Douglasville, GA (Suburbia, USA)

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: Douglasville, GA (Suburbia, USA)
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Travis on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 02:58 pm:

I'm sitting at a cheaply-made plywood desk bought at some warehouse, in an almost-broken highback chair. The computer is in the kitchen. The floor of this kitchen is dark brown faux tile, you know, the kind you roll on in big sheets. God, this place is cluttered. There's papers on top of the monitor, papers on the printer tray, papers to my right, disks scattered on the floor, a box of blank CD-s on the floor to my left, and various papers scattered behind, in front of, and in the general vicinity of the desk. To my right are two windows. If it were not for these windows, there would be many days which I wouldn't even know if the sun was shining, if it was raining, if all of humanity suddenly disappeared... nor would I care. The scene outside right now is a fairly somber one... it's been raining all day, and even though it's 2:40 PM, it still seems like morning to me.. the sky is a pale whitish color, the grass needs to be cut, and sparkling drops of water hang from every plant and piece of lawn furniture I can see. In this town where nobody knows me, I find my only solace in music, and through the internet, where I can converse with people who have an IQ larger than their inseam... I hate it here.

By Cyst on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 03:21 pm:

suburbia usa resident 10 years out of high school:

Name: K B S

Occupation: My kids mom/Telecommute for computer work for 9 doctors offices.

Spouse: S D S

Children: Ashley Marie - 10 mos. old

Favorite Pastimes: Dates with my husband, playing with Ashley, Scrapbooking.

What is your favorite high school memory? Being a cheerleader. It was a dream of mine and it finally came true my senior year. The highlight was our competition performance for the student body at a rally. That day we were perfect!

What has been your most memorable moment since high school? 1. Finding the man of my dreams and marrying him. 2. Giving birth to and being blessed with the life of our precious baby girl!

[The exclamation point is dotted with a heart. I think they're your next-door neighbors out there in douglasville.]

By Cyst on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 03:26 pm:

I just got this book of summaries of the lives of the people I went to high school with.

that nice girl I talked to in english class is a "full time mom" whose favorite pastime is "creative memories scrapbooks" and most memorable moment since high school was "being saved."

By Cyst on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 03:49 pm:

the greatest moments of their adult lives:

- going whitewater rafting with my family

- marriage

- birth of my children

- birth of my daughter and becoming a truck driver

- graduating from u of o, the ducks in the rose bowl, moving to new york and sitting next to gwyneth paltrow at a restaurant!

- getting married

- earning my dmd degree

- I gained 40 pounds in 2 months. ask me how.

- the announcement of a new yo-yo trick named after me: "the spinning jenny"

- meeting chris

- visiting santa's workshop in the real north pole

- births, weddings, marathons

- walking along a deserted beach with chris and our dogs

- having my son and experiencing all of life's adventures with him

- getting married, followed closely by enlisting in the marine corps AFTER graduating from u of o

- getting married to my best friend

- the birth of our two children anastasia and lexus and our wedding in las vegas at the mgm grand hotel...

- my 20 month old niece calling me "AhTiTi" she is a pure delight to me. AhTiTi = Aunt Christy

- Being there for the birth of my godson, nikko thomas

- a super typhoon hit saipan one month after we moved here. we put boards over the windows but could still hear the coconuts slamming against the house!

- my wedding day and the birth of my children

- writing "goodbye sadam" in dutch on b-52 bombs headed to iraq.

- becoming employed and staying single!

- graduating from the university of tampa and having my entire family there

- just recently finding out I am going to be a dad

- my biggest accomplishment is definitely my child. but my most memorable times were spent in the peace corps.

- my wonderful children

- life!

- hooking the "big one"!

- the birth of my son

- it's not very original but I would have to say the birth of my son and the last six months my wife and I have spent with him.

- traveling through europe after graduating from college.

- the birth of our girls and being married

- graduating from the university of kentucky with honors, traveling throughout the u.s.

- being married to my wonderful wife leeann. it has been 6 years this last june - and we celebrated my going on a cruise to alaska!

- the day I married bobby and the birth of brandon and alyssa

- getting engaged (getting married in june 2000), finishing graduate school and getting my mba

- our wedding, our honeymoon and of course the birth of our baby

- living and working in detroit with the jesuit volunteer corps, traveling in nicaragua

- getting married and having my son rob michael

- getting married to dave was the best day of my life!

- graduating from the george washington university, where I earned an mba, and my summer internships in washington dc.

- rock climbing in joshua tree and getting into grad school for occupational therapy

- marrying richard.

- going back to czechoslovakia ('90) to visit family and remembering where I grew up

- getting married and buying our first house

- graduating college, getting married and having my children!

- getting married and starting a family

- attending the funeral for my companion of nine years and the father of my two children

- getting a black belt in tae kwon do, becoming part of compedysportz and being known to thousands of 6th graders as dr. spam!

- my wedding day

- my wedding day, the day my daughter was born, and giving the valedictory address at graduation for my second m.s. degree

- meeting and marrying my husband and buying a house

- graduating from the university of idaho

- passing the exam for my customs broker license

- getting married and having children

- the LONG road of "getting to know myself," acquiring life-long friendships and realizing what is important

- going to college, living in italy and the birth of my son

- the marriage to my husband doug in 1992 and the blessing of our son kaleb in 1998

- getting married to the most wonderful lady

- attending oregon state

- the birth of my son and spending 3 weeks in australia on an incredible honeymoon!!!

- I wrote a long letter to burgerville because their ice cream machine was broken

- traveling to holland and visiting the village where my grandfather was born and raised

- getting married, watching my girls grow up, traveling

- graduating from college and getting into graduate school

- being chased by a horde of disgruntled roosters during a port visit in thailand

- getting married and having my daughter, leah!

- trip to las vegas

By Semillama on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 06:04 pm:

they named their kid LEXUS? Now I know I have to stay away from my 10 yr reunion, cause I know it will be much worse.

By J on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 10:01 am:

If I ever had the "honor" of sitting next to Gweneth Paltrow, I could only hope to pass some gas.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 03:35 pm:

Gweneth Paltrow eats?

By Gee on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 03:49 pm:

Gweneth isn't so bad. I was very impressed by the job she did when she hosted SNL.

By J on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 11:20 am:

I,m sorry Gee,but ever since I read about her lamenting that they didn,t make her favorite Birkenstocks and then some man that had a shoe store offered to sell them to her(he had some still in stock) at cost and she sniffed that "she didn,t buy things,peple gave her things" After I read that,I knew she was an asshole,and I can,t help but wish that someone would give her a social disease.

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 11:57 am:

i heard she was very nice, a former acquaintance of mine went out with her for a couple of years. she probably dumped him because he wasn't famous enough yet.

i think some of those memories sound nice. the one about the funeral for the dad of her two children made me sad.

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 11:58 am:

i would like to know why travis is still in georgia. why don't you get the fuck out of there? sounds like a living hell.

By Gee on Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - 12:37 am:

Where'd you read that, J?

By J on Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - 12:55 am:

I heard it on the radio a couple of months ago.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - 01:13 pm:

douglasville is indeed scary, atlanta, athens and savannah aren't so bad....at all........Cyst, you must stay away from Dr. Laura.....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact