been there... done that...

sorabji.com: Have you ever gone hungry?: been there... done that...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Magickality on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 03:43 pm:

i've gone hungry several times... about a year ago, when i moved out of my parents' house, i lived in this really shitty trailer with two deadbeat roommates... i was the one stuck with all the bills 'cause they didn't have jobs (this was supposed to be a temporary problem; they were _supposed_ to pay me back). and there was a time that i was working only fifteen hours a week... at $6.50/hr; that's not much money coming in. there were stretches of two or three days that i went without eating anything, and drank nothing but water. but, eventually (thank the gods), i moved out of that house (_*hah*_) into another with a roommate who had more financial stability. those two jerks haven't even thanked me for my sacrifice (i had $1000 when i left my parents' humble abode; they drained all that and then some), or even tried to pay me back for any of it. i've learned my lesson; only move in with friend who already have jobs...

and then there are the times i've gone hungry due to depression, but that's another story...

By J on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 11:10 am:

With God as my witness,I will never go hungry again!!!

By Pink on Monday, July 19, 1999 - 10:06 am:

Right on, Scarlett O'J!

By Page on Thursday, May 18, 2000 - 01:30 am:

Hey Magickality. I hear ya. My roommate was this crackhead bitch who who spent all her money on dope. She actually held down a pretty stable job, but she was incredibly selfish and when she did buy food she would hide it in her room. She wouldn't give me money for bills on time because she didn't trust me with it. So I had to cover her share and then bitch at her for the rest. It worked sometimes. But when it didn't I would be down the street asking for money for the phone or bus or whatever. Didn't want anyone to know I was trying to scrounge up enough change for a loaf of bread. That seems like it was soooo long ago, even though it was only last year. Things are so much better now. She is in the same apartment smoking the same shit with her boyfriend. I learned a lot from that, too. I don't trust people as much anymore. Don't know if that's a good thing.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact