A guy in fatigues

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: A guy in fatigues
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:09 am:

This morning, the security guard at my parking garage at work was replaced by a soldier in fatigues, wearing lots of equipment and speaking rapidly into a walkie-talkie.

This didn't happen on September 12.

NIH headquarters is down the road.

*whimper*

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:28 am:

NIH?

By Spider on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:35 am:

By Spider on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:37 am:

NIMH is further up the road, but I don't think that's a target.

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:56 am:

my fucking head hurts something bad spider.

By Dougie on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:08 pm:

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:12 pm:

though Im confident the gay agenda is NOT a media target on the terrorist radar...i've informed my colleagues im not going in the mailroom anymore.

By Dougie on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:36 pm:

Maybe they should just turn all the mailroom employees in the world into e-mail administrators and be done with snail mail once and for all.

By Spider on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:12 pm:

What about the guy in fatigues??? Someone tell me I'm going to die, please.

By Dougie on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

Spider, you're not going to die. You're safe because the guy in fatigues is there.

By trace on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:26 pm:

Fatigues stop anthrax

NBC got it today....

But, of course, "This is not related to the terrorists"""""

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

does the guy have a machine gun spidey?

why don't you jsut ask him?

"excuse me mister fatigue man machine gun sir.....well, you know, usually there are rent a cop secureity types here, and well, today, you are here, and well....i was hoping you could tell me specifically why you are here cause your kinda prompting me to fear that perhaps there is something close by of importance." {bat eyeleashes, wiggle buttocks}

By Czarina on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:49 pm:

Spider,this is just a precaution.You are lucky to have a guy in fatigues,that HAS a walkie-talkie.

Here,we just have guys running around wearing most unattractive white rubber shrimping boots,and talking WITH their hands.

See how lucky you are!

I'm going to Trace and Eri's house,for some comfort,and milk and cookies,and I'm bringing potato salad.Would you like to come.I'm sure you could whip up a tasty snack to bring along?

By trace on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

I have guys and gals all running around in fatiques and black combat boots, some talking with their hands, some talking into "bricks" in their hands, some with m-16's, but no one with white rubber shrimping boots, some are driving hum-vee's, some armored cars, some b-2's, a-10's, t-38's, apache helicopters...
    OH WAIT! I am at an A.F. Base.....
    I forget sometimes....

i can tell you that security has been higher since the 3rd of september, but today seems almost tighter then on the 11th

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

check it.

i had a conversation with a friend last night.

we talked about LA targets.

other than the usual....like the airport or a federal, i have the most notable target right across the street.

LA is not known for any particular sky scrapers...when you think of LA, tell what first building or facility comes to mind?

mann's chinese theater, which happens to sit right next door an almost completed megaplex. an entire city block. The Kodak theater and Hollywood Renaissance hotel. Its the new beacon of Los Angeles. Its destined to be LAs very own Times Square. Underneath it is a 6 story parking garage and underneath that is the fairly new subway line...that I take everyday.

wanna bring down the almost complete pride of LA? its right in front me.

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:06 pm:

CZ, bring it on. I'll put some brats on the BBQ. I am short on beer though. Need someone to bring that.

For comfort we can watch the water company vehicles all over our little side street and check to see how much water pressure we have periodically.

I would actually feel more comfortable with a man in fatigues, rather than a rent a cop. At least they are better prepared to protect you should something happen.

A lot of places seem to be tightening up security today.

By Hal on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

Find out spider ask the guy, I want to know... He'll tell you someting like " confidential mam, please move on, and that will be it."

By Spider on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:40 pm:

My co-worker asked Mr. Soldier Man this morning if we were in any danger, and he made a face like "naaahh" and waved her on. Alrighty then.

Patrick, I heard LAX was the predicted target.

By Dougie on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

My girlfriend just called. She works in Battery Park in NYC. Her building has been cordoned off by the police, and everybody inside is confined to the building. An announcement came on saying a suspicious package had been found on the 7th floor (she works on 12.) She said she could see from the window men in those yellow biohazard suits coming into the building.

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:57 pm:

Every time I see someone in biohazard suits it freaks me out. At least it wasn't one of those robots they send in when biohazard suits aren't enough protection. They had one on I-35 over the Missouri river about a year ago. Freaky

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

LAX was the target during the millenium hoohaw. I doubt anyone could get anything, anywhere near LAX. Its a fortress. Other than a bomb in a bag kinda deal. Otherwise no truck bombs or anything. you cant pull up to curb anymore. In fact only cabs and shuttle buses can. im sure you could make some sort of paranoid racist statement about "look who drives cabs" but i doubt LAx would be a target.

symbolically, american media, entertainment etc would be a better target.

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

actually i just thought of something that is startling.

TV guide has 3 floors in my bldg.

By trace on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:07 pm:

Eri,
    Not sure why you bother wathing Soaps, baby.
    Isn't our real life enough of one????

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:13 pm:

Oh, I don't know about our life being a soap opera. After all, our kids don't age 10 years in one week to make teen story lines, and no one we know has returned from the dead yet. Not to mention, I haven't had affairs with men posing to be you, and I don't have a chip in my brain making it possible to become a professional art theif with the flip of a switch. I don't personally know any clairvoyants who see the future and our neighbors aren't witches with talking dolls.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact