Exercise in Futility

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: Exercise in Futility
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Electro-wiz on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 01:06 pm:

I am staring at my laptop during a break in the action during my consulting gig at ATT. Behind my desk is grey wall without much surface texture and a with a couple of pieces of cupcake smeared from when somebody coughed with their mouths full.
    I got here by looking for a store location to buy a holiday present during lunch. It is cold outside and rather bleak. Annihilation is the only answer.

By Me............ on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 01:09 pm:

Merry Christmas, Electro-wiz.......

By Kristin on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 02:44 pm:

I would give anything to be someplace where it's cold. Hot weather sucks at Christmas time. Why are offices always so ugly and depressing? Mine is too, except I have teal walls around my cubicle with a nice cotton-like fabric. The walls are purple. And believe it or not, this is IBM! I guess I could have it a lot worse. I feel for you, Electro-wiz.

By Me......... on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 03:06 pm:

Kristin; check out HELL.com.............

By Justin on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 05:22 pm:

I tried to check it out...but I don't think I typed in the address right.
    is it HELL.com..........?

By Me.......... on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 05:37 pm:

Sorry......it's hell.com

By PetRock on Friday, December 25, 1998 - 01:13 am:

Hey, I actually like my office. A huge improvement over the old space we were in (which was actually just 2 floors down).

We are now in a converted ballroom, which will eventually be converted back into said ballroom, once renovation on our new office space (which is really about 60-some years old) is complete.

But the cubes are big and there are virtually NO fruitflies in site!

By Slacker on Friday, December 25, 1998 - 07:54 am:

what it looks like where i are.
    it are's big but it also are's christmasy.

the end

By Electro-wiz on Monday, December 28, 1998 - 11:34 am:

Thank you for your support Kristen, I am glad to know that you feel for me. But do you really understand that it is the rediculousness of life that is bleak and cold not just the office walls.
    The future is doomed, the past is a nightmare and the present is a random thread colliding with everyone else's thread to create chaos. Pain is just a state of mind which we must transcend as the Buddha teaches.
    We took a wrong step years ago and its too late to start over. So lets all have a drink and
    toast how great WE are and how bad THEY are.
    The cold sucks, I wish I was in warm temperate weather forever. The ice age is the environment that created the mindset of Western civilization.
    The warm weather with less clothes and inhibitions is definately where its at.
    Over and out.

By Kristin on Monday, December 28, 1998 - 03:44 pm:

I guess I spoke too soon, Now it's very cold here in Tampa - well, at least to me. Electro-wiz, sorry you feel that the future is doomed. I agree that it's too late to start over - things will never be the same and that is beyond sad, but instead of whining and complaining, we've got to be pro-active and not just take up space on this earth. Make your life the way you want it to be and break free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Electro--wiz on Monday, December 28, 1998 - 06:30 pm:

Hey Kristen,
    Who's whining. I merely state the facts and contemplate them too deeply. It is not question of freedom or choice but simply the way of the world. I love life and it has been good to me by showing me that there are truths and knowledge to be experienced. I have been very proactive in turning my life around from a less than auspicious start, but I do not have the patience, skill, or desire to the same for the great morass we call society. You are right, WE make the choices, but do not be fooled into thinking that one can change the big picture just because one changes their mind.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you've imagined" - HD Thoreau

Thanks for the positive feedback, I feel better already.

Peace Sister and Blessed Be !

By Glenn on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 01:52 am:

hey guys!! how do i get in at hell.com without having any password????

By Dodi on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 01:41 pm:

your here aren't you????

By V on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 11:11 pm:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact