I had a bad week in July, now I'm paying for it

sorabji.com: Have you ever been lonely?: I had a bad week in July, now I'm paying for it
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Doctor 0range on Wednesday, August 26, 1998 - 07:00 am:

Things in my life were great. I had a beautiful who I loved very much who I'd been with since December, and lots of friends. Last year was probably the best year of my 16 year existance so far, because for the first time I had people to see and things to do on Friday and Saturday nights. Well, I was madly in love until early June when I went to a beach cabin for 6 days with my girl. 6 days may have been to many consecutive minutes of the same person, but when I got home I found out I was on the internet. The internet was my only wish in life because I was a computer nerd with no computer. So I was sick of the girl I loved, spending all my spare time online instead of with her. Sometime in mid-June I broke it off, and she cried. Automatically I felt I had done something terribly wrong, but I figured we had to move on sometime. I called her when she got home, and we talked every few days. We had a date to go see X-files or Armageddon together, so I thought I would ask her out, just as friends. X-files was sold out, so we saw Dr. Dolittle, and after the movie we ended up being more friendly than I thought. Needless to say, I remebered why I loved her. I began talking to her more and asking her out more. Sometime in July I started to change. I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but I got conceded. I got arrogant. I became an asshole. I'm usually a nice, easygoing, likable guy, but I was she was being to nice to me and I was feeling pretty special. My new attitude didn't go over well with anyone around me, and before I knew it she didn't have time to talk to me. At one point I just said forget it, I'll see you at school. So August is here and we have band practice. She avoids me like the plague, and doesn't respond to anything I say to her. I call her to see what's wrong, and she claims there is nothing wrong, and I think everything is ok. Then my sister told me she heard her talking about me behind my back, and I lost it. I called her and cussed her out. She apologised, promised it wouldn't happedn again, and that she didn't have a problem with me. Several days went by, and I tried some everyday conversation to break the ice between us. She simply told me to shutup. Well, we haven't talked since. I've talked to 2 girls, but I can't find a companion. It seems like I'm all alone. One of my best friends moved to San Antonio, my other best friend is busy with other things, and all my other friends quit band. To make things worse, my ex started going out with someone I know and see everyday, and it bothers me to see them together. I've been very quiet and depressed over how things are falling apart. I've actually lost a lot of sleep over this. Although I can only assume what would make someone, no, everyone hate me so much, I think it's because I mistreated one person for one week. Everyone who was my friend is her best friend. So I'm lonely, and there's no one to talk to.

By Skachick on Thursday, August 27, 1998 - 03:01 pm:

I can honestly say that I know how you feel.
    I am a 16 year old girl who has lost all of her friends this summer. I am left with my only friend, my boyfriend. If I screw this up I will just simply die. I understand how you were an asshole for a week. I get like that a lot. I get depressed for no reason and pick at everyone. I find something to be mad at and take it out on people. What happened to you is normal. This summer has been strange though. It seems like all of my friends are the ones who became assholes. They treat me like shit. They don't call me when there having people over. They hang out at my boyfriends house when his parents are gone and talk shit about me when I am in the other room. Like I can't hear them. They call me only when they want something. Suddenly they're my bestfriends when my parents are out of town. They get people to gang up against me. School will be hell. I will be alone. My boyfriend goes to another school and I am an outsider of popularity.
    I am Doomed.

By K on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 02:08 pm:

well try this, within the course of four months, my brother dies, my parents get divorced, my mom moves out, things go to hell with my boyfriend of 2 years, and of course i don't have that many great friends. yep that's the good life

By Doctor 0range on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 09:22 pm:

Funny, you'll laugh I know it. I feel better knowing that there are other people whose lives seem to have suddenly gone downhill, but there is hope. The thing I forgot when I posted that message was that I'm a 16 year old, and life is not really that bad at all. In the last 2 days I've found out I have a lot more friends than I thought, and that my love life is more alive than ever before. So life is a blast and I'm having the best time of my life, like I'm supposed to be.

By Skachick on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 11:39 pm:

Do you have time to figure out my life and find me some friends?

By Doctor 0range on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 12:05 am:

Skachick

What? It was really simple for me. I started hanging out with the "punk" people, the nicest people in the entire school. I started listening to NOFX and Propagandhi, and I got my self-confidence back. I started talking to people i hadn't talked to before, and my friends who I don't talk to as much were also looking for people to talk to. So by being outgoing and trying to have a good time instead of acting depressed all the time worked great.

And all this in 2 days...
    Don't ya just love being young?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact