still life with yarn and doritos

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: still life with yarn and doritos
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By la on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 04:41 am:

i've been lurking

looking for something to fill time.
    i don't want to go anywhere. i think about it, make plans, but excuse myself at the last minute. bad weather, too tired, too far.

i'm not sad, but not all that happy either. just.... here.

crowds, even if every person in it is someone i call a friend, scare me. am i from another planet? i feel useless. a blob.

i don't know what to do.

i quit the sprockettes and am starting a band. i do my homework (sometimes). i think i have some sort of relationship, maybe it's nothing but i'm going to san francisco immediately after christmas to see him.

i wish i knew which directions to walk, what to say, how to make things easier but while the orbitals of electrons make sense much of life does not.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 05:57 am:

la la la la la la la ..............

By agatha on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 01:48 pm:

Dearest, why did you quit the sprockettes? It sounds like you're thinking too hard about it all. Just go with the flow, and it will take you where you are supposed to go.

I don't like crowds, either. I don't think that's abnormal. In fact, all of the feelings you have shared sound pretty normal to me, particularly for someone in the younger side of their twenties. Hang in there.

By la on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 06:34 pm:

going to school and starting a band take time.... i've been having problems communicating with the other girls and it was getting to feel too much like an obligation. i didn't want to be there, that much i knew. three and a half years is a long time.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 04:43 am:

La, sound like a high school.

By agatha on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 03:37 am:

It sounds like it's a good thing that you got out when you did, so that it didn't get frustrating and un-fun. What kind of band are you going to start? How many classes are you taking? Do you like any of them?

By J on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 04:58 pm:

The change will do ya good.

By Antigone on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 07:00 pm:

When you don't know which direction to walk, just pirouette.

By lapis on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 10:41 pm:

...except my spotting abilities are poor. i get dizzy doing chinnes.

it's a parody/cover band, with lyrics about zoobomb and the portland/west coast bike community.

classes? french, chemistry and another webdesign class. i'm attempting to decide if i want to inevitably major in french or chemistry... i want to be bilingual and be a geek and not to have to choose.

sprockettes was getting unfun, in that it was getting in the way of fun. i'm getting to be an eerily militant non-exclusivitist (even if i'm not that social) and they've been getting more and more exclusive all the time. i had a lot of disagreements with the group and no longer felt heard. sure, i want to dance, but my loyalties are to bike community/humanity at large/my friends over the dance team. i could care less about selling merch. i could care less about perfection. the creativity feels forced these days and i was feeling taken advantage of.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 05:31 am:

Chinnes? Did you mean Chinese?

By la on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 05:37 pm:

chinnés. chained turns. crossing one foot over the other, on tiptoe, then swinging around while opening and closing the arms.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 03:48 am:

La, now I understand. I have done that before.

By semillama on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 05:16 pm:

You've performed ballet moves?

By agatha on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 06:42 pm:

Yeah. Hmm. Tell us about your band vision, La/Pez/Lapis.

By la on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 03:10 am:

i've taken a bunch of dance classes. thinking about taking flamenco in the winter (though it wouldn't put me any closer to a degree).

i'm sworn to secrecy as far as lyrics go and sorabji isn't searchproof. buht.

guitar, bass, drums, singers and winds (i'm playing tenor sax and flute and a good friend of mine is playing bari). working on dance moves and skits and i'm not nearly as sax rusty as previously thought. though my jaw starts to ache sometimes after tooting for a while.

at some point i want to have a skit kinda like prowrestling entrances, only with the saxophones instead. capes, threats, goofy booming entrance music and fake violence. hells yeah. the debut's in february during dead presidents day weekend.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 04:29 am:

semillama, no, i didn't take the ballet moves, we took a P.E. class, and our coach made us doing that.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact