With a picture or two.

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: With a picture or two.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, June 5, 2001 - 06:10 pm:

I run the risk of dumbing this into a wall, as my posting of neighborhood pics didnt seem to be a hit.

Fuck it.

I often wonder what it looks like where you all live.

So, short of putting up a picture of your house with address and security code....post a picture or two of what it looks like where you live.

this is my neighborhood

and this is what i see where i work and this

show me what it looks like where you live and work?

By Platypus on Tuesday, June 5, 2001 - 07:06 pm:

As soon as I have moved and found my scanner, I will post pictures of my new digs.

I think I have pictures of the house I'm in now on the Compaq, and getting those would require effort. So I'm just going to sit back and wait to see other people's houses.

this is a neat idea.

By agatha on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 12:19 am:

i'll take some pictures soon and post them here. i think this is a great thread, patrick.

By moonit on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 03:13 am:

Me too - I'll have to find the digital camera first. Um and I need someone to post 'em for me.

I'll trade for wierd kiwi junk food?

By patrick on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 12:35 pm:

well you could always search the net for pics. i mean if you wanted to take them yourself...thats coolio too, but seeing as how I dont have easy access to a scanner i just snagged some off the net.

cool....i look forward. i like pictures.

i'm happy to put them on a page off my site, if you want. email me the jpg's but i'll warn you, the page builder software has been acting nutty about which images it lets me upload.

By cyst on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

here is what may be the third-closest coffee shop downhill from my apartment. I never, ever go there because last summer every day some gross disgusting hippie guy would be sitting outside there without a shirt on. I think he worked there. plus, their readerboard always has the dumbest anti-starbucks, anti-corporate messages.

http://seattlep-i.nwsource.com/neighbors/capitolhill/scene1.html

By Nate on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 08:58 pm:

dude, those guys are hella alternative.

By droopy on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 02:31 am:

patrick, dude, i don't have privacy issues with the pictures i sent you. do with them what you will.

By patrick on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 12:02 pm:

ok, if i get more from others....i'll throw them up on a page. i really like them droop.

are you cranky cyst?

By cyst on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 01:33 pm:

not really as cranky as I sound. it's just that I hate some things about my neighborhood. especially now that I'm moving apartments (probably) within the building, so it seems less temporary than it was before.

it's just that it has all the bad elements of an densely packed urban area (trash, crime, crazies, high prices) and few of the good ones (good mexican restaurants, 24-hour shopping, fancy boutiques, well-dressed pedestrians).

By Spider on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

By droopy on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 11:08 am:

interactive map of fort worth

i live at 45 (upper right part of map). i can see 44 from my front window. i can see the skyline when i look west, including that bombed-out building i sent you (patrick) a picture of.

By Spider on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 12:04 pm:

Aw, they've changed the cameras on my links.

There are no pictures of where I live. Be thankful.

By Spider on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 12:11 pm:

Never mind.

Which 45 do you live at?

By heather on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 12:11 pm:

By droop on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 12:26 pm:

i live in the square where the "mp" of crump is.

By Spider on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

So you have the train tracks and the river -- that's very nice.

Except for where I am now, I've always lived within earshot of train tracks. I've got to move.

By Nate on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 01:54 pm:

By Nate on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

By Dougie on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 02:03 pm:

By Czarina on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 07:42 pm:

I don't think there should be a patron saint of television.Somehow,it doesn't seem very pious.

By wisper on Saturday, June 9, 2001 - 09:53 pm:

whenever i show this to people from other countries, they think it's terribly funny.

i took lots of pics today. i'll put them up here later. Actually made me realise how damn pretty it is around here.
    thank you patrick

By patrick on Sunday, June 10, 2001 - 01:49 pm:

"page not found"

my pleasure

By Spider on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 03:49 pm:

By Spunky on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 03:59 pm:

Looks so much nicer then kc

By Spunky Traccia on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

Sorry, bad link. Aw fuck it, there are no good pics worth looking at of KC

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact