliverable".

By Dougie on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 06:02 pm:

Weird, haven't heard of that. If you're just using a Yahoo account through the web, and not downloading any attachments from schmoes you don't know, you should be ok. Using the Outlook client is where most people run into problems.

By patrick on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 06:05 pm:

I use outlook for work email. I dunno what the hell was happening. i dont open or download anything i dont know. of course.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact