geese and related matters

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: geese and related matters
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Sheila on Tuesday, June 9, 1998 - 01:42 pm:
    to fix the thing so i can communicate in real time. to make a shopping list so i can buy the stuff to prepare 85 chinese dinners next saturday night to raise funds for animals. one of the items on the menu is the traditional "Eggs Foo Teri", a local inside joke and now a must-have for the annual chinese banquet. well, guess whose ova will be in the foo if Lucy doesn't decide to sit? she now has a new clutch ready to brood, but is not sitting rather still shaking her tailfeathers around the ganders, luring them into the swimming pool and then, and then. . .

i read some e.e. cummings to her, but she looks at me in that sideways way that is kind of scary. Lucy is so silky to touch. i only touch them when i must, i.e., when they attack me and i have to remove them from my person, but she is the softest, smoothest to touch.

By Whet on Sunday, June 14, 1998 - 12:16 pm:
    This morning - had to run the trio down the driveway FOUR times to keep them from grazing on the recently mowed roadway grass.

Last week, Gertrude absolutely REFUSED to give up the nest, even after a few infertile eggs went beyond critical to dangerously explosive...

Broke my heart to physically remove her and put up wooden barriers to keep her off the bare spot, but after having lost one that refused to give up a nest before, would rather bear her disapproval for a little while than let her waste away due to her motherly instinct.

ummmmm excuse my rather literal interpretation of 'geese and related matters'

By Sheila on Tuesday, June 16, 1998 - 10:30 am:
    how wonderful to have motherly instincts. if only. last year when i barricaded the ova area following the coyote infestation brought on by the infertile egg explosion, Lucy's response was to eat peaches, go swimming, and never look back.

while all matters may be related to geese if you follow enough threads, it is best to be specific, isn't it? focus on the geese.

By Sheila on Tuesday, June 16, 1998 - 10:32 am:
    how wonderful to have motherly instincts. if only. last year when i barricaded the ova area following the coyote infestation brought on by the infertile egg explosion, Lucy's response was to eat peaches, go swimming, and never look back.

while all matters may be related to geese if you follow enough threads, it is best to be specific, isn't it? focus on the geese.

By Whet on Tuesday, June 16, 1998 - 08:29 pm:
    Gertrude gave me ill fated looks for days, and required many an apple core to regain my post in her good graces. She's happy and back on the prowl now.

Gertrude's mother stayed on the nest after an infertile egg explosion, even after it became infested. I carried her to and from the pond for hand bathing and hand feeding and medications for days but she never recovered. When she no longer had the strength to hold up her head I sent her onward to wherever good mother gooses go.

On the lighter side: Considering the variety of excrement found on a farm....
    I've come to the conclusion that I would rather step barefoot directly into healthy gooseschitte than any other fowl droppings!

By Sheila on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 09:25 am:
    This could be it. The ganders, yesterday fierce rivals, are today a united front and will not let me in the gate to check the nest. i don't see her anywhere else; i think Lucy is sitting. she usually lays her eggs late in the afternoon; it is unusual for her to be in there so long this time of day. but of course, i have been outsmarted by geese many times before. maybe this is another of their self-indulgences, fooling with me. mocking me, even. i am going to the village today, so i can wonder about it but not spy on them. they know it is wednesday. geese always know when it is wednesday, but that doesn't mean they know the rest of the days. they completely ignore the sabbath, on my birthday they had a festive gathering but i was not invited.

By Whet on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 01:03 pm:
    Ahhh the united male front protecting their female?
    The ultimate intimidators male geese.

Though like any male animal are subject to instinct and will back down if you spread your arms out in the air, and make biting gestures with your thumb and fingers, 'your' outstreatched arms and snapping hands being MUCH larger than their necks and bills, and as you directly approach them, coming AFTER them, like you're gonna grab them by the neck - they will loudly protest but avoid your snapping hands at all costs.

There *is* a distinct possibility you could get bit though, not really badly, I'd much rather be bitten by a goose (not the BACK of the hand as they can twist as they bite drawing blood, better a finger or something) than FLOGGED. The front bone in the wing can just about BREAK your nose if hit just right. Or really mess up a good pair of glasses if you wear them.

Never let a man or a gander successfully back you down. I've ended up having to catch them by the neck and wings (wings right on top of the back - their feet/ankles are easily hurt like ducks plus the claws can RIP your hand to shreds..) and hold them to avoid flogging, but 99% of the time they figure it isn't worth the fight and circle me screaming their protests.

Realizing you know this but throwing it in as fodder for ones that might like to own geese but are afraid of them.

Ever try to find a guinea nest?
    ;-)

By Sheila on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 10:01 pm:
    there are many predators here--coyotes, lions, bobcat, even bears, so i don't have anything i cannot protect and don't like to keep everything in close confinement. guinea fowl always seem so goofy to me--the sound, the erratic lane changing, the doltish expression.

and yes, i have had encounters of he goose kind, and have been hurt. i never turn my back on them, no matter how nicely they come when i call or follow me around the farm, or plotz nearby while i work. if i must grab one because of the fighting, they immediately settle, at least the caught one does. sometimes the one i didn't catch just goes at it more and i have to free one hand to get another neck. this is very rare, only during the throes of lust.

my farrier has a big scar on his stomach where a goose got him when he was under a car. he was very nervous working here.

if anyone has a desire to go out and get some geese--be very afraid. like any animal, it is a huge committment in time and money so don't do it if you're not dedicated. the entertainment value is priceless, but the care and feeding are demanding, and they can live fifty years, reproducing at an alarming rate if you have a good flock.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 12:27 pm:

i wonder what Lucy would think of all this now? she's probably up in goose heaven, having her goose fuck fests, and caring not a bit.

more often wonder how things are on sheila's mountain. the nature part of things are probably the same, as the season's come and go. i wonder if Bad Hair is still alive, and how the Lois' are getting on. i wonder if there have been any suicide attempts, or 400 lb men driving volvos, or near-misses on the cliff side.

some things must have changed, while others probably have not.

this is what's new so this year:

i'm in the process of becoming a Big Sister. all the paperwork has been submitted, fees for background checks paid, and i completed the interview this past saturday. all that's left is for me to get my texas drivers license so that i can be covered under their blanket insurance policy, and then to get matched up with a Little Sister. by the end of the month i hope to be introduced to her.

whoever she is, i'm excited to learn what kinds of things she likes to do.

i went with my friend autumn and her little sister last year on a few outings. one day we took her to the state capitol building. you would have thought we'd taken her to las vegas or disney world, she was in such awe of the building. it's only 10 miles from her house, maybe less, and she'd never been there, not even on a school field trip. she's 9 years old, and spends a lot of time at school and church, or playing at home with her two older sisters. all three of them have different fathers.

i've been spending a lot of time with a friend tim. friday night he took me to a punk rock pizza place. even though i insisted i hate pizza, he talked me into trying their pizza. holy shit it was good. they had the standard pepperoni, sausage, mushroom type pizzas, but they also had other kinds with spinach, or broccoli or whatever. we got one with chicken, tomatoes, and gorgonzola. the crust was thin and crunchy, and it wasn't overly spiced, the sauce wasn't overly sweet nor was it overly drenched in sauce or cheese. my god. we also split a pitcher of beer. the jukebox in this place rocked. i actually heard Beef Bologna by Fear for the first time since i was in high school... or maybe early college.

then we went to see 25th Hour. if you haven't seen 25th Hour and you like or are open to the spike lee style of movie making, i urge you to check it out. it was so good, and might be my new favorite spike lee film (but it's really hard to knock mo betta blues out of first place). ed norton was brilliant, and there's the typical spike lee race/class rant, and 911 undertones, and a sexy puerto rican girl, and clubs and drugs and great music.

kevin and i have gotten back in touch. we've seen each other about three times or so. we're not dating, we're just friends. there seems to be whole-hearted forgiveness. i enjoy spending time with him. in spite of trying my best to stay angry, to fall out of love, to convince myself and everyone around me what a horrible person he is, i just can't keep it up. i think what it boils down to is that we are two very good friends who have a really amazing chemistry, who did things to hurt each other during personally stressful times. we took it out on each other. we're both happier now and in a much better place. i had missed my friend. i've missed the person who made me laugh so hard the morning we both woke up on that tiny single bed in new orleans. i've missed the rapport we had, the ability to talk openly and honestly about a lot of things. i've missed knowing someone so well, from a to z, and being known that well by someone else, and how compassionate and calming he can be when i'm upset. how loving and sweet he can be as a friend.

saturday i met with a small singing group that i'm going to join. they're a break-off group from the south austin gospel choir. i guess there was some political crap going on in that choir (a huge, well-known organization here) and there was a faction of members who were too busy trying to save other members to get any singing done. so there's this small break-off group. i haven't sang in a group since i was in the honolulu women's chorus and i miss it. my chords definitely are rusty, but hopefully it won't take too long to get them back. we met at a mexican restuaurant called Zuzu's. great food - fresh and hand made and healthy, like mexican health food. everything wasn't dripping in cheese. we each brought some ideas of music we want to sing, and the leader is a former choir director from vermont named nichole. we'll probably start singing/practicing in february. who knows if it will gel or not, but we'll see.

i've lost a friend - cecily. it's funny how you can do twenty things to prove what a good person or a good friend you are, but if you flake out even once, they pounce all over you, or dump you, or consider you unworthy of friendship. people are so hard on each other. but i've made two new friends - melanie and katie.

i have been so famished lately, it's ridiculous. my appetite is in an out of control phase. yesterday i ate a huge steak and salad for lunch, then a protein drink, and then peanut butter. at 3 in the afternoon i ate another enormous piece of steak and a cinnamon roll my roommate made, and some pickles and olives. for dinner i ate four tablespoons of peanut butter, a quarter of the lemon syrup cake, salad, more pickles, and another cinnamon roll. then i made a brandy alexander and ate some Reeses Bites. i also drank a two liter of club soda througout the day.

the day before i ate an absurd amount of chocolate cake at melanie's birthday party. there was a thickly frosted and decorated german chocolate cake, and a rich espresso chocolate cake with espresso buttercream frosting. both homemade. i ate one piece of the first and two pieces of the second. and two homemade chocolate chip cookies. and a beer and half a bottle of red wine.

the day before that was pizza and beer.

today i'm trying to get off the vicious carb cycle, with big doses of tuna fish and olive oil and green tea. it seems a good remedy each time.

tonight i'm going roller skating. wednesday i'm going with katie to see the derek trucks band. thursday there's kristie's going away happy hour and then a movie with bryan. friday i'm going with tim to see spoon at the mercury. saturday i'll probably pass out dead from exhaustion if i don't end up going to san antonio. sunday morning, as always, is yoga. i wanted to start yoga teacher training, but it's too expensive. this is debt pay-off year.

so, that's a wrap.

now. what's new with you?

By sarah on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 11:46 am:

today i had to give up the last of my vestiges of hawaii. when i applied for a texas drivers license, they took away my hawaii license. i am no longer kama'aina - at least not legally. this is devastating.

i wonder if i could apply for a replacement drivers license in hawaii before they figure out i have a texas license?

By Spider on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:15 pm:

I've lived in Maryland for 2.5 years and still have a PA driver's license and PA plates on my car. (I know it's illegal.) I just don't want to let go, either, and I'm not attached to a place as interesting as Hawaii.

What's new with me? Hmmm. I started the Atkins diet on Monday, inspired by Nate's and Dave's successes. Today I am full of energy.

I just outed myself as a total spaz by recommending the Mütter Museum to my boss as a diversion when he goes on his trip to Philadelphia for the American Library Association gathering this weekend. I could have said the Franklin Institute, or Independence Hall, or any other normal attraction, but no, I had to spontaneously volunteer the freakshow. I described it as "great!" and mentioned the fetal Siamese twin skeletons as a highlight. He gave me a frozen smile and ended the conversation. Ha! Ş|-|33R |\/|3!

I'm reading the first book in George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" saga (called "A Game of Thrones") and would love to discuss it with someone.

I'm also reading Eco's "The Name of the Rose," George MacDonald's "Lilith," the latest Glamour magazine (hey), and re-reading Henry James' "The Turn of the Screw."

That's all I want to talk about.

Sarah, I think your decision to have a little sister is fabulous. Good luck.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

By Nate on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:30 pm:

"melk" makes funny shapes in my mouth.

last measure, monday morning, i'm six pounds from goal. go spidey!

By Spider on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 08:53 am:

Nate, it's been four days and I haven't lost a pound. What is going wrong?

I eat things like:

*eggs and sausage for breakfast -- no carbs
    *cheese and a salad with spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, and mushrooms for lunch -- minimal carbs
    *steak and broccoli for dinner -- minimal carbs

I drink water and decaffeinated tea with Splenda. I take vitamins. I exercise.

Should I be worried, or should I keep doing what I'm doing for the rest of the two weeks?

By dave. on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 09:18 am:

if you aren't hating the food, keep it up.

i couldn't take more than a few bites of cold chicken last night. my weight loss has slowed down. i think it's because i'm not eating much at all and i have been skipping meals. i know that the more you eat, the more you lose on this diet but i'm getting really sick of meat and more meat. i don't think i was hating it like this the last time i did atkins. i'll stick with it for now.

By sarah on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 09:58 am:

spider, don't quit. in fact, eat more fat. i swear to god this works, it's incredible. put a pat of butter on your broccoli, eat a handful of peanuts between meals.

i know it doesn't make sense on the surface, but just try it. try it for one week.

By Spider on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:05 am:

I'm not hating the food I eat so much as I'm missing the food I can't eat. Pasta, milk, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, bagels with peanut butter and huckleberry jam, toast with honey, chocolate...

The thing is, I know I have elevated insulin levels and am in danger of developing diabetes, so I've become determined to change the way I eat for good. I have much more energy than I did last week, and I don't want to fall asleep after meals, so I know *something* good is going on.

I just wish my fat would get off my ass and start burning away.

By sarah on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:31 am:

go for a brisk walk on an empty stomach!

By Nate on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:34 am:

no nuts, not until week 3.

keep going. it takes a couple days to kick in, but when it does kick in it will freak you out.

do that cup of broccoli every night, because that fiber is really, really important. you should keep your salad to 2 cups.

and do eat more fat. are you in ketosis? if you're not in ketosis after four days, you might have to cut your salad down. a good meal is the inside of an ultimate cheeseburger. jack in the box is the best because they put condiments between bread and cheese, so the cheese slides off with the meat. other fast food you'll lose most of your cheese to the bun.

By Spider on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:49 am:

Sarah, it's so cold here that brisk walks take on another meaning. :) I could always walk around the mall....

Nate, I think I'm in ketosis...the book says it takes 2-3 days to kick in, right? I think you mentioned ketosticks somewhere -- can you get them at a corner drugstore?

If I had to eat the inside of an ultimate cheeseburger every day, I'd make myself sick. I just don't like red meat that often. With the exception of the first day, I've been eating chicken, fish, and eggs for protein. But.....I think you're both right: I need to eat more fat. (I never thought I'd say that.) I think I need to space out my vegetables, too -- twice this week I ate them all at dinner. Maybe that's causing my blood sugar to rise.

Jeez, if I thought I obsessed over food before...

By patrick on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:25 am:

do any of you find any thing distrubing about this?

this diet sounds really nasty.

im not criticising, but the more you talk about it, the more im sure i'll never consider it, should i feel the need to loose weight.

By Spider on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:40 am:

It's a very healthy diet for people who are pre-diabetic because it brings your insulin and blood sugar levels under control.

The nastyness is sort of concentrated in the first two weeks, when you can eat only meat (beef, chicken, eggs, lamb, veal, fish, mutton, venison, squirrel, rabbit, buffalo, bear, cat), cheese, and certain vegetables. Then, each week, you add a little bit of food to your diet...nuts, berries, more fibrous vegetables at first, and then very gradually work your way to other fruit and brown rice and such.

Atkins' book cites many studies that show that this diet actually lowers your cholesterol, blood lipids, and blood pressure levels. I know 4 people IRL who have gone on the diet and they report the same thing -- they're much healthier now than before, when they ate low-fat everything and lots of bread and pasta, etc.

By patrick on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:52 am:

pre-diabetic?

IRL?

By Spider on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 12:03 pm:

IRL = in real life

Pre-diabetes

Table that shows hyperinsulinemia (too much insulin; what I have) as a precursor to pre-diabetes.

By Platypus on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 12:04 pm:

The New York Times Magazine had a great article about the Atkins diet, how everyone thought it was all wrong and then they realized that the food pyramid was wrong and that it is, apparently, one of the better diets out there.

I couldn't handle it, though. I never ate that much meat when I ate meat, maybe once a week. Day after day after day of it...ugh. Although I should lose some weight. Maybe I'll try this whole excercise thing. Bleh.

By sarah on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 12:47 pm:

ever since mark posted this, wherein he wrote "I'm not someone who carries on or even thinks twice about food that tastes good. To me eating is a bodily function, and I eat food for one reason: To stay alive. In my opinion, any satisfaction that comes from eating should be kept private. Raving about great food is like saying you enjoy shitting. Well, who doesn't? But it's not polite conversation." i've felt really self conscious about how much i talk and write about and consider food and diet and eating. i don't concur with his opinion, but it has made me conscious about how much a lot of us talk about it, or how often each thread ends up talking about it.

not that i mind. i mean, obviously it's really important to me, and i find it fun.

By Nate on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 12:50 pm:

i love meat.

spider: you can get ketosticks at a drugstore. liposis is the same thing, so you might find liposticks or something.

ketones will be in your urine, so you might have noticed your piss smelling funny. or maybe not. i don't know how girls piss.

By Spider on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 12:58 pm:

*snort*

To be frank, the only difference in my urine is that it is now a nearly fluorescent yellow from all the vitamin B I've been ingesting.

Thanks -- I'll look for the ketosticks tonight.

By patrick on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 01:14 pm:

mark is a strange bird though.

By agatha on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

my friend katie has been torturing herself by eating really bland foods with no seasonings in them. she claims that after eating this way for a couple of weeks, real food with spices and the like tastes incredibly good. talk about a strange bird. i keep telling her that she should become amish.

By sarah on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

i love meat too. always have, but in college was led to believe that it was bad for you, that it caused heart disease and colon cancer, so i became a vegetarian for many years. i was never fatter or unhealthier as a vegetarian.

so about this fat phenomenon i've discovered. i realize it goes against what everyone warns - that too much fat is bad for you. but as i continue to experiment with how much fat i eat in my diet, i am continually surprised. for example, both just last week (for a total of 10 days in a row) and over the holidays, i ate absurd amounts of sweets and carbs and drank alcohol like prohibition was about to be reinstated. i also maintained the same level of fat intake as i do when i'm doing my most recent high-protein-low-carb diet, which is to say about 45% fat, 40% protein, 15% carbs. i was probably eating even more fat by way of all the sweets i was eating. so in effect, i was probably eating close to twice the amount of calories i typically eat, and my exercise was the same, but maybe even less, because i was on vacation.

well, i bloated up a bit while i was carbing out, but not very much, and even survived a period with very little bloating over the holidays. and two days after returning to the 45-40-20 ratio, the bloating went away, and i weighed the same as i did before the extended carb/calorie binge. the only negative effect from carbing out (as long as my fat intake was relatively high) was that i woke up with a slightly hungover feeling and i craved sweets and alcohol and i got hunger shakes.

but my weight never actually changed.

i don't know what any of this means, if anything, i just find it fascinating.

especially given that back in july and extending back a year before that, i had gained about 10 lbs eating a high-protein-low-carb-medium/low-fat diet, and i couldn't take it off and was perpetually hungry (as well as somewhat depressed). as soon as i added more fat calories to my diet (and therefore more calories overall), i dropped weight really quickly and seem to have an easier time not gaining weight even when my caloric intake is so high that it would otherwise ensure that i should weigh 250 lbs by now. it's almost as if by eating more fat my body is better able to maintain statis.

oh, and i've been sleeping like a baby. i fall asleep every night without drugs and sleep all night (except to get up to pee) and can often sleep up to 9 hours. as a chronic insomniac, this is unprecedented.

By heather on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 07:02 pm:

it really irks me now when people bring up the fat content in something and suggest something with less fat but tons of carbs like it will be better for people

By Nate on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 09:28 pm:

have any of you seen the leptoprin ad?

this freaky woman comes on and starts talking about a $153/bottle diet pill. she scares me.

"if you're trying to lose five or six vanity pounds, leptoprin is NOT for you. it is too expensive and too powerful."

www.leptoprin.com

By sarah on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 09:57 am:

vanity pounds? that's insulting. utter bullshit.

heather, my housemate eats reduced fat peanut butter and frequently bakes low fat brownies from a box mix. it's absurd.

By sarah on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 04:45 pm:

*three* people told me today i looked like i lost weight. it's because i'm wearing The Jeans and they seem to accentuate the fact that i don't have hips or thighs anymore.

i said, yes, but this is how much i weighed when i first moved to texas, but gained a bunch of weight my first year here.

one woman said i look like a stick figure. i wanted to tell her i weighed in this morning at 145! according to the height/weight chart published today in a special nutrition and exercise section of the austin american statesman, i'm "overweight" with something like a 27% body fat. and yet in reality my body unclothed appears to be nothing more than solid muscle, extra skin, and booty. i'd be shocked if i have more than 20% body fat.

every time someone mentions my weight loss, inevitably they ask what i did to lose weight, and i reply, "i eat more fat". they just stare at me for a few moments, then laugh nervously. i smile, and say, "no, seriously."

the conversation usually ends there, or they start talking about weight watchers or the hollywood diet or some such nonsense.

By sarah on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 04:55 pm:

i went to the grocery store on my lunch hour and noticed that Nabisco Fig Newtons love themselves because they are FAT FREE!

this is what i bought:

beef brisket, trimmed
    boneless chicken breasts
    feta cheese
    kalamata olives, pitted
    shitake mushrooms
    flat leaf parsely
    fresh spinach
    celery
    coarse dijon mustard
    chianti
    petite syrah
    red zin
    club soda

saturday tim is coming over for dinner before we go see spoon at the mercury.

btw, where the hell is Danielsssss?

By Platypus on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 08:42 pm:

I think the BMI index is deeply flawed. It doesn't account for muscle, and...yeah. I don't like it very much. A lot of people I know who are slender or skinny are still "overweight" according to the bmi.

By Karen on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 05:12 am:

In response to "Nate". I was looking on the Internet for info. on Leptoprin. Do you know anyone who has taken it? Or any info. about this diet pill? It has me curious and am considering buying it but would like more info. on it if anyone knows. Karen

By Shannon on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

Karen....I myself was curious about the new pill. I debated on buying it and went on the net and saw Anorex and it says that it has the same ingredients and is half the price. I dont know if its worth it but I ordered it and just got it on the mail today. I have tried so many other things with no real results but I am really gonna try to stay positive and give this a try.

By Spider on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 03:50 pm:

Anorex....now there's a catchy name.

Sarah.....if you're around...did Lucy pass away?

By Spider on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

Oops, I mean Sheila.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 04:01 pm:

What makes you think that?

By Spider on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 04:05 pm:

I was confused. :( Never mind.

By sarah on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 04:44 pm:

yeah, lucy passed away well over a year ago, according to sheila.

anorex. that's just wrong.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 05:31 pm:

Oh, I thought that Spider was asking if SHEILA had passed away...then I saw Lucy and thought you meant Lucy Phurre, then I realized it was one of Sheila's geese.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 06:14 pm:

yes.

i was also like sem.

mucho confused.

By Vilnius viper on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 10:59 pm:

Today,i see this small bit of paper the wind had blown to my feet.it says GIVE UP BOOZE,EAT MORE,AND LOSE WEIGHT.[it was the head lines of a magazine].....this head line may well be true.

By Ruver on Saturday, August 2, 2003 - 04:20 pm:

did anyone try anorex what a cool sight i hope i am not intrudeing i just ran across this, i have a couple of geese stories. they both have to do with geese holding children woth thier winmgs while pecking them brutally,they would make great "watch dogs".

By Khandi on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 09:57 pm:

yes i live in the bahamas my weight is about 148 and i would really like to be about 110 my height is 5ft3ins

By Chris on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 09:52 pm:

I just recieved my 30 day supply of Leptoprin, then I saw an ad for Anorex!!! I'll let you know
    how it's working......

By Vernita on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 03:34 am:

Nita
    I want to know more about leptoprin. Does it work? Is it safe?

By Vernita on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 03:34 am:

Nita
    I want to know more about leptoprin. Does it work? Is it safe?

By Marathon Man on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:46 pm:

Yes. Is it safe?

By semillama on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:54 pm:

I heard a good way to lose about 8 pounds of ugly fat overnight is to fall asleep with your head on the train tracks.

By Effy on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:45 am:

By Effy on monday, August 18, 2003 10:30 am:

I have also seen the ads for leptoprin, and was wondering where I could get some info. I have also been small all my life 100 lbs. I have been really depressed the last year. I was devoriced, downsized from a 20 year job. I have gained about 25 lbs. I am 4'10 and can't stand the weight. My cloths don't fit and I can't buy new.Try putting 25 extra lbs into a size 5. I need help. Can anyone out there let me in on the news about this new pill. Thanks ever so.

By Megt on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 02:07 pm:

Has anyone had any success with this new drug leptoprin, or is it going to be like those Phen-Phen pills that after a few years everyone finds out it kills you?

By Megt on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 02:26 pm:

I lost 75lbs over a period of one year following a simple diet cooked in very little oil and avoiding refined sugar and just walking 3 miles a day. Belive me, I have tried everything on this planet including starvation (which only made me sick) and nothing works except changing your life style. I did it all, Slimfast, Weight Watchers, Sugar Busters, Atkins, yes they work, but not forever. Everything has side effects. All of these are hyped for a while and than we find out that they can do more harm than good. After breaking my ankle and could not excesise, I got depressed and ate mostly junk, you can guess the result... gained 18lbs and feel even more miserable, so I am feeling desperate enought to try this leptoprin or Anorex ( sounds awful) so let me know if any of you have had any success.

By semillama on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:23 pm:

Who the hell ARE you people, and how can you possibly even consider that something called "Anorex" is anything except either a cruel joke or a total evil marketing scam? JESUS "BOB"!

By J on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 11:03 am:

I've had alot of luck taking ex-lax and eating toilet paper.

By TBone on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 12:11 pm:

I lost a pound or two moving all my shit to a third floor apartment and helping some friends move into a house this weekend.
    I thought "Anorex" was a joke. But I guess it's a really brilliant marketing scheme. Market to all those people who really want to be anorexic, but don't have the willpower.

By eri on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 12:24 pm:

I lost 10 lbs this month with on idea why or what I did. I like it, though. My body fat is at 19%, my cholesterol is fine, I am no longer anemic, and all of my horemone levels are normal. I can almost fit into my old clothes again. Woo hoo.

By Spider on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

I gained ten pounds this month. :( I blame the chocolate.

My family reunion is in 7 weeks. I will have lost it all by then, I swear.

By wisper on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

i don't weigh myself, ever.
    seems to cause too many problems for people

By TBone on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

Nor do I. I haven't a clue what I weigh. Whenever somebody asks and I try to estimate, they usually say, "Really? That much?" I'm no good at estimating.

By kazoo on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

I shouldn't weigh myself but I do. I gained several pounds this summer which kind of gets me down. However, I really shouldn't worry, because the insanity that is starting the new semester and missing you-know-who always knocks between 5-10 pounds off.

By patrick on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

neither do i wisper, but when pairs of pants start to fit differently, this also causes worry.

By sarah on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:30 pm:

when i was body building i would weigh myself several times a day. it probably wasn't a healthy habit, but man oh man was i lean mean fighting machine.

now i'm not as lean and i haven't weighed myself in over 6 months.

By sarah on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

actually, the truth is, i won't weigh myself until i can sorta tell that i'm getting back down to 145. right now i'm about 150-155.

man isn't that just weird? size 8 at 155. size 6 at 145. still can't get over that even after all these years... i'm 5'3" for goodness sakes! just doesn't make sense.

By kazoo on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:33 pm:

I'm a size 10 at 145.

By Dougie on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

I'm happy because I'm on the downside of 200 pounds right now. I usually hover around 200. For the longest time after high school, I never strayed from 175, but I guess age, beer, and too much red meat and taters and not enough exercise catches up with you.

By patrick on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

hey wisper.

can you do fashion illustrations along the lines of those used with the Dior lines?

We don't need them AS elaborate as some of his stuff, be we are going to use illustrations on buyers cards with this next collection.

By wisper on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 03:16 pm:

hmmmmmmmm

never tried.

but i can, no harm there.

i do enjoy black line inkyness!

By patrick on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

we're looking someone to do buyers cards.

it would need color to it, but like many fashion sketches it doesnt have to be perfect.

could you do a quick sketch of your interpration of the assignment and scan it or something.....so we could see your style without actually having you commit to anything in great depth.

you could email me.

By wisper on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

yes, yes i could.

By Sadie on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 09:48 pm:

What about the leptoprin?

By semillama on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:46 am:

It makes your eyes yellow and is linked to the onset of Tourette's syndrome. Plus it hollows out your bones.

And your hair starts falling out, and what's left turns really coarse and black , like ape hair.

By TBone on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:07 am:

And makes your skin appear slightly blue.
    I had a friend who worked with a guy who supposedly had Tourette's... But everyone suspected he was faking it so he could get away with telling off customers.

By J on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

And if you get pregnant,your spawn will be mutants.

By Czarina on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

He musta had pseudo-Tourettes. I get that sometimes.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact