right now

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: right now
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Notwolf on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 04:03 am:

i'm in my shop at 3 sumptin AM.
    outside the bay windo ( that's suppossed to be a display window..) the parking lot is that crazy sodium yelow from the lamps.
    my shop is kinda my workstation more than a shop, since that's where the machine is, and the phone, and the stereo.
    it's #4 in a u-shaped strip of 18, all done up in somekinda bastardization of Tudor and Georgian. There's a fly-fishing shop, a miscosoft school, a wig store, and someone is putting in somekinda gift shop next to the dance school. The dance school is neat cos there's all kinda beautiful women and cute girls in and outta there, but they walk up the middle of the parking lot instead of on the sidewalks so that they don't walk close to anyone. i realized this one night when i was headed across the lot to pick up my chinese food and some Hollins College girl walked all the way around her volvo to avoid me after we made eye contact. makes me sad more than anything else. just sad.
    Next door to me is a Mexican grocery ...excuse me.. "Latin Store". Since i'm Texan, i have great fun with my neighbors and we get along great. the rest of the mall looks at both of us with distrust, so we band together with an unspoken TexMex alliance and sneer right the fuck back. My other neighbors include TWO nail salons ( one black, one redneck). When the redneck nail place moved in, the owner's husband paid us a visit to ask if "those Mexicans ever get out of hand". they like to hang out at the grocery and drink Coke and neon-colored mexican soda in glass bottles and play mexican music outta their firebirds and mini-trucks. "Nope" i said."they're great neighbors. they dont leave trash all over the place or talk shit. they keep to themselves cos they just wanna hang out with other mexicans and talk mexican stuff. 'sides, the keep the rednex over there outta the way."
    Over there is "The Loyal Order Of Eagles", which just got their walking papers. Imagine a bar where yeh gotta bring yer own hooch. that's what that joint is. or, was. r.e.d.n.e.x.
    then there's a Hair salon called Diva's, run by a 6'3" tall black queen who sashays across the parking lot to his black Commanche precicely at 7:10 every day, and a great lil Chinese Resturant called "Heaven" across the way where they call me "Shawn". i found out just last month that they were saying "xiong' which means "bear".
    When i told Miguel (mex next doot) about that he laughed and calls me "oso" now. that means 'bear' too, just in spanish.
    it's kinda neat, cept i got quite a few gay customers, mostly guys. in the gay language "bear" is what big hairy gay men call each other, especially truckers and bikers, of which i am neither. or gay.
    i'm not homophobic by any means, but suddenly my new nickname just doesnt hold the same camaradery it did.
    anyway.
    i parked all crazy so my truck is dominating the view.
    i love my truck. you'll never understand until you have a truck, andyou've lived in it (literally). it's given me 350000 miles and never asked for a thing except the basic things that trucks need. it's dirty, but i take good care of it and i know i can depend on it no matter what, all i gotta do is basic truck stuff for it.

*sigh*

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 08:29 am:

So that's where the el oso thing came from....

I was trying to figure that out the other day.

And don't worry about the Hollins College girls. No, actually, take advanrage of it. Scare the shit out of em. They need to be shook up every once in awhile. Too damn sheltered and perky.

I have a personal vendetta.

By Isolde on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 10:34 am:

What did they do to you?

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 11:46 am:

Tried to turn me into one of them.

I could have been a long blonde haired lesbian who only wore Banana Republic clothing and listened to Mellisa Etheridge non-stop while drinking cheap beer I suckered some redneck into buying.

I escaped with my life and a set of titty piercins.

By Isolde on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 11:51 am:

Ugh...they don't sound good.
    At least you got the piercings...and your life. Most excellent. But they sound frightening. You may commence destroying them, then.

By Notwolf on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 05:14 pm:

"FIRST SORTIE?

.....DIIIIIIIVVVVEE!"

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 09:39 pm:

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha!

By Notwolf on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 06:48 am:

gods.
    it seems that if i can't seem to accomplish anything else, i can always make you laugh.

i dunno what that sez a/b either one of us...
    but i just ate a whole friggin thing of "Pulp Addiction" Ben & Jerry's tonight instead of getting drunk.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 11:14 am:

What's in pulp addiction, I haven't heard of it.

By Notwolf on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 03:58 pm:

o
    mi
    gawd.

umm, chocolatey-orange bits ( more than chips, less than chunks...) in chocolate ice cream.
    i think that there's a little bit more to it than that, but i the sugar/lactose coma that followed the chocolate mugging scrubbed a few dozen minutes outta my hourglass.
    .. but that's why yeh eat ice cream, ain't it?

By Isolde on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 04:15 pm:

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Damn. I can imagine the flavour. I miss chocolate oranges.

By J on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 12:54 am:

Fondue,thats the ticket,I still have a fondue pot,orange slices dipped in chocolate,strawberries,angel food cake.Oh....

By Isolde on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 12:59 am:

Oh...god. Yum. Can I come over?

By Kalliope on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 08:56 am:

Hah. Yah, you've always been capable of making me laugh. Not just little polite giggle laughs either. We're talking full blown all out snorting through the nose, spittle flying, gas producing, body shake cackles.....

That and you made me a margarita when everyone else got slimy beer.

It's the little things.

I chose to get drunk last night instead of eating ice cream. It's good to reverse habits sometimes.

But Aimee made me buy this pear ACE cider stuff.

Holy yummy.

By Isolde on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 11:36 am:

See, I always drink instead of eating ice cream, but I think that's because I'm a vegan...

By patrick on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 12:22 pm:

ugh careful with the cider hon....that shit will hurt you, i loved it at first, but in reality it's so damned sweet i always wake up in severe pain and an extra 10lbs....that stuff is twice as caloric as beer, from what i understand......thats the killer, the sweetness...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact