I'm lonely for the majority of the time

sorabji.com: Have you ever been lonely?: I'm lonely for the majority of the time
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Marisa Lynn on Saturday, February 3, 2001 - 11:46 pm:

I've discovered that I have virtually no friends, other than my boyfriend whom I live with. I have a younger sister Miranda who lives 100 miles away and is two years younger than me, so she doesn't really count. Then there is Chrissy... she's married to my boyfriend's best friend Coyote. Coyote is constantly paranoid and jumpy and suspicious and I remind him of an ex-girlfriend that he attempted suicide over when she broke up with him. So my relationship with them is very strained. If Coyote weren't always around, Chrissy could be a friend. But she lives 90 miles away in Spokane and is four years older than me. I had a best friend Nichelle for 5 years, and then a few months ago we just stopped talking. I found out last week that she's engaged, but she didn't tell me. She told my dad. He mentioned it, assuming I knew already. I didn't. I've also been sick for two weeks, so I've been alone at home. My boyfriend is gone constantly. Work, school, Warhammer 40K, Earthdawn. Or he's busy and doesn't want to be interrupted. On line, reading, typing, assembling miniatures, painting miniatures, eating, taking a nap, on the phone planning to leave again. So I'm lonely.

By Antigone on Sunday, February 4, 2001 - 06:07 pm:

Well, that's why we're here. Drink from the magic
    cup and come into the cave, my dear. We won't
    bite you...

Much...

By Hal on Sunday, February 4, 2001 - 09:56 pm:

Yes, I must admit this places helps me alot. I don't know how to feel sometimes, I mean I know lots of people, aquatences mostly but I have a few good friends.

This place just gives me some nutty release from everything else in my life.

By Marisa Lynn on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 04:10 am:

That's good. I have plenty of spare time, I'm sure I can make an appearance here once in a while. *smile*

By Cat on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:31 am:

I hate it here. The service is pathetic and the menu lacklustre at best. And don't even get me started on the bathrooms. I'm going to Greece next year.

By Management on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 12:13 pm:

be sure and turn in your ass pic to nate asap marisa.

thank you

By Hal on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 02:20 pm:

Oh that reminds me I need to submit my ass pic.

By semillama on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

Any one who would rather paint miniatures than spend time with his girlfriend has some fucked-up priorities.

What's the Klingon for loneliness?

By Hal on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

Who the hell knows but I must say, that this person must seek some serious counseling...

I mean why is it, guys like that get the girls and a guy who just wants to be a gentleman and treat a girl right gets diddly squat?

By pez on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

because you feel guilty. or at least that's why my bf broke up with me. ick.

By Cat on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

No, no, no..you're all wrong.

Make way for the relationship expert. I've stuffed up seven, I know everything.

Marisa just needs to get a life of her own and stop being so dependent on her boyfriend. There's no point trying to force him to give up his interests or he'll end up resentful.

Or maybe she should join in the minature painting..try painting smiley faces on his minature for example.

By Rhiannon on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

Don't start me on the whole gentleman thing.

Too late.

Listen, there are honest-to-God gentlemen, and then there are people trying to be gentlemen. Just like there are truly funny people and people who won't let you off the hook until you snicker at their poor attempts at jokes. Now, the former people are okay...the latter people need a kick in the ass. Capisci?

By patrick on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:32 pm:

wasn't that a hilarious episode sem.

how bout that radioactive gorilla?

By Antigone on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:41 pm:

Cat, you're right. But nice guys still get the shaft.

And, Rhi, get started on that gentleman thing, please...

By Cat on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

And nice girls never get the shaft. At least, that's what my mother told me.

It's Lame Joke Day here, in case you were wondering.

By Pug on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 06:18 pm:

To me, it's a little disturbing to hear you don't have friends of your own----and I hope that changes. If you have friends of your own and a LIFE of your own---THEN you're shitting in tall cotton. But not until.

By Cat on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 06:28 pm:

Note that Marisa didn't actually ask for advice. But since did we ever wait to be asked before throwing opinions around like they were the legs of a skanky whore?

By Antigone on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

But, Cat, you're the relationship expert. Your wise advice is always necessary, whether the poor schmuck knows it or not...

By TBone on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 07:08 pm:

Hmm. Not especially liking the imagery of
    throwing skanky whore legs around...

But yes, if it weren't for Sorabji, I'd have
    either met people and gotten a life or become a
    crazed arsonist...

Thank goodness for THAT!

By Cat on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 07:10 pm:

We're from the government and we're here to help. Snatching disasters from the jaw of success a specialty of the house.

By Hal on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 09:17 pm:

I guess I realize nice girls get screwed too... But the only time I've ever seen that happen is because they are usually dating some asshole who treats them like their shit...

I guess my observations of life are way to directed.

By Marisa Lynn on Thursday, February 8, 2001 - 11:56 pm:

*lol*
    goodness...
    I've actually been sick for two weeks due to the stupidity of the Student Health Center on campus, so I hadn't been eating well (skipping my vitamins, too. I'm a vegetarian, and a lack of B 12 leads to depression), hadn't been sleeping well, didn't have much access to sunlight (we have a basement apartment), and was generally feeling like a loser because my mother decided to call me and tell me how I didn't have enough friends. And that planted the seed. So I started wallowing in self pity. Then I emailed a friend who told me she was in the same situation, but she has a dog at least. And then I went to the bookstore today, and the girl behind the counter ended up randomly telling me she didn't have many friends. And then a girl I have a class with told me the only female friends she has are girlfriends of her boyfriend's friends. So I don't feel quite so loserish now that I'm feeling physically better and have been getting outside.

On another note, Travis is a sweetheart. I get the idea that at least a couple of you are gamers or associate with them, so I assume that you know it's a rather big commitment; you can't just skip games constantly. There are a couple guys that do that all the time here, and they're going to get kicked out in short order if they don't straighten up. While I was sick, Trav would buy me applesauce and pudding and 7 up and bananas and rented chick flicks on DVD so I had something to do. Don't judge him completely on one post. Especially one I made while feeling crappy. He's a great guy.

By Antigone on Friday, February 9, 2001 - 11:54 am:

For a little indoor sunlight, try these. They help mightily during those overcast winter months, believe me...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact