Can't see.

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: Can't see.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lapis on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 06:20 am:

I'm walking on a bridge over the void. Who knows how far the drop may be, all I think is that I have to go on and the bridge will continue forever.

I've gone so far in the recent past, stepping from the comforts of boring and safe to living on my own and actually interacting with people on a social level, it's amazing, it really is.

Now I'm coming to another point where the bridge seems narrower, I'm getting scared. What else is new, Pez freaks out once a week clockwork. The store, the job that I complain about is being torn down and I'm getting transferred downtown.

I received my notice, I'm getting transferred in November. They can't tell me anything about my position, schedule (ha!) or possible hours. I go on.

I won't be able to walk to work if I want to. Riding home after work may very well be a nightmare. I might have to drive or even move.

I might not be able to get the time off I've been wanting.

I've been thinking a lot lately about starting a non-profit. One that will buy a house and help integrate those in need to jobs and housing, with an art gallery, kitchen, music room and some people living upstairs. Maybe a non-prof hostel. Maybe a database made whole.

Dunno. Maybe I'm just imagining the things I'd do if I had money and time and were completely unselfish.

It would be cool though.

By patrick on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 07:06 pm:

go pez go.

By Ophelia on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 05:29 pm:

what has portland in the way of public transportation? i s'pose you've considered this, i'm just curious.

you'll be good. you're strong enough to adapt and smart enough to know where to draw the line. well smart, and also aware of yourself. whatever it is that wishy-washy doormat people don't have, you've got it.

plus you've got crazy goals, which are what will drive you to do awesome things, no matter what the more feasible alternative turns out to be.

By Lapis on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 06:02 pm:

Public transportation is great, I can get just about anywhere in town on two buses (if not one).

The problem is hours. If I'm working early in the morning or late at night, I'll be more prone to take the bus rather than bike and sometimes there's "creepy old men" on the bus. Particularly late at night.

If I'm going to ride my bike, particularly during the winter, the bus will become more alluring and I'll have to deal with the creeps. Not fun.

By Lapis on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 02:23 am:

Okee, now I need to start planning for the next seven months. Or at least get a couple of general things straightened out.

I put in my requests for vacation in November (one for time, one for pay) so we'll see about that. I'm going to go talk with my new boss tomorrow.

Kazoo... I'm going to be in Atlanta sometime in May, I think. My cousin's getting married. We should meet up.

By kazu on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 09:33 am:

sweet.

By Lapis on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 09:37 pm:

...just had a meeting with my new boss, they
    don't have room for me just yet so I'll be
    shared between stores for at least the first
    month.... this also means vacation is a go!

By TBone on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:33 am:

Woo!
    What's the schedule?

By Lapis on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 04:05 pm:

We'll see, I need to buy my tickets first.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact