Idaho Panhandle

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: Idaho Panhandle
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lawanda on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 11:34 am:

Which means in the middle for those not knowing or caring where the Idaho Panhandle is. Lots of trees, deep gorges with little towns nested in them. I like it here.

Now my home office is another story. Unfinished walls (I ripped them apart then never went back to finish -yet-), two bulletin boards and a calendar telling us what we need to do and where we need to be. Someday I really will have the walls finished.

By Margret on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 01:32 pm:

Is Coeur D'Alene in the panhandle? Despite the high ratio of survivalist/militia types to normal people, I would live in the Coeur D'Alene area. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

By Agatha on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 01:53 pm:

one of my best friends lives there. it's mostly full of hippies. it's a beautiful town.

By Cyst on Monday, June 21, 1999 - 05:33 am:

I spent the weekend in a 14th-century city on the very western edge of ukraine. this century it's also been part of austria-hungary, poland, the soviet union. the center of this city, lviv, is all turn-of-the-century art nouveau, beautiful, and one of the nearby neighborhoods is armenian and jewish and fascinating.

so anyway, I was walking around this wonderland and having a good time, but I found myself talking about the idaho panhandle.

"have you ever driven across i-90 from spokane to montana? it's gorgeous. full of old silver mining towns -- one had a brothel that's only been out of business 10 years. now it's a 'museum.' yeah, coeur d'alene is nice, the lake is great, but the rest of it is also incredible. old wooden missions and old west-style storefronts and trees as big as god."

I need to go home. the rest of the world is fine and all, but the pacific northwest is the best place.

By Spider on Saturday, September 2, 2006 - 10:11 pm:

That brothel (excuse me, museum) is in Butte. We
    planned to go there on the way back from Yakima,
    but....Yakima, WA and Ashland, MT are 900 miles apart
    and by the time we were in Butte we were in no state of
    mind to get out of the van and interact with society.

Some day, though.

Coeur d'Alene is gorgeous. It looks like Austria.

By dave. on Sunday, September 3, 2006 - 12:43 am:

you went to yakima? did you go to yakimex? specifically, the taqueria. the borracho tacos are FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

By Spider on Sunday, September 3, 2006 - 01:14 am:

Sadly, no. We stayed at an organic farm a little south of
    the city, and we were forbidden to leave for four days.
    (It was for a retreat. I can't remember the exact location.
    It was on the reservation, though.)

And it confirmed what I had suspected about organic
    farms. It was across the street from a regular old farm,
    and I'm sure those pesticides and pesticide-laced water
    made it into the organic apple orchard.

I'll keep the FUCKING AWESOME!!!! tacos in mind for
    the next time I'm in the area, though. And there will be
    a next time, so help me God.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact