A Blanket of Gold

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: A Blanket of Gold
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Xyrea on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 12:40 pm:

All the trees turned sparkling colors last week. Today, as I was driving in to class, the leaves were falling down as if they were being thrown like petals from a flower girl's hands. The reds, golds, and oranges make me happy. I love the look of autumn.

By patrick on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

palm trees dont change colors. i miss what you see.

By semillama on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 02:27 pm:

I saw snowflakes today.

And I think I may have caught a slight cold, just when I recovered from this cough going around. Just in time for the start of fieldwork next week.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 02:40 pm:

i saw cornflakes today....

By Hal on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

Its already snowed here... Hell it snowed in June.

The mountains surrounding us have snow all over the peaks, its cool but its nice out today... I need to go home from work. I'm going to chill out in my bath robe all day long and its going to rule. We're having a halloween party tonight, we expect around 200 folks to be at our house (us is me and my roomates) we've gotten 5- 16 gallon kegs of beer, Me and my computer are providing the loud obnoxious music. And all the neighbors have been notified there will be a party that has a 3 dollar cover charge next door and it will be loud, ( but they've all been invited and we told them they don't have to pay the cover so we don't have to worry about the neighborfolk.)

Tonight will rule.

By Platypus on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 09:03 pm:

There's this one ornamental maple outside my house that's changing colour all alone in the midst of these redwoods.

It's kind of wierd. It must feel lonely.

By eri on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 11:10 pm:

The leaves are changing all around here. Some streets we drive down are lined with trees full of different color leaves. It is really beautiful. The burning bushes are starting to turn red.

Autumn and Spring are two of my favorite seasons out here. Too bad they don't last.

By R.C. on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 03:33 am:

I miss autumn in NY.

But not the winter that follows it.

Temps thruout Florida are going to drop into the 50's tonite. By daytime tomorrow/the endless mid-80's weather will give way to mid-70's temps/ which is what I've been waiting for. God willing & the creek don't rise/the temp will stay right in that zone til April.

Tomorrow nite's supposed to be down right nippy (in the 40's). Can't wait to break out my my down comforter! I shd wash it tonite.

I'm just so glad to have the a.c. off & the windows open.

By J on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 12:30 am:

It was still hot here today,97 degrees,I get tired of palm trees too,but I can take an 2 hour round trip and see the colors,it's pretty good.

By Daniel Monochrome SSSS on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 09:25 am:

Trees have been wonderfully colored here for the past two weekes, and then I travelled to Minnesota and saw an even drier colored fall too. Windy last weekend brought most of the color down, but there's still the brilliant smaller trees, and the dotting of the green cedars and long leaf oines punctuating the colorscape. Fall is my time of year.

It's an Old Forrester kind of day here.

The log cabin has been fitted out with a new roof and new chandeliers, mission style complete with stained / leaded glass, with which the occupant is exceedingly well pleased. Goes with the fall foliage.

By Xyrea on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

Each morning when I wake I find a thin kind of fog that hovers over the valley... The colors of the trees contrast with the white and make for some really fun mornings. I can never get my photos to capture what it is I see though. It's as if the beauty reflects, but none of the awe.

By R.C. on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:38 am:

J -- Where Are You?

By Daniel SSSS on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 08:38 am:

When I'm driving down out of the hills to twon, through the morning fog, I often dictate into a hand held recorder the thoughts and feelings but I can never really capture the awe of nature in the morning. Like trying to describe really good chocolate or sex. Or something like that.

Have a polychromatic Kodak moment kind of day.

R.C. Where in FL are you? (I'm south of St Louis in the foothills of the Ozark Mtns.)

By J on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 08:58 am:

I live in Chandler,Arizona,R.C.,A suburb east of Phoenix.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 12:44 pm:

it's grey and still here. I am in a hotel room, and our project is starting too slow. We lake a signed permission letter from landowners for one of our sites, which is supposed to be in the mail. Without it, we cant start work there. Luckily we have the letter for the rest of the sites, but it still puts a major kink in the plan for now. Still, I hope we can getback on track by Monday, when our full crew gets here. Chillicothe Ohio is a bad place to be bored in, there is nothing to do. The bar at the hotel has happy hour until 8pm, though and free food Monday-Wednesday, so there is a bright spot.

Managing a huge project is such a pain in the ass.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 09:36 am:

Ohio seemed always to be grey and still; I lived there for four years in the seventies while working on the PHD I never finished.

Ohio seemed to be the place people stopped off at in their quest westward from the eastern states. Not much redeeming about it, but good bars around Dayton and Cincinnati. Place called Max and Erma's had silhouetted male and females caricatures on the restroom doors with arms and fingers pointing to the opposite door (i.e., Max the obvious male was pointing to the men's room which had the caricature of a very feminie Irma on it). Many folks wandered into the wrong washroom, and the drunker the crowd, the more confusion. Also had telephones at each table with a number above the table so you could call other "interesting" parties...

Many nights, many nights in Ohio. Like lying in a coffin open to the sky and the body is unable to move. O-Hi-O. Then I discovered Mis-er-y.

By J on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:28 am:

Has anybody heard of Clyde,Ohio?

By semillama on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 06:38 pm:

Nope.

I can't even get a key made here. When we asked a local about good places to eat, he said there aren't any!

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 09:52 am:

I couldn't date in O-Hi-O nor could I eat-in O-Hi-O but O could I Cin cin cin cin cin (ati) O-Hi-O. Never heard of Clyde. There's a Slide in O-Hi-O.

Hey I quit. I got new gutters on my cabin yesterday and I am happy. Man with clean brand spanky new gutters.

By J on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:39 pm:

My girlfriend who is now shacking up with a child molester in Virginia,was shacking up with some creep that owned an Italian resturant in Clyde Ohio,she has issues. To be blunt,she's fucking nuts.

By Dougie on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

"Not much redeeming about it"

I'm sure there's plenty more redeeming about it now that it's rid itself of you. Don't go dissin' my home state, dumb assss.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact