Mr. Rogers has passed away.

sorabji.com: Have you ever been lonely?: Mr. Rogers has passed away.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 08:56 am:

By Nate on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:10 am:

what the fuck. this can't happen.

By sarah on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:13 am:

stomach cancer is very deadly. how sad. i wouldn't say "only" 74. 74 is about average for american men, isn't it?

By Bigkev on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:16 am:

many fond memories of that show, to bad he's gone.

i am sure Mr Rogers, and The friendly Giant are hanging out right now, watching over the little ones.....

By Spider on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:47 am:

My grandfather and most of his siblings are in their 90s and spry, so to me, 74 seems like a young age to die.

My favorite part of Mr. Rogers' show was when the picture on his wall became a movie, and we got to see how crayons are made or milk is bottled or other things processed in factory assembly-lines.

By semillama on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 11:23 am:

Mr. Rogers was a King among men.

Strange thing to say coming from someone who is on the side of all that is evil, I know, but there it is.

By patrick on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 11:30 am:

i heard this. i was a bit saddened too. Im a Mr. Rogers kid. My favorite part of the show was the train, going into the tunnel, into the land of make-believe.

train. tunnel.

this is explaining alot. more than you know.

sometimes i really think i must have been sexually assaulted as a toddler or something.

god damn.

By wisper on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 07:43 pm:

this is not happening. i am not seeing this.

By trace on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:10 pm:

It was a blow when I heard it.
    I watched it with Hayley a couple of years ago, and was amazed that he had not changed it at all.
    I can only imagine the pain stomach cancer would be.

By trace on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:10 pm:

Sem, I never said you were evil

By jack on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:19 pm:

fred rogers was an unusually brilliant, creative, and generous man.

By semillama on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 09:12 am:

Get a clue, spunky.

By Rowlf on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

Did you know that Mr. Rogers' middle name was "McFeely"?

By semillama on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 09:13 am:

By wisper on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

i love Voltron.
    i wish he was my coat rack

By semillama on Tuesday, March 4, 2003 - 01:17 pm:

I know.

Even Voltron is sad.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact